the most surprising thing about Nintendo during the e3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
Well the e3 is over and i'm kinda pleased, there weremany online games coming to the wii that surprised me (specially DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3, never sawTHAT coming),all the companies showed some good stuff, but the biggest surprise by nintendo is that: THERE WERE NO SURPRISES, yeah! that's right, nintendo didn't surprise me at all, i mean they announced mario kart wii but everyone was expecting them to do so, wii fit was ok but is not even a game,the release dates for SSBB and SMG were expected to belike they were, so were was Fire emblem: GoD, Disaster day of crisis or Bwii and i was expecting them to announced Excite truck 2 or a new starfox game, so there aren't many good things to say about nintendo during this e3, i think all the other companieswere much, much better than them, what do you think?
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Heh yeah I guess the biggest surprise was no surprise. WowI never thought of it like that :lol: that's wierd :P.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The big surprise was Wii Fit.

That news alone won the entire E3 and added even more power to Nintendo's presence in mainstream media. This week they've been on morning news shows, nightly newscasts, newspapers, and cable news outlets. Soon we'll see them in magazines.

If you're wondering why Nintendo didn't focus more on games then you didn't understand what E3 was supposed to be. It was for business (10000th time I've said this) Games will be shown at other shows.

Here's the latest clip from Gamespot...........

This about E3 overall

"Problem was, there simply weren't that many games. Barker Hangar is between one-third and one-half the area of one of the LACC's halls, and the booths were no larger than 20 feet by 20 feet (and even those were limited to a handful of big exhibitors like Sony and Nintendo). Although the ESA used the strategic placement of lounges and shifting overhead lighting to make the space seem livelier, the show floor was noticeably empty. The low attendance was good for editors who needed to play games for previews, but most of the big games were shown behind closed doors at hotels near the Santa Monica Pier. The sparsely populated hall also served as a constant reminder of how downsized the new E3 really was."

And this about Nintendo's booth

"There was almost always a line at the three Wii Fit stations at Nintendo's booth, where various visitors engaged in contortions on the game's footpad peripheral. Three other eagerly anticipated games from the Mario Factory--Brain Age 2, Super Mario Galaxy, and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass--were also present, at two stations apiece."

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

The biggest surprise was the Wii Balance Board. Everyone speculated that Nintendo was going to reveal new hardware like a new DS or a Hard Drive.

I don't like the Zapper, but I'm really excited about the Wii Balance Board.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Wiifit and the Wheel. Those came entirely from left field.
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts

Wiifit and the Wheel. Those came entirely from left field.Duckman5

Haha that wheel still makes me laugh. So innovative....

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
Well, at least the Nintendo made wheel looks better than the third-party one.
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
the biggest suprize was how reggie kicked shiggys ass in wii fit
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
For me it was Mario Kart and MoH being 32 people online :D I dont really care about wiifit it looks stupid to me.
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts
but the biggest surprise by nintendo is that: THERE WERE NO SURPRISES,SuperMario_46
Irony..
Mr_Doodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mr_Doodle
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

The biggest surprise was there were no surprises? A bit of a paradox, wouldn't you say. Much like "This statement is false", or "Do not read this sign". I agree with you, although you can be sure I'll be coming home with Wii Fit in my hands when it comes out.

Like others, though, I'd really like to see the balance board used in other games. Perhaps you can weave around with it in a boxing or shooting game.

Avatar image for nintendork12345
nintendork12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendork12345
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts

Well the e3 is over and i'm kinda pleased, there weremany online games coming to the wii that surprised me (specially DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3, never sawTHAT coming),all the companies showed some good stuff, but the biggest surprise by nintendo is that: THERE WERE NO SURPRISES, yeah! that's right, nintendo didn't surprise me at all, i mean they announced mario kart wii but everyone was expecting them to do so, wii fit was ok but is not even a game,the release dates for SSBB and SMG were expected to belike they were, so were was Fire emblem: GoD, Disaster day of crisis or Bwii and i was expecting them to announced Excite truck 2 or a new starfox game, so there aren't many good things to say about nintendo during this e3, i think all the other companieswere much, much better than them, what do you think?SuperMario_46

so you never saw DBZ:BT3 online coming.....but you weren't suprised???

