The Official: I can't find my Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Constant-Ra1n
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts
Yesterday I called 30 Gamestops/EB games within 50 mile radiuses and not one had a Wii or a Wii delivery in the horizon.(Not exaggerating either) One gamestop manager told me I was not alone, that he gets 200 calls a day about Wii's being in stock. (In other words, I'm competing against 200 unsexed soccer moms, 13 year olds, vulcans and old school nintendo gamers.) Looks like I will get my Wii around the release of MP3. If they're still out stock 3 months from now, I will hunt down Satoru Iwata and beat his 45 year old ass with a PS3. Am I the only Wiiless gamer who lives in a state completely sold out of Wii's?
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
Try walmart on saturdays and sundays. That's usually when the get them in stock and put them on the shelves.
connx802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 connx802
Member since 2005 • 407 Posts
Best Buy will be featuring the Wii in the Sunday ad for 7/29/07: minimum of 12 consoles per store. Get there 3 or 4 hours before store opening on Sunday and you'll be fine. :)
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts
i got the last one at my local toys r us, literaly the last one. They sold out in about 5 hours, and i didnt camp out (=
MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#5 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts

if u live in new york then go to nintendo world...

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Constant-Ra1n

MangoLlamas

Wish Nintendo world was out here on the west coast. I would live there, pick up chicks there, Nintendo world would replace barnes and noble. Closest thing we have to an exclusive upscaled electronic store is the sony style store. Maybe they sell Wiis?

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
They should sell Wii's!!! at least then they would be selling something :)
Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Constant-Ra1n

Try walmart on saturdays and sundays. That's usually when the get them in stock and put them on the shelves.catfishmoon23

In the morning or afternoon?

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I saw one at Target and one at Best Buy the other day. That was only the second time I've seen a Wii in stock since November. (Other than when I got mine a week after launch ).
ShinoGenjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ShinoGenjutsu
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
haha you should proably hate me...my dad(who could not quite grasp how rare a wii was in a store like gamestop) decided he'd pop in and check if they had one...and they actually did! It was hilarious. Have fun lookin mayeb you'll get lucky liek my dad.
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts

*Looks at thread title* Arrrgg...must resist obvious joke...herreng think it's staying down...

Anyway, have you tried ordering one from the internet.

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Constant-Ra1n

*Looks at thread title* Arrrgg...must resist obvious joke...herreng think it's staying down...

Famicomman

At least one person understood the underlying sarcasm in my title. I refuse to be riped off online and would rather wait so I save a 100 dollars.

Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Famicomman
[QUOTE="Famicomman"]

Constant-Ra1n

At least one person understood the underlying sarcasm in my title. I refuse to be riped off online and would rather wait so I save a 100 dollars.

Firstly, if you order from Target, E B games, Gamestop, Best Buy, or any other major store fir that manor, you should not get ripped off.

Secondly how would shipping cost a hundred dollers. Do you live in a really remote area?

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Constant-Ra1n

Firstly, if you order from Target, E B games, Gamestop, Best Buy, or any other major store fir that manor, you should not get ripped off.

Secondly how would shipping cost a hundred dollers. Do you live in a really remote area?

I am not worried about being scammed, ripped off by those legit stores. Instead I am avoiding their price gouge which is literally a rip off. I can buy each item indivually and save a 100 dollars instead of being ripped off with their wii bundle. My plan is to check wallmart out this weekend since everyone says Wiis are in stock on the weekends.

whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 whosgotthe311
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
I got my Wii at launch and to this day the onlyone I have seen is the one I bought.
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
try sears they don't have much but nobody look there so read this and call sears that are in 50 mile i bet u find one have them resevre it
Mirthwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mirthwood
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

I got my Wii at launch and to this day the onlyone I have seen is the one I bought.whosgotthe311

Same here

SkaterM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SkaterM80
Member since 2006 • 825 Posts
Well, your not alone. I can't find one either. Alot of people say Wal Mart is your best bet, so I'm going this weekend when it opens in the mornings. Thats what you should try.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
[QUOTE="MangoLlamas"]

Constant-Ra1n

Wish Nintendo world was out here on the west coast. I would live there, pick up chicks there, Nintendo world would replace barnes and noble. Closest thing we have to an exclusive upscaled electronic store is the sony style store. Maybe they sell Wiis?

i dare u to go to the sony storeand ask for a wii:lol:dare ya lol
fowler75291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fowler75291
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
thats too bad you cant get one. but when you do, youll be the happiest man/woman alive!!!
Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Constant-Ra1n

thats too bad you cant get one. but when you do, youll be the happiest man/woman alive!!!fowler75291

I'm a man, man. I plan on going to wallmart first thing sat and sun morning. Will try sears too. I should seriously make a documentary about my Wii search.

KabalCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KabalCage
Member since 2003 • 755 Posts
I bought my Wii in that infamous Walmart preorder that lasted about 10 minutes. So my Wii was shipped to me; to this day, I have never seen a new Wii for purchase in a store. I did see a used Wii at a trade/sell/buy dvd store; if you're willing to buy used, you may want to go that route.
fowler75291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fowler75291
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="fowler75291"]thats too bad you cant get one. but when you do, youll be the happiest man/woman alive!!!Constant-Ra1n

I'm a man, man. I plan on going to wallmart first thing sat and sun morning. Will try sears too. I should seriously make a documentary about my Wii search.

