The DS has renewed my faith in gaming.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

I got to admit, I've been in limbo with gaming for awhile now.
My PS2 and GC got old, and the newer home consoles haven't given me enough reasons to go out and buy them yet. I do own a Wii, but games-wise it's been collecting dust for awhile.
Then I got a DS for my birthday.
I'd been dropping hints for a long time, but I had no idea what I was in for. And I'm just so excited I had to come here and share my love for this little system with everyone.

Gaming has always been a little more than a hobby to me, it's pretty much a passion. School and family always come first, but gaming is next on the list. The DS has only solidified gamings place in my life.

This system has got what I've been deprived of for years: quality turn-based strategy and RPG games. I've always hoped for more modern twists on the genres I love, but the home consoles left me high and dry. The games I've been playing on the DS are EXACTLY what I've been looking for. FF Tactics A2, the FF3 & 4 remixes, Rune Factory, Luminous Arc,...it's just too much, I swear my head is going to explode. And with the Dragon Quest games coming, I'm in heaven.

The DS is my savior of gaming. Anyone else feel the same way?

MetalHead888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MetalHead888
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
wow. same exact story here. i used to play ps2 and game cube also but stopped years ago. i bought a wii and a bunch of games around december of 07 and did not play much of it at all. i liked the games, but i never got into it. now that i got a new job were i can do pretty much anything i want, i decided to go out and buy a ds. so far i picked up like 20 games in 3 or 4 months and i play 5 days a week 8 hours straight. best job ever.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

When it first came out, I was expecting another gameboy, but its way better than I ever expected ( I bought it at first just for pokemon, but that was 3 years ago).

AlmightyMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 AlmightyMax
Member since 2007 • 1087 Posts
Yeah, it's probably one of my favorite consoles of all time.
fellowbetrayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fellowbetrayed
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
I'm with you 100% Conjuration, I had practically stopped gaming altogether before I got my DS. Now I'm like I was in my younger SNES days! :)
The_Spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 The_Spiderman
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
I definitely agree with the greatness of the DS. Due to family obligations, I had to focus my gaming energy on 1 system & my DS fits the bill nicely. Just about every gaming genre is represented. Whether your casual or hardcore, you will find it on this little handheld. LONG LIVE THE DS...at least until the next one comes out.;)
Um_Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Um_Wut
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts
I have two consoles...a ds (weakest on the market today) and a PS3 (strongest on the market today). I play my DS everyday. Haven't touched my PS3 in about two weeks. Conclusion: innovation>power.
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

it's pretty weird you said that...because well i got a similiar situation. My wii recently broke (stopped reading the disks altogether and cant connect to the internet), but i was already getting fed up with it, the hope of a star fox game in the near future was really the only thing that stopped me from giving up on it completely and getting a ps3/xbox360. I always gamed on my pc a little so it was a good fall back, but my pc was getting slow and couldnt run many games. In a fortunate winfall, i managed to gain $70ish dollars and upgraded mmy computer memory.

With the coming of spore and diablo 3, i decided to give up console gaming (for this generation at least) and game and my PC, but i also had the idea in my head to replace my old DS phat, which the top screen hinge had broke off, and get a lite for xmas. Instead my brother got one for his birthday and picked up FFIV which i didnt think id like that much. Turns out i fell in love with the game and am about halfway into it like a week later and my brothers still on the first dungeon :P

now with the coming of kirby superstar ultra, i really feel no need to buy anything for my consoles, because i even wanna pick up yoshi's island ds and LoZ:phantom hour glass. The ds really is an amazing little machine, armed with as many great games as the snes or the ps2 in its prime. It also restored my faith in (non PC :P ) gaming

