Super Mario Galaxy-- did it dissapoint you too?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madskillz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 madskillz101
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
When I bought the game today, I had a bunch of friends over. It started out fine, maybe like a 7-8 on the gamespot score thing in my opinion. Nothing special or fun really, just running around in an awkward, obnoxious way. Eventually I just got bored of it and we went outside. Am I the only one? All of my friends/siblings agreed that it was weak. Not really bad, but just kind of the same as every single other Mario game; someone steals your biggest 6-10 stars, you have to go get them. Littler starts help you on the way, but it a long journey into each star's world. Maybe its because I'm not that far into it yet (I just beat the first Bee level), I don't know. I'm just kinda pissed and dissapointed at the same time. So far? 6.5/10.
sarakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 sarakin
Member since 2006 • 1945 Posts

you used week incorrectly

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I don't know what you expect from video games but I got the game today and am blown away by it. It is amazing.
madskillz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 madskillz101
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Hmm, something must be wrong with me, everyone else loves it so much!
Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
best game ive ever played!
jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
Its a great game, but you just have to like it for what it is, and that is a platforming game. Do you like platformers, let alone any Mario games of the past? My girlfriend loves this game and doesn't play much until I got her a Wii and her favorite games have mostly been Mario games....
XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts
My arm gets tired using the Wii remote & collecting all those little stars...
bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts

My arm gets tired using the Wii remote & collecting all those little stars...XFilthX

Co-Op.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
I'd give it a 10/10. My wife and I both love it. I thought the graphics weren't that good when I saw it at Gamespot, but when I saw it on my tv, I thought it looked good. Better than the Gamecube. I'm happy, and this is the best Wii game yet. In fact, it's the only full priced game I have bought since I bought my Wii almost 5 months ago.
thrashunreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thrashunreal
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

I can only see one reason why you wouldn't think it's amazing-- you don't like platformers. And that's cool, so in that sense I could see you being disappointed. But honestly, if you were looking for a different storyline or anything, Mario stays pretty tight within the confines of Bowser making off with Peach. It's all in the gameplay.

But in regards to the story, this one is quite unique as far as Mario games go. I've only gotten 15 stars so far, so I'm not too far in to it. But, so far I would have to give it an agreeable 9.5/10.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts
I like the game its pretty good but it feels like its missing something but what???
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts

Yup, you would say that about a game that is by far the best the system has to offer to date. :?

I personally adore it!

B1kmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 B1kmatt
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts
This is one of the Best games the Wii has to offer and it is awsome.
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
I dunno, I'm getting it tomorrow and I'm really excited :)
wertyui5467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wertyui5467
Member since 2006 • 1138 Posts

No way man this is the game!!!...about a month ago after MP3 disapointed me ever some damn much I was about to sell my wii and get a 360 core...and uhhh I didn't for 2 reasons 1-my mom was being an @$$ so icouldn't and ...2=SMG!! yes this game is awsome the graohics are definatley top noch and the Audio is just as great...(love it on my SS)it's a must buy 10/10!!!

...heres a vid of me oeneing it up!:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wertyui667

...well it's being uploaded now!

Rexatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rexatar
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts
When I bought the game today, I had a bunch of friends over. It started out fine, maybe like a 7-8 on the gamespot score thing in my opinion. Nothing special or fun really, just running around in an awkward, obnoxious way. Eventually I just got bored of it and we went outside. Am I the only one? All of my friends/siblings agreed that it was weak. Not really bad, but just kind of the same as every single other Mario game; someone steals your biggest 6-10 stars, you have to go get them. Littler starts help you on the way, but it a long journey into each star's world. Maybe its because I'm not that far into it yet (I just beat the first Bee level), I don't know. I'm just kinda pissed and dissapointed at the same time. So far? 6.5/10.madskillz101

Just play it some more and I'm sure it will soak in.
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts
At first... I was, but then I loved it. It was GREAT! Its Nice to see just Mario, and not a yellow backpack. However he does not have as many moves... But all in all, the greatest wii game to date.
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts
At first... I was, but then I loved it. It was GREAT! Its Nice to see just Mario, and not a yellow backpack. However he does not have as many moves... But all in all, the greatest wii game to date.
-Zills-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 -Zills-
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

Hmm, something must be wrong with me, everyone else loves it so much!madskillz101

Its not your fault...Your a Buffalo Sabres fan...;)

timoton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 timoton
Member since 2005 • 561 Posts
I only have 3 stars and it's my favorite game so far. (Even above MP3 which I've had for months now)
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts

No way man this is the game!!!...about a month ago after MP3 disapointed me ever some damn much I was about to sell my wii and get a 360 core...and uhhh I didn't for 2 reasons 1-my mom was being an @$$ so icouldn't and ...2=SMG!! yes this game is awsome the graohics are definatley top noch and the Audio is just as great...(love it on my SS)it's a must buy 10/10!!!

wertyui5467

Law states that you need to be the ages of 13+ to be posting on these boards, I think you should seriously take that into account...:P

Nah seriously though..I'm glad you enjoyed Mario Galaxy, but your Youtube video was pretty darn weak...

NateDawg18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NateDawg18
Member since 2004 • 82 Posts

[QUOTE="madskillz101"]Hmm, something must be wrong with me, everyone else loves it so much!-Zills-

Its not your fault...Your a Buffalo Sabres fan...;)

Oilers are in 30th...

