This topic is locked from further discussion.

MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Now that the DSi has basically come out, we fanboys cannot be satisfied with the current; we must know that the next generation holds! Write what you think the next nintendo portable must/ should have to meet your needs.

1. somehow, a RIGHT thumbstick, or at least an optional one.

2. non- nintendo censored online play (w/ no friend codes, or at least 1 per console and collection)

3. dont know how this would work, but be able to play standard like games, but also have the innovation of the DS

you?

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

Improvements i want to see on the next DS would be the following:

1. Louder speakers.

2. Download patches for games (I don't know if this is even possible)

3. Pictochat online?

4. Better support for routers like being able to use other security things instead of just WEP keys.

5. Ability to sync your DS to an online server like for blog and stuff since looking at the DSi that's where we are headed.

6. Little more improvement on the graphics wont hurt, right?

7. A much more powerful wi-fi detection.

Well thats about it.

Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts

Just an online version of pictochat really, and maybe a better online friends method... i'm sick of the friends codes D:

sweetfamilyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sweetfamilyguy
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts

Just an online version of pictochat really, and maybe a better online friends method... i'm sick of the friends codes D:

Tailscoolio

agreed

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

1. Louder speakers.

3. Pictochat online?

4. Better support for routers like being able to use other security things instead of just WEP keys.

5. Ability to sync your DS to an online server like for blog and stuff since looking at the DSi that's where we are headed.

Well thats about it.

dsownge
Actually the DSi have better and louder Speakers.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

Definitely louder speakers that will be blasting.

An online web browser that could play videos and also the system itself should be able to play videos and movies.

Some kind of chat feature that allows you to send a message wirelessly to anyone around the world also a better voice chat.

Way better graphics for those games.

A camera with better megapixels and should be able to send photos wirelessly.

Should support MP3

and finally,a better design for the system itself.

That's my thoughts on the next hand-held console but i know that half of those things i called out will not happen.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

6 cameras so you never miss a moment! (just kidding)

Way better graphics

more powerful system over all

I acctually like the size of the screen...

An anolog stick instead of a D-pad

Maybe a third screen but much smaller...to be used for like a mini map in a game or somthing...or it would work well with star fox showing their faces as they are talking! let italso be a touch screen...believe it or not it acctually sounds like a better now. There is a lot of added stuff they could do with somthing so simple as a third but much smaller screen! Don't even ask for the 5th ds because it will have to have 4 cameras! :D

Louder sound...

let it be cheaper than the dsi...i would like at the most 150$ Even if they do make it exactly how i said it will be more expensive! way more

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

There's not even a DS 2 yet

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

1. Louder speakers.

3. Pictochat online?

Well thats about it.

dsownge

I agree with everything. Online Pictochat makes sense, since if people are really so close, why not just speak? Only advertised as 50 feet... I heard that Nintendo believes the DSi is the 3rd generation of Nintendo handhelds. It's really more like the equivalent of iPhone to iPhone 3G or PSP 2000 to PSP 3000 (Slight understatement though). Nintendo probably says so because of the downloadable content, though.

Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

Tailscoolio

Amen to that! I want to play a simple online match without having to go to all the trouble just to retrieve a single friend code. :/

Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

Jaysonguy

Some people just like to think ahead...

jimbokong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimbokong
Member since 2008 • 260 Posts

take the cameras and flashy yet useless software like the video editor and music editor out of the dsi and stick the gba slot back in it and you would be laughing, all this crap about graphics and joysticks and stuff, psp? whatever, if it aint broke dont fix it

beny_pimpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 beny_pimpster
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts

lol hehe lol ull never who what the *** dudes in nintendo gonna invent next hehe

Tomatoes95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Tomatoes95
Member since 2008 • 5433 Posts

Jaysonguy
Actually, I think of the DS lite as the DS 2.
Tomatoes95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tomatoes95

take the cameras and flashy yet useless software like the video editor and music editor out of the dsi and stick the gba slot back in it and you would be laughing, all this crap about graphics and joysticks and stuff, psp? whatever, if it aint broke dont fix it jimbokong

Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to buy a DSi, I'll sell my DS phat. and buy a DS lite. I already have an iPod and it (believe it or not) plays music! :o

*EDIT*: Sorry about the double post. The second one was an afterthought. :oops:

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well ya theres no ds2 but theres a ds 1,5 ,, , the dsi , because it does have exclusive download games and more ram on board plus flash memory like the wii , a wii like menu , also the abilities to swap games instead of turning it off to do so from the menu ,,

lots of updates .25 bigger screen the new size is 3.25 was 3 what is psp any way a 7,5 in ch , but ya ds 2 should have the following

a 5-6 inch screen at least 2 of them

2 cams like now but 8 mega pixel ones,

more flash online support- i tried to view youtube its not possible yet until either the next one or update also-lets not forget now ds can be updated like psp , so ya i call dsi the ds 1,5

dsl is for pure gaming dsi is for gaming and more,

simply put it, ,

eventually every one gonna get one ,

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

Next DS I'd like

1. Single online system rather than friend codes for each game

2. Online friend chat (portable messenger. Make people want to carry their DS around)

3. A left thumbstick. Rayman DS was RUINED without it :( I was so sad to see that one of my favorite games from the Dreamcast was just terrible on the DS.

4. Would love some smooth, Dreamcast quality graphics. Having the thumbstick would give you all the controls of Dreamcast games, so maybe some of those could be remade for the DS :D

5. I want VIRTUAL CONSOLE!!!! Not handheld. I want a PORTABLE NES/SNES more than ANYTHING else in the whole world. I would sink so much cash into that that I'd be one of Nintendo's biggest markets :D I love the NES/SNES so much.

And personally. I would LOVE if the top half of the system was a big ole 5" widescreen LCD (or something along that size) . Then you could have a nice, big screen for your games, and then your little 3 inch screen for your menus, maps, etc that the touch screen is currently used for. Would get rid of those nasty, grainy textures that plague a few DS games currently because the resolution could be a lot higher. Would make internet, gaming, maybe movie watching, a lot better :)

Power-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Power-Pants
Member since 2007 • 353 Posts

I think it needs:

1. Improved hardware (graphics, RAM, etc) to bring it up to PSP standards (at least)
  2. Membership support for online (like Steam, XBOX Live, PSN), so you know what friends are online, and what they're playing, to make online playing a whole lot easier
  3. Larger scale multiplayer (at least 8 players for most games), I felt MPH was especially lacking with only 4 player support, and games like COD DS really need more players
  4. Virtual Handheld, for all your retro handheldy goodness
  5. More remakes. I WANT OCARINA OF TIME ON DS
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Jaysonguy

My thoughts exactly.

My sig says it all...

kirbyfalco55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kirbyfalco55
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

1. Louder speakers.

3. Pictochat online?

Well thats about it.

dsownge

The DSi actually supports WPA and WPA2, but I definitely agree with everything else on your list. Pictochat online would be awesome.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Tomatoes95

Actually, I think of the DS lite as the DS 2.

The DSi is a new platform according to Nintendo. More in the way of the GB - GBC really. DSi exclusive retail cartridges are coming also. The next generation of handhelds will take foreverthough. Nintendo says the generations goes as: (1. Game Boy) (2. DS) (3. DSi)

That makes absolutely no sense to me, but whatever. The DS Lite was like the DS 1.5, really. It didn't enhance anything for the games, just physical. An example akin to that is that the GBC was the Game Boy 2. There were the things in the middle, like Game Boy Pocket and Game Boy Light. To me the DS Lite was the middle ground between the DS and DSi.

A more fitting title for this topic is: "Next generation Nintendo handheld," or something.

Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"] The DSi is a new platform according to Nintendo.