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I guess the DS isn't for everybody. I got one about 3 years ago and I never play it anymore. I couldn't find many games that interest me. But hey, glad you like it.
PK-er1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PK-er1111
Member since 2005 • 609 Posts
Pretty much the same for me. I have been having a hard time finding a game that really satisfies me on a home system, but the DS always has something new and exciting.
Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts
Same situation here. I'm only buying 1st party and Square games, and I still can't keep up :P
halfbreed11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 halfbreed11111
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts

no i wouldnt say that there are some great platformers and action games on the ps3 and xbox

just not that many rpgs

CenterOpposite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CenterOpposite
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Is your employer hiring, MetalHead? :P
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts
The DS has also change my gaming experience, it is the only system i owned and play.
coma_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coma_kid
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
reading this almost made me cry. i love the ds. much more than i could have ever imagined. whenever i sign on to gamespot, its not for any other system, but the ds. i might check the wii forums, but for the most part, i'm here for the ds. it's an amazing gaming device. i hardly play my wii at all, but i don't think i go a day without playing at least two hours on my ds. and i concure with whoever said "LONG LIVE THE DS"!
Runerey619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Runerey619
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

oh yeah me too.

i got an gba, xbox and PS2 until xbox360 came out and stopped xbox game production i stopped play the xbox (i still hate microsoft for that.)

the most recent game on the PS2 i played was the god of war.

not until recently i got a wii last christmas when i started playing it for a couple of weeks before i stopped playing it at all.

since then until 6 months later.. i got a ds for my birthday. which of course took me by surprise.

until now, i have been stucked on my ds till now as it is just oh-so-perfect.

the graphic may not be as good as the psp however, in terms of gameplay, it certain beat the psp few hundred times. (did i forgot to mention i had a psp for a while till i dropped it 6 storeys down.)

I JUST LOVE THE DS!!

MetalHead888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MetalHead888
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Is your employer hiring, MetalHead? :PCenterOpposite

not at the moment. sorry dude. lmao.

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts
I got my DS due to the fact that i can't resist the FFIV and Dragon Quests remakes, not to mention the new Dragon Quest IX for DS too!
xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 xylophagous
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts
Same for me. I don't have the time for long gaming sessions with either consoles or a pc, so the DS is perfect for quick pick up and play sessions. The bulk of my gaming collection is now DS titles. I still buy 360, pc, and Wii games but don't play them very often. With those consoles I'm building up a long term collection of games that I will play over the next couple of years.
JDigital22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JDigital22
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
I Live in NYC so i am always on the subway, the bus or the train headin up to my parents house in upstate NY. So the DS is like my best friend, i bring it everywhere. The rpg's never get old so i stay busy. It turns a boring 2-4 hours into a meaningful 2-4 hours meaningful as in getting further in the games. I have a question, how do i get a picture over my names next to my posts? it would b greatly appreciated because i would like to put Gambit there or somethin. Thanks. I have never really gotten into blogs until now so thats y i do not know. Again thanks.
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

I got to admit, I've been in limbo with gaming for awhile now.
My PS2 and GC got old, and the newer home consoles haven't given me enough reasons to go out and buy them yet. I do own a Wii, but games-wise it's been collecting dust for awhile.
Then I got a DS for my birthday.
I'd been dropping hints for a long time, but I had no idea what I was in for. And I'm just so excited I had to come here and share my love for this little system with everyone.

Gaming has always been a little more than a hobby to me, it's pretty much a passion. School and family always come first, but gaming is next on the list. The DS has only solidified gamings place in my life.

This system has got what I've been deprived of for years: quality turn-based strategy and RPG games. I've always hoped for more modern twists on the genres I love, but the home consoles left me high and dry. The games I've been playing on the DS are EXACTLY what I've been looking for. FF Tactics A2, the FF3 & 4 remixes, Rune Factory, Luminous Arc,...it's just too much, I swear my head is going to explode. And with the Dragon Quest games coming, I'm in heaven.

The DS is my savior of gaming. Anyone else feel the same way?

Conjuration

You basically really like RPGs. DS is probably the best choice for that nowadays

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I do play my DS a lot but I also play my PC just as much.

Both are my renewal in gaming.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

It didn't renew my faith in it but it made me love gaming more than I already did

It truly is a brilliant portable console