This topic is locked from further discussion.

CasioTeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CasioTeck
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

http://dlb-network.com/2008/11/ps3mote-update-see-it-in-action/#more-2694

whoa 

Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts

Shouldn't this be in the general games thread? Anyway

There have been rumors for a long time for both the ps3, and 360 to have a "wiimote." I'm sure it will happen because of the mass market appeal of the wii, but i