That is a LIE! Nintendo clearly said that the DSi was not a new platform and that it might look like one to some people because of how much they did. People wanted these features from the beginning and Nintendo put them in there as best they could. The DSi is just a DS Lite with the features that people thought should have been there from the start.
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KurodaMurasaki
[QUOTE="freakbabyblues-"][QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"] The DSi is a new platform according to Nintendo.

That is a LIE! Nintendo clearly said that the DSi was not a new platform and that it might look like one to some people because of how much they did. People wanted these features from the beginning and Nintendo put them in there as best they could. The DSi is just a DS Lite with the features that people thought should have been there from the start.

Well I am officially done with Kotaku.
Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
[QUOTE="freakbabyblues-"][QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"] The DSi is a new platform according to Nintendo.KurodaMurasaki

Well I am officially done with Kotaku.

What's that?
monkey_spak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 monkey_spak
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

I thought the Music and picture funtions that have been thrown in are a massive bonus, i would hav loved it if they had put video capabilitis in with the DSi though, i'm really surprised they haven't to be honest considering that it's possible to watch movies on the PSP!

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
Two PSP size screens, GameCube graphics, online PictoChat, a system online profile instead of profiles for every particulair game (this goes for Wii too). No friendcodes anymore... seriously get the f*ck over them Nintendo, nobody likes friendcodes.
Zeybrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zeybrin
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts

There wont be a DS3. . . .

There will be a Nintendo TS! Muwah ha ha haaa It will open and close like a tri-fold wallet!

xD

Tomatoes95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tomatoes95

There wont be a DS3. . . .

There will be a Nintendo TS! Muwah ha ha haaa It will open and close like a tri-fold wallet!

xD

Zeybrin

That's a GREAT idea!:D Send it into Nintendo and see what they think of it! :lol:

SolemnJedi79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolemnJedi79
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

There needs to be more imagination in this topic.. Nintendo's next gen handheld will not likely be anything like the DS, nor will it have dual screens at all. IF they retain touch screen technology I can imagine it'll be one single touchscreen. It will likely be a lot thinner, new tech is always on the smaller side. Probably more in line with the iPod Touch than the DS, a slim, almost ALL screen, touchscreen handheld that can be played portrait or landscape. Hopefully with a retractable analogue stick and gamecube level graphical power.

I'm fairly certain the guys at Nintendo have bigger plans for their next actual handheld other than the 'it's like a DS only with more stuff' approach

xGhostShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xGhostShadow
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts
dsi better than any ds can play online and have a camira
Imsterminate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Imsterminate
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

Jaysonguy

Yes there is, the DSlite. (Allbeit not called the DS2 it came after the1st DS :P

Power-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Power-Pants
Member since 2007 • 353 Posts

There needs to be more imagination in this topic.. Nintendo's next gen handheld will not likely be anything like the DS, nor will it have dual screens at all. IF they retain touch screen technology I can imagine it'll be one single touchscreen. It will likely be a lot thinner, new tech is always on the smaller side. Probably more in line with the iPod Touch than the DS, a slim, almost ALL screen, touchscreen handheld that can be played portrait or landscape. Hopefully with a retractable analogue stick and gamecube level graphical power.

I'm fairly certain the guys at Nintendo have bigger plans for their next actual handheld other than the 'it's like a DS only with more stuff' approach

SolemnJedi79

I think some of that's a bit rash. Why would Nintendo get rid of even more backwards compatibility by removing one of the screens? I think you've got an nPhone in mind, not a new handheld. People would see it as a downgrade, or an attempt to imitate the iPhone or PSP. There's no evidence whatsoever as to the new Nintendo handheld.

MyDSi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MyDSi
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

Here we go again. :roll:

Tomatoes95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tomatoes95

MyDSi

What? About what? This thead isn't going to just repeat itself until the end of time, is it? :?

Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts

[QUOTE="MyDSi"]

Tomatoes95

What? About what? This thead isn't going to just repeat itself until the end of time, is it? :?

Fraid so... :?

kidmoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kidmoogle
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

Ok kiddies! Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Let us wait until a DS2 comes out before we start talking about improvements for a DS3.