The 3DS internet browser should be able to support adobe flash fully!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MeGaMaN_9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MeGaMaN_9391
Member since 2008 • 227 Posts

Keiji Inafune said that he wanted a handheld with a powerfull processor and he said it was the 3DS. that what was needed for flash, so ninty should ask adobe to make a flash player for them. do you agree?

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

The Wii is also strong enough to support flash and so is the the gamecube, and xbox. the reason most people do not include flash in their devices is because of licensing costs. It has nothing to do with the lack of proccessing power. Just because he siad it can doesnt mean it will. Also link or it never happened.

MeGaMaN_9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MeGaMaN_9391

i didn't mean that keiji wanted adobe flash. he only said that he was waiting for a hendheld with a powerfull processor. keiji said that on the E3 developer interviews about the 3DS.

destroyerHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 destroyerHHH
Member since 2004 • 772 Posts

Keiji Inafune said that he wanted a handheld with a powerfull processor and he said it was the 3DS. that what was needed for flash, so ninty should ask adobe to make a flash player for them. do you agree?

MeGaMaN_9391
I would love to see this happen but personally don't think it will. Although the 3DS could easily do Flash 10.1 thanks to its powerful GPU, I don't think Nintendo sees it as a valuable feature. I think its a safer bet to to hope for a Youtube app on it.
gangstaa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 gangstaa9
Member since 2007 • 258 Posts

youtube in 3d:roll:

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

The Wii is also strong enough to support flash and so is the the gamecube, and xbox. the reason most people do not include flash in their devices is because of licensing costs. It has nothing to do with the lack of proccessing power. Just because he siad it can doesnt mean it will. Also link or it never happened.

painguy1

The royalties are very big are they not

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 painguy1

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

Cruse34

yeah im assuming so considering many are reluctant to implement it.

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
What if we could watch those 3D youtube videos? O_O Although I guess use the red/blue glasses right?
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 painguy1

What if we could watch those 3D youtube videos? O_O Although I guess use the red/blue glasses right?Homesrfan
u can watch it in different modes

Wiismgrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wiismgrocks
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

Yeah I hope flash is included...85% sure it wont be though :/ and youtube...well I see them making a special version for 3DS! It would just need the 2 clips going at the same time... one for each screen, no crossing eyes or glasses!

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

Cruse34

No. In fact Adobe abolished the royalties on third party flash players awhile ago.

The Wii's Internet Channel BTW does support flash.

painguy1

The only company I know is specifically reluctant to support flash is Apple. And I believe the real reason is that they consider it to be a rival to their own download services.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 painguy1

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

ThePlothole

No. In fact Adobe abolished the royalties on third party flash players awhile ago.

The Wii's Internet Channel BTW does support flash.

painguy1

The only company I know is specifically reluctant to support flash is Apple. And I believe the real reason is that they consider it to be a rival to their own download services.

oh rly:?....umm ok if u say so:) yeah the wii does haev flash but its horrible. doesnt nintendo have to pay Adobe to design a version of flash for the wii's hardware though? its not a simple matter of oh ok lets put flash, right?

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

oh rly:?....umm ok if u say so:) yeah the wii does haev flash but its horrible. doesnt nintendo have to pay Adobe to design a version of flash for the wii's hardware though? its not a simple matter of oh ok lets put flash, right?

painguy1

Adobe didn't need to develop a Flash player specifically for the Wii. They produce development kits which then let programmers bring flash to various integrated devices. It used to be that the kit was based on an older version of flash... version 7 is what the Internet Channel originally included... though now it's based around "Flash Lite", which brings many of the functions of the newer desktop versions while still being able to run on a lower end device. Currently the browser runs Flash Lite 3.1.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 painguy1

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

ThePlothole

Adobe didn't need to develop a Flash player specifically for the Wii. They produce development kits which then let programmers bring flash to various integrated devices. It used to be that the kit was based on an older version of flash... version 7 is what the Internet Channel originally included... though now it's based around "Flash Lite", which brings many of the functions of the newer desktop versions while still being able to run on a lower end device. Currently the browser runs Flash Lite 3.1.

oh i see. the more you know :P

BurninBluber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BurninBluber
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts
ill kill someone if they dont!! i wanna watch youtube!!
JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 JNKtastic
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

painguy1
Another fantastic reason to leave Adobe Flash the heck alone is because of its player bugginess and application fatness. I work as a web developer and SOMETHING always goes wrong with Flash. If it isn't Adobe coming out with a buggy release of the new Flash Player, then it's Flash programmers who don't know how to do proper Flash programming which results in overly fat, memory-leaking Flash applications. I will ALWAYS vote NO FLASH for handheld devices until both Adobe and the programmers who work with Flash get their act together and I don't care how much I use applications that utilize Flash.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Wouldn't a flash player on the 3ds make the DSi games pretty much obsolete? I mean if you can go out and play flash mini games why would you want to buy them from the marketplace? Games like linerider were even sold as full retail.

Just a thought.

MeGaMaN_9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MeGaMaN_9391

i just saw the topic and the last 12 posts, my wifi adapter was ruined but now i have a new one