Super Smash Bros. Brawl or a bunch of VC games???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

talon9724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 talon9724
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

I was at Target today and was browsing through the Wii section and saw super smash bros. for $37. Now I was debating on either getting brawl or a bunch of VC games for the wii. I only have super mario brothers and tecmo bowl for VC, so I would have plenty to choose from.

Now I have never played a smash bros. game, so I would be a big time noob. How big is the learning curve? Would it be too difficult for me? any input would be great thanks.

blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

I recommend you go the vc route because there are so many classics on there that will provide you with countless hours of entertainment, but smash bros was also an awsome game so I would definately get it eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I would go with Brawl, because that is a pretty good price for a Nintendo-published Wii game which normally stay at $50.00 for years.

But be sure to look into the virtual console, and maybe even the wiiware, sometime. There are plenty of old flames and some newromances to be had.

xXvenom5150Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xXvenom5150Xx
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

I love Super Smash and the classics but I say if you can get more Virtual Console games for the same price then do that. Then go back and get Brawl because it is such a great game :D

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
so 4000 points or SSBB. Well if you're into fighting games or brawlers SSBB would definitely be a better choice but if you're into old school classick games go for the points.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I should probably mention that the original Super Smash Bros. (N64) is coming out on the virtual console in Europe and Japan soon, and will probably follow in America not long after.

talon9724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 talon9724

well brawl looks really fun, and i have always been interested in it(seeing a bunch of videos and reading reviews) where i was always on the fense on that game. The only reason that I have passed on this is the not knowing if Im gonna really like it once i would actually play the game. Or I would really suck at it and just get too frustrated and quit. With no demo, I am basically stuck taking a chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

well brawl looks really fun, and i have always been interested in it(seeing a bunch of videos and reading reviews) where i was always on the fense on that game. The only reason that I have passed on this is the not knowing if Im gonna really like it once i would actually play the game. Or I would really suck at it and just get too frustrated and quit. With no demo, I am basically stuck taking a chance.

talon9724

You know Brawl isn't a bad game, but I don't think it feels like the original Smash Bros. experience. That said, I think you should try to download the VC one first when it comes out, to start it off the right way. You may even feel inclined to buy Melee with a GCN controller and memory card after that, to see the transition the game goes through on its way to the most recent game.

talon9724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 talon9724

thats an interesting point, when would you guys think the original smash brothers would be out in america on vc?

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

[QUOTE="talon9724"]

Ovirew

You know Brawl isn't a bad game, but I don't think it feels like the original Smash Bros. experience. That said, I think you should try to download the VC one first when it comes out, to start it off the right way. You may even feel inclined to buy Melee with a GCN controller and memory card after that, to see the transition the game goes through on its way to the most recent game.

I agree, for the most part. If you want to really get into Brawl, do NOT play Melee for a long time. Brawl is a little bit faster than 64, but Melee is much faster than both, so the transition from 64 to Brawl is much easier than from Melee to Brawl.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts

[QUOTE="talon9724"]

Ovirew

I disagree. He'll just be spending too much money that way. And Brawl is far superiour then original IMO. If you intend to play with others get brawl. If you are by yourself get VC. Can't go wrong with either though.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

If you have other people that you consistently play video games DEFINETELY brawl

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

go with brawl

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points