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
there werent any shockers imo. the only interesting imo was that moh will have 32 people online.
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaemillz555
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts
the biggest suprise to me is that last year at E3 brawl gota full length trailer for the game. And this year at E3, an entire year later, all they put together is a 15 second clip of crap. Thanks nintendo!
revolutionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 revolutionman
Member since 2005 • 319 Posts
nintendo focused on the casual gamer this e3 so, there was no surprises for the hardcore gamer, if you think that the wii fit was a surprise then good for you. the balance board itself is pretty cool but the software, wii fit, didnt make me drool
donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts
mario kart online with more than 8 players and battle mode. Never thought that would ever happen
manny_stlye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 manny_stlye
Member since 2003 • 940 Posts
December 3rd!!!
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts
mario kart and dragonball z tenkachi 3 having online
umbriell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 umbriell
Member since 2002 • 1101 Posts

Right you are. Nintendo was/is the big winner. Taking it to the mainstream takes thinking differently than we've become accustomed to thinking.

The big surprise was Wii Fit.

That news alone won the entire E3 and added even more power to Nintendo's presence in mainstream media. This week they've been on morning news shows, nightly newscasts, newspapers, and cable news outlets. Soon we'll see them in magazines.

If you're wondering why Nintendo didn't focus more on games then you didn't understand what E3 was supposed to be. It was for business (10000th time I've said this) Games will be shown at other shows.

Here's the latest clip from Gamespot...........

This about E3 overall

"Problem was, there simply weren't that many games. Barker Hangar is between one-third and one-half the area of one of the LACC's halls, and the booths were no larger than 20 feet by 20 feet (and even those were limited to a handful of big exhibitors like Sony and Nintendo). Although the ESA used the strategic placement of lounges and shifting overhead lighting to make the space seem livelier, the show floor was noticeably empty. The low attendance was good for editors who needed to play games for previews, but most of the big games were shown behind closed doors at hotels near the Santa Monica Pier. The sparsely populated hall also served as a constant reminder of how downsized the new E3 really was."

And this about Nintendo's booth

"There was almost always a line at the three Wii Fit stations at Nintendo's booth, where various visitors engaged in contortions on the game's footpad peripheral. Three other eagerly anticipated games from the Mario Factory--Brain Age 2, Super Mario Galaxy, and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass--were also present, at two stations apiece."

Jaysonguy
Saxsoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Saxsoon
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts

I guess I am one of the few who is really excited for the Wii Board. The possibilities are very interesting.

They talked about the big 4, if even for a little, as well and Zelda PH. So I was happy with the conference.

JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts

all i wanted to hear is the release dates for some upcoming games, and i did (Brawl & Galaxy), the rest was just gravy.

i liked th new wii zapper. cant wait to try it out on an fps/shooter

EDIT as for wii fit, that part was kinda meh, but i would definately get the new peripheral if they implemented it in new games (Specifically fps'!!!)

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

AARRRRRRRRRRRRG!!

I'm trying to post something, but it is saying "One or more words within your message were automatically censored," BUT I HAVE NO BAD WORDS IN MY POST!

All the swears i said are allowed! WTF?

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

Let's try this now...

Things announced that were of interest:

Release dates for SSBB and SMG

I dont know why everyone is so pleased with this. Honestly, we would have found out eventually when the game was going to be released. You must have low expectations if knowing when a game is coming out is exciting enough for you.

Peripherals

This was all pretty meh, imo. There already is a wheel that Ubisoft released with one of their games, and it is pretty much the same, minus the ONE button on the bottom. The shooter peripheral is pretty neat, but not worth the extra $20. I could see maybe $10-15, but not $20.

Online Info

This really annoyed me and was comprised of sooo much bull crap. Reggie quoting someone who said "Wow, it's like having the world in the palm of my hands! I'm not sure if i'm ready for that!" Or along those lines. Honestly, we aren't idiots, don't try to cover that fact that your online blows compared to the competition. It is amazing how 3rd party companies are doing a better job with online that you (EA, Disney).

Wii will win!!!!

Montage after montage after montage. Way to gloat Nintendo. Learn from your damn mistakes and be humble FOR ONCE.

Wii Popularity thing

Great to know that Nintendo is spending their money on this useless channel.

Wii Fit

This was mildly interesting, but really disappointing. I was expecting a lot more from their surprise of the conference. Anyway, you know your show blew when the highlight was an exercise game (DDR is an exception).

I completely agree with the TC though.

Yay! It worked! I wonder why it didn't work before :?