Sunday launch, huh?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zepfya
Member since 2003 • 1209 Posts

How will the system be delivered to those who preorder online, if the system launches on a Sunday?

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Usually American consoles are released on a Tuesday, this Sunday launch is very strange.... I guess you will get it Monday, I dunno.

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zepfya
Makes no sense, no idea what the point of a Sunday launch is these days, most people buy stuff online now.
ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

Doesn't Nintendo always release new games/systems on Sunday? I guess if you order online you won't be getting it unitl Monday (If you select overnight shipping).

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Usually American consoles are released on a Tuesday, this Sunday launch is very strange.... I guess you will get it Monday, I dunno.

AHUGECAT

It's not strange at all

Nintendo is a company for children and casuals, children have school and need their parents to bring them to the store and casuals wont miss work for a console.

All their releases are on a Sunday so that their main demographic (children and casuals) can get them.

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

I'm sure if you get to a store like Best Buy when they open, you'll snag one. These will sellout on release day, but it will take a few hours.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I'm sure if you get to a store like Best Buy when they open, you'll snag one. These will sellout on release day, but it will take a few hours.

ZamboniGamer
You can preorder at bestbuy now online and do instore pickup.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

ZamboniGamer

Considering most Best Buy stores are already sold out of preorders there's going to be little chance of anyone getting one if they're not there when the store opens.

zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zepfya
i orderr everything on amazon or gamestop.com, I think it's a huge mistake to release it on a Sunday and punish online customers.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AutoPilotOn
Amazon is not going to sale wiiu systems at all
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I'm going to grab mine from the Store Sunday Morning, go to church, come back home and have the time of my life
zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zepfya
Well I ordered from bestbuy.com instead and will just pick it up on Sunday. Thanks.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Nintendo almost always makes all big game releases on Sundays, all hardware releases on Sundays too.

Welcome to 15 years ago (maybe 20 years ago)

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bonesawisready5

i orderr everything on amazon or gamestop.com, I think it's a huge mistake to release it on a Sunday and punish online customers.zepfya

As Louis CK says, this is a "first world" problem.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I'm going to grab mine from the Store Sunday Morning, go to church, come back home and have the time of my lifenini200

High five fellow church goer. Picking mine up right after church Sunday morning.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"]I'm going to grab mine from the Store Sunday Morning, go to church, come back home and have the time of my lifeEuaggelistes

High five fellow church goer. Picking mine up right after church Sunday morning.

Double high five fellow church goers! We have three different service times so I'm going to go to whichever I can depending on when GS opens up :P

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Amazon is not going to sale wiiu systems at allAutoPilotOn
I hear they're not currently selling the 3DS either. Very strange, but I assume that whatever is going on will be cleared up before launch.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]Amazon is not going to sale wiiu systems at allmeetroid8
I hear they're not currently selling the 3DS either. Very strange, but I assume that whatever is going on will be cleared up before launch.

The no longer sale the 3ds and they never had the xl. Something is up with them and nintendo
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AutoPilotOn

The no longer sale the 3ds and they never had the xl. Something is up with them and nintendo
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

Nintendo and Amazon had a fight over the 3DS and since then Amazon doesn't carry Nintendo hardware and wont.

Nintendo screwed Amazon over and in turn Amazon's not taking any more chances with Nintendo selling defective hardware.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]Amazon is not going to sale wiiu systems at allJaysonguy

Nintendo and Amazon had a fight over the 3DS and since then Amazon doesn't carry Nintendo hardware and wont.

Nintendo screwed Amazon over and in turn Amazon's not taking any more chances with Nintendo selling defective hardware.

Do know any of the details? I'm very curious to hear more.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] I hear they're not currently selling the 3DS either. Very strange, but I assume that whatever is going on will be cleared up before launch. meetroid8

No, each company is very hush hush.

The most either showedpublicly was Amazon. When all this happened when you went to any 3DS page on Amazon it said in big red letters "THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH THIS HARDWARE AND WE ARE NOT CARRYING IT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" or something along those lines.

That's the last heardpublicly from either one on the issue.

Kewin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kewin86
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

The most either showedpublicly was Amazon. When all this happened when you went to any 3DS page on Amazon it said in big red letters "THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH THIS HARDWARE AND WE ARE NOT CARRYING IT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" or something along those lines.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/3ds-xl-amazon.452616918/#post-465007728 info on what happen is there

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] Do know any of the details? I'm very curious to hear more.Kewin86

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/3ds-xl-amazon.452616918/#post-465007728 info on what happen is there

A lot of that is guesswork though, I'm guessing spot on though. The only thing we're sure of is the 3DS problem, thats the only problem either side has ever admitted a problem with.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#25 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

its the lords day to , man im missing church what do you mean amazon aint carrying any more nintendo hardware , i was just looking for super nintendos the other day since mine crapped out and they have them , dont lie

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bonesawisready5

its the lords day to , man im missing church what do you mean amazon aint carrying any more nintendo hardware , i was just looking for super nintendos the other day since mine crapped out and they have them , dont lie

mariokart64fan

It's been well publicized that Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware themselves anymore.

You're referring to third party sellers that Amazon lists, but Amazon itself doesn't actually sell them.

And no one has to miss anything on the Sunday since most people will pick up their pre-ordered unit at Midnight the night before on the 17th (or 18th at 12:01am)

Nintendo released the 3DS, DSi, Wii, DS, GameCube on Sundays so you should expect it in the future.

g00dw0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 g00dw0rk
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
after i give god a shout of praise ill be getting one of those, the black one, god bless nintendo
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

It's not strange at all

Nintendo is a company for children and casuals,

Jaysonguy

don't you have a wii?

so what are you a child or a casual?

also...btw... are you getting a wiiU this year?