Take a Wii on a plane?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

Need help with something.  My nephew is going away this week and wants to take his Wii.  My question is do they allow you to take it on the plane with you?  He wants to take it in his carry on bag. 

Has anyone taken theirs on a trip with them without any problems?

IamSliM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IamSliM
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
Hey, I took mine from Colorado to California over Christmas and would have to say I had no problems.  I did put it in my luggage tho, and checked it in under the plane.  I simply wrapped it in some clothes, and had it set securly in the center of my suitcase to keep it padded well.  I'd reccomend doing that.  Remember, it flew to you from somewhere!

As for carrying it on, I wouldnt recommend it, unless you feel like hauling it out for security.  They may even ask for it to be plugged in.  (This was what I was told by my Cousin who is head of TSA in Philly)
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
Just tell him to suck it up and put it in his luggage. It'll probably be ripped apart by security if it isn't just confiscated all-together. If he only has a carry-on bag, then I would rather leave it at home for a week than to get it snatched up by security.
sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sinsalaca
I wasn't sure about putting it in his bag since I don't believe you can lock luggage now.  Or at least that is what I was told.
Draconis77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Draconis77
Member since 2003 • 636 Posts
I took it on a trip for Thanksgiving right after it came out and had no problems taking it in my backpack as a carry on. They didn't even look inside. I'm sure it will mostly depend on the airport and security personnel at the airport.
sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sinsalaca
I personally don't think he needs to take it with him.  He is taking his DS, but wants to the Wii too.
Eclipt1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Eclipt1c
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts

Flying out of DC in August (just after the whole British water bottle scare) I brought my 360 in my carry-on bag.  In this extremely heightened security, all I had to do was to take it out of the back and they swabbed it down with something and tested it for traces of substances used to make bombs.

I highly suggest bringing the power supply and maybe the video cables and a controller (not really that much) because they may ask you to turn it on.

specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts
I called my airline in january and they said sure. So I packed mine into a portabel dvd player case, along with all the components that come with the wii, and was fine. I didnt have to take it out or anything. Now, if you are chosen for a full search then yeah, you will have to pull it out, but you are still fine. Just call the airline you are taking, or that he is taking, and ask to make sure...Shoudl be fine...
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I personally don't think he needs to take it with him.  He is taking his DS, but wants to the Wii too.sinsalaca

Then tell him he can't take it.  You're an adult and he's a kid.

thefman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thefman
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
i took my 360 from florida to colorado and i did not have any problems.