surround sound HELP IMPORTANT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Coughs
Member since 2007 • 813 Posts
How could I connect a surround sound system to my tv, wii, xbox 360, ps3 and sky +? or maybe even my pc aswell
superweasle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 superweasle
Member since 2005 • 803 Posts

How could I connect a surround sound system to my tv, wii, xbox 360, ps3 and sky +? or maybe even my pc aswellCoughs

You really can't have them all plugged in at once, unless you have some giant mega splitter for all the sound cables to go into and come out as one.

Coughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Coughs
because my sound comes out of my tv, if I just plugged it into my tv wouldnt it work the same as my wii, ps3, xbox360 and sky+ are plugged into my tv?
superweasle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 superweasle
Member since 2005 • 803 Posts

because my sound comes out of my tv, if I just plugged it into my tv wouldnt it work the same as my wii, ps3, xbox360 and sky+ are plugged into my tv?Coughs

No. If you want your TV sound to come out of your surround sound system you'll need a digital coaxial cable to connect from the TV's output to the systems input. You can plug you console's video cables (yellow) into tv, but separate the sound cables (red and white) into the surround system.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

because my sound comes out of my tv, if I just plugged it into my tv wouldnt it work the same as my wii, ps3, xbox360 and sky+ are plugged into my tv?Coughs

That's exactly what you do

Everything feeds into the TV, then the TV out goes inot the receiver.

This is why component cables don't have two longer cables for the sound which I have no idea why people complain about it. If you have a higher end TV it outputs the sound, that is what's supposed to go to the receiver.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

[QUOTE="Coughs"]because my sound comes out of my tv, if I just plugged it into my tv wouldnt it work the same as my wii, ps3, xbox360 and sky+ are plugged into my tv?Jaysonguy

That's exactly what you do

Everything feeds into the TV, then the TV out goes inot the receiver.

This is why component cables don't have two longer cables for the sound which I have no idea why people complain about it. If you have a higher end TV it outputs the sound, that is what's supposed to go to the receiver.

That's how I set mine up. I don't have to worry about changing sound devices, just put the TV to the proper place depending if I want to play one of my consoles, PC, DVD (though mine is the DVD-Stereo combo), or any other input; yes even my girlfriend's Karaoke (At least I know one whole song in Tagalog)
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
All of the newer TV's have an audio out thing on the back so just connect all your systems like you nromally would to the TV and connect your stereo to the audio out.
Coughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coughs
Someone told me I connect the sound system to the audio output on my tv and then I connect my ps3, wii, xbox 360 and sky+ to my tv, Then my TV will send the sound from whatever one I'm using to the sound system? Is this true Yes Or No?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Someone told me I connect the sound system to the audio output on my tv and then I connect my ps3, wii, xbox 360 and sky+ to my tv, Then my TV will send the sound from whatever one I'm using to the sound system? Is this true Yes Or No?
Coughs

Yes, that's how you do it

All the systems feed into the TV, the TV feeds into the receiver.