GO FLAMES GO!

jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
uhh I loved MP3....and I love this game, what was wrong with MP3? oh well this isn't that topic board. But if you don't like platformers then maybe ya shouldn't have gotten this game...but this is the reason why ppl own a Wii. Great graphics and gameplay....
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
not me, im having a blast on it. i have only 13 stars so far and it's an amazing game. i felt like a little kid again.
Abito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Abito
Member since 2003 • 115 Posts
I'm not disapointed i'm very pleased with this game. Best 50 bucks i spent i even dropped the controller from COD 4 so you know how that is. But you might-of let all this hype get to you. Never believe hype just like it for your self. That why there were a lot of people dispointed with halo since everyone hyped it being the best game in the world but it really isn't....Play it more and I'm sure you'll appericate it. I mean it's different it has that whole little crazy gavaity thing so it's interesting.
DemigodDragid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DemigodDragid
Member since 2004 • 413 Posts
I'll have to disagree with ya, I find this to be the best game out yet for the Wii, that I have played, as well as the best Mario game to come out since Super Mario 64. Sunshine just didn't cut it for me as it didn't feel too much like how 64 did but Galaxy feels just like a sequel to 64 in all ways and of course the Wii controls pull it all together in the end.
spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 spidermonkey11
Member since 2007 • 1716 Posts
I only had a short time today to play but it was pretty sweet to me. I love everything about this game. Controls were easy to get used to and graphics are beautiful. All I have to say is I was having FUN!
wertyui5467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wertyui5467
[QUOTE="wertyui5467"]

-CheeseEater-

Law states that you need to be the ages of 13+ to be posting on these boards, I think you should seriously take that into account...:P

Nah seriously though..I'm glad you enjoyed Mario Galaxy, but your Youtube video was pretty darn weak...

...I am 13...my voise sounds really wiered when reorded...ya my vid did suck...oh well...

angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
You sir hate good games.
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Depends if you're style of games are "extreme violence, online gameplay, and a lot of guns"

I have a friend who only play games with people, he hates playing single player... AT ANY GAMES!

I think i would LOVE SMG... if i was 15 and had 10 hours of free times per day...

But i dont have that time, i'm probably going to buy it still!... but i'M sure it aint going to be my favorite game of all time....

Online would have been sweet!!!

T_Largo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 T_Largo
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

Its funny, because before I played it I actually was expecting it be EXACTLY as you feel about it now.

Good thing I was wrong.

It's hands down the best Wii game to date, by a long shot.

duck64x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 duck64x
Member since 2005 • 160 Posts

Its best game out right now for the wii right now!!!!!!!!!!

wertyui5467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wertyui5467

duck64x

I'm not asuming anything but if you think that brawl will be better than galaxy then your wrong!!! brawl has only 3 positives: snake...snake and wifi...nuthin else it's still the same old recycled crap!!

thrashunreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thrashunreal
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
[QUOTE="duck64x"]

wertyui5467

I'm not asuming anything but if you think that brawl will be better than galaxy then your wrong!!! brawl has only 3 positives: snake...snake and wifi...nuthin else it's still the same old recycled crap!!

He uh... didn't say anything about Brawl... are you referring to his avatar? I can't tell if that's Roy but it kinda looks like him... and he has his own games.

Besides Sonic > Snake.

awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"][QUOTE="wertyui5467"]

wertyui5467

...I am 13...my voise sounds really wiered when reorded...ya my vid did suck...oh well...

wow kid , don't lie about your age. Your 5 or something. and you cant spell.

JDUB_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36 JDUB_x
Member since 2003 • 2828 Posts
Heck no
Nova_Mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 Nova_Mongoose
Member since 2004 • 2261 Posts
I got it yesterday and can't say I'm disappointed. Definitely a must-have game and the best platformer ever.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
you're the only one. congrats, you're "different"
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
Disappointed? Are you serious? I think it's absolutely brilliant.
Sumotaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sumotaii
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

People make judgements today on games like they been out for years. The game just hit most stores TODAY. This goes for any game on see on any system these days, its like people play for 1 hour and are like oh man 4.5 out of 10. Is todays youth all full of ADD? I spent (not everyday) but like years to beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out. You people make me laugh at your anger towards games today. Judge to much based on websites and someone else's oppinion.

Mario today and Contra 4 tommorow. Heck and Crysis for the PC. I'm happy enough.

Heck StarCraft 2 and Street Fighter 4 both announced this year. What is wrong with you people, gamer's never complained like this when i was younger, wah wah wah. Is it the Emo there putting in your music?

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

Is it the Emo there putting in your music?

Sumotaii

could be, a person in my a&p class was talking about her son listening to screamo (a mix of screaming and emo) I just shook my head and said i'm sorry.

ele975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 ele975
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts

I don't know how old you are, but if it was the first Mario game you've played, then it is no wonder. Because if you weren't there when ?Shiguru? started the whole mario games, then i doubt you would've liked SMG. I haven't bought the game yet, but i'm sure i will love it. But we all have our own tastes is game so.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#43 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

I'm not disappointed at all, it's my favorite Wii game to date, even over MP 3 which I thought was awesome.

Xelioth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xelioth1
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

it plays like any other mario game out there to me, just with about 50,000,000 new twists added :Pthe gravity stuff makes it an entirely new experience from any other mario games. sure, it's still the same sort of gameplay, but pretty much all platformers are the same at their core, it's just how you implement the mechanics. in galaxy, they're implemented extremely well.

perhaps you've just grown out of your taste for platformers. try finding another platformer game to see if you like it, maybe.

Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

It's a platformer, you jump on platforms. What else did you want? A giant Donald Trump head saying "you're a loser!" every time you die? Chainsaw hands? More cowbell?

I'd understand if you don't like platformers but you knew this game was a platformer before you played it so that excuse is moot.