If you feel like you need to then feel free. I wont read it but go ahead do what you want. Sorry bout the gender confusion man. Sorry manand good luck man
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Toys r us has a deal with nintendo and get the most regular shipments. Sunday, at 7am, go buy your wii/thread.
faytedfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 faytedfire
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts

I got my Wii last Sunday, and there is one thing that I noted that helped me get it, and that was the shipment time. I was calling Toysrus a week earlier and they told me that they were going to sell it on Sunday. So people were calling in in that weeks time andk new about the sale. I called Circuit City on Friday, and that was when they got their shippment. They were holding the sale on Sunday. Not many people knew about the one in Circuit City and everyone knew about Toyrsus because they had more time. As a result, at Toysrus people were lined up since 4 fighting for 32 wiis, where at Circuit City, there were 12 people and 19 wiis. You could have came when the store opened and you would have gotten one.

So my advice to you. Ask the store when they got their shipment, and/or knew about it. If it is for a really long time, then I suggest lining up REALLY early, or looking for other stores as the sale approaches.

SlimShadee10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SlimShadee10
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
man i had to wait 4 hours in december 7th in new york for somereason wanted to be really damn cold that day but it was worth it
Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Constant-Ra1n

I got my Wii last Sunday, and there is one thing that I noted that helped me get it, and that was the shipment time. I was calling Toysrus a week earlier and they told me that they were going to sell it on Sunday. So people were calling in in that weeks time andk new about the sale. I called Circuit City on Friday, and that was when they got their shippment. They were holding the sale on Sunday. Not many people knew about the one in Circuit City and everyone knew about Toyrsus because they had more time. As a result, at Toysrus people were lined up since 4 fighting for 32 wiis, where at Circuit City, there were 12 people and 19 wiis. You could have came when the store opened and you would have gotten one.

So my advice to you. Ask the store when they got their shipment, and/or knew about it. If it is for a really long time, then I suggest lining up REALLY early, or looking for other stores as the sale approaches.

faytedfire

The last thing I want to do is wait in line. I wish Wiis grew on trees, not money.

LeWiiMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LeWiiMan
Member since 2006 • 344 Posts
i wento sante fe( closet place to me with a mall/target n stuff in new mexico) with my sister so she could get here car serviced and we walked to target and there were FIVE wii's and i called up my mom and she said i could have it for my B-day gift and so my sister bought and my mom paid her back and thats the first wii ive seen since launch and know i havent seen any
RedNight55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RedNight55
Member since 2004 • 165 Posts
In the time since the Wii has launched I have only seen one for sale... 2 weeks ago at a walmart next to my house... and I only had $240... what a sad day :-( And I only know of 2-3 people in my area who own one too. Im sure there are more, but yeah, Im having a hard time finding one too.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

i first read the title of the topic and i thought someone Lost their wii. i lol'd seriously im not joking.

it took me about a month to find one. (Black Friday to late december, day or 2 after Xmas) just be persistent.

Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Lamilia
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
[QUOTE="Constant-Ra1n"][QUOTE="MangoLlamas"]

legend26

i dare u to go to the sony storeand ask for a wii:lol:dare ya lol

lol..thats like asking for a big mac at burger king...only sony fanboys are more fit that whopper fanboys...so it wouldn't end well.

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

Hmm , i noticed here at least, walmart doesn't stock its wii's until monday or tuesday, even though they probably get them on sunday or saturday... so its basically a go and see everyday

you never know

obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
that's crazy. I live in ontario and we had problems, at least in my city, getting a wii up until two months ago. now you can find them everywhere, except ironically at EB. Walmart always has half a dozen, so does the Great Canadian Superstore (a boxstore-like grocery store that sells everything, including wiis), zellers, etc. They still are selling great, it is the Ps3 that sits on the shelves for weeks at a time, at least they used to, not sure now.
Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
I reccomend looking into some of the less popular stores, like Sears and Shopko. I mean I saw a bunch of stuff at both of those stores that were sold out across the place - or maybe somewhere like a furniture store that also sells electronics (like something called R.C. Willey, that's where I found Mario Kart with it gone every else). Don't worry you'll be bound to find one, and calling some stores doesn't hurt either. :) Don't give up!
Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
They should sell Wii's!!! at least then they would be selling something :) yonnex
LOL!
Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Constant-Ra1n
I finally found a Wii and of all places guess where, friggin Gamestop. Got the last one in my state. Now my search for another to sell begins.
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Famicomman

I finally found a Wii and of all places guess where, friggin Gamestop. Got the last one in my state.Now my search for another to sell begins.Constant-Ra1n

So are you going to buy one and increase the price, cause if so you will become what you didn't want buy from.

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Constant-Ra1n

[QUOTE="Constant-Ra1n"]I finally found a Wii and of all places guess where, friggin Gamestop. Got the last one in my state.Now my search for another to sell begins.Famicomman

So are you going to buy one and increase the price, cause if so you will become what you didn't want buy from.

I was only kidding. The only Wii I will ever buy has been bought and I am having a blast playing it. I'm not one to buy something, then turn around and sell it for a small profit. So far the vc games are pissing me off, using the gamecube controller to play them sucks. Looks like I will be forced into buying a classic controller. Im also worried about wii fps because Red steel was so awful due to the controls. I am not sure If I have faith in or even like the sensored wii controlls. I find myself missing the use of a gamecube controller, but will be optimistic and try adapting to wiis new controls.

Dulaphione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dulaphione
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I know this is a little late, but.. OMFG are you kidding me? u cant find a wii? i live in south florida, and at the gamestop in the south florida mall they where having a discount on wii's cuz they had an overstock O_o it was 200$ a wii, with wimote, nunchuck, and for a bonus as your first game, they let u get any game they had in stock for half the price. thats when i bout my wii.^_^