The hidden genius behind the Zapper Bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

Now, this is mostly speculation, as no one has seen what Crossbow Training looks like, but the Press Release says that it has a similar art style to TP.

"Link's Crossbow Training drops players into a world in the style of The Legend of Zelda®: Twilight Princess."

What most people probably didn't think about is how casuals who buy the zapper play Crossbow training, and enjoy it will realize how similar to TP it looks and go out and buy it. Seriously, casuals will almost certainly eat up the zapper play the game, have fun, then get tricked into buying TP.

Plus, we (sort of) get a new Zelda game, even though it will probably end up sucking, since it's not a real Zelda game. Still, I'm hopeful. If it has intense horse-back battles against a bunch of Bulblins on boars, it'll be awesome. But if it's nothing more than target practice, I don't see how it would have much replay value.

I think the determining factor there will be dependant upon how it's advertised. If it's advertised as "20 bucks for a Zapper, plus a free Zelda game!" it'll suck. But if it's the Zapper that's advertised as a bonus with the Zelda game, it should be better. It'll probably be the first option.

HDShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 HDShadow
Member since 2005 • 2241 Posts
Whatever It's a 2nd Wii Play And look at its sales I'll buy it sometime Be glad it comes with something at all
Xenophone_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Xenophone_
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts

For some reason I'm actually looking forward to this. I'm by no means a hard-core Zelda fan, and I suppose it would be nice to see Link in a different setting other than the same ol' same ol'

I think that if it was going to suck then 'tendo would have left the gameplay mechanics the same but would not dare to make it zelda related.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
I was kinda hoping for a like 5 mini game game ( like wii sports wii play..) to come with the zapper but I'm a big fan of the Zelda games so I'm pretty exited
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k_smoove

For some reason I'm actually looking forward to this. I'm by no means a hard-core Zelda fan, and I suppose it would be nice to see Link in a different setting other than the same ol' same ol'

I think that if it was going to suck then 'tendo would have left the gameplay mechanics the same but would not dare to make it zelda related.

Xenophone_

I think you're right on that last part. They know what would happen if they made a bad Zelda game. Or what if that's why they attached the Zelda name: to get more sales! If it were just a boring shooting game, it wouldn't sell at all, but whent there's a big name in the title, people will buy it! Genius!

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
This wont be rubbish, im imagining something along the lines of the rriver rapids bow and arrow minigame in TP, if it's as good as that and with added stuff ill be very impressed. I can't imagine them using TP's style and then not adding a tiny bit of depth, rather than just shoot the baloons!!
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
If it does suck, then I wish they could have made it Mario-related, rather than soiling Zelda's good name.
lulu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lulu52
Member since 2005 • 1173 Posts

"get tricked into buying TP"? anyone stupid enough not to buy TP when they first bouth their wii would be lucky to gey "tricked" into buying TP. I'm sure the new zelda game will just be a fun little free game that comes with the zapper- not the other way around. It won't have much replay value because it will be made only to show off what the zapper can do.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
the more i think about it, the more i think its less of a game, and more of a tech demo. its just there to show off the zapper, dont expect anything big.
6-signObito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 6-signObito
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
I personally don't like Crossbow practice, but I'm sure that thousands of LoZ fanboys will buy it.
X_XSlashX_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 X_XSlashX_X
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
I thought if u got RE:UC it came with the Wii Zapper...So whats the point of this if u buy both?U get 2 of them?
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 k_smoove

"get tricked into buying TP"? anyone stupid enough not to buy TP when they first bouth their wii would be lucky to gey "tricked" into buying TP. I'm sure the new zelda game will just be a fun little free game that comes with the zapper- not the other way around. It won't have much replay value because it will be made only to show off what the zapper can do.

lulu52

most casuals won't buy the game, it's not Wii Sports/Play or Brain Age = no buy.

and I think it'll end up like Wii Sports, but with one game that hopefully has 1) a plot and 2) replay value (high scores, bosses, co-op) (Epona with pistol as P2? Midna? Zelda? Tingle? Patrick?)

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I'm looking forward to this.

I mean, you're getting a game and a peripheral for 20 dollars. The game is set in the Zelda universe, and I'm sure that they'll put some effort into it so that they can sell the Zapper.

It probably won't be very deep, and it will probably consist of minigames.

But you know what? It's better than nothing, and I bet it will be enjoyable.
darklordlaird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darklordlaird
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
I wish Nintendo would focus on making a real Zelda game instead of this gimmick.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

For $20, I think it'll sell pretty well. If it turns out to be highly addictive and fun, then it'll sell like mad because of word-of-mouth advertising, which is what made the Wii sell so well in the first place.

Once we know more about it, I'll know if it's worth buying or not. If it's even decent, I'll probably get it, simply because it's so cheap. Then I'm sure one of the zapper-ready shooters will be good enough for me to buy, so Crossbow Training is basically a guaranteed buy.

Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
:? Has Link ever used a crossbow? I don't remember him using one in any of the Legend of Zelda games I have played.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

:? Has Link ever used a crossbow?lovetheblindone

Nope. That's why he needs training. :P

yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#19 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I think the Zapper is going to be a complete failure that will be completely forgotten in a year. It's a casing for the controllers that no one needs. Not to argue whether it will or won't be fun to use, but rather that relatively no one will bother to try.
meedak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meedak
Member since 2003 • 177 Posts

I think the Zapper is going to be a complete failure that will be completely forgotten in a year. It's a casing for the controllers that no one needs. Not to argue whether it will or won't be fun to use, but rather that relatively no one will bother to try.yodariquo

I think you're very, very wrong about that.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Chances are pretty good that it'll be good.
Mr_Doodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr_Doodle
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

I thought if u got RE:UC it came with the Wii Zapper...So whats the point of this if u buy both?U get 2 of them?X_XSlashX_X

That's exactly the point! Get RE:UC, then get another zapper with Link's Crossbow Training so you can play co-op! And maybe have some fun with Zelda, too.

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

I personally don't like Crossbow practice, but I'm sure that thousands of LoZ fanboys will buy it.6-signObito

... uv never seen ut... same as all the zelda fanboys

LightThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LightThief
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I don't get why you are all getting so wound up about this... First of all attaching a game to the zapper and pricing it at $20 will get the thing sold no matter what...

So they attach zelda, perfect... What does this mean? It means they already have an graphics engine made and they are going to reuse it for the sake of showing off a new 'controller'.

So why is everyone so worried? It will be pretty and free. IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER

Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

I think you're right on that last part. They know what would happen if they made a bad Zelda game. Or what if that's why they attached the Zelda name: to get more sales! If it were just a boring shooting game, it wouldn't sell at all, but when there's a big name in the title, people will buy it! Genius!Xenophone_

This is what I'm afraid of.

Judging by the title I'll assume it's targets only, whether it'll be any good remains to be seen.

cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts

Why does anyone even care about the stupid zapper. It just something that holds both controllers together. I wouldn't ever buy it for that reason alone. Hell, you can probably make one if you really wanted to for much cheaper

frosty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 frosty_shark
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
i think it will be ok not great bt not bad eather. ill get so when moh 2 comes out av got a zapper to play it with.
Jin66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jin66
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
Horseback crossbow fighting with 16 player online support would rock!!! Neone think they will tack an online multiplayer option on? Just have people riding around hyrule shooting each other with crossbows. I know it won't happen, but a dreams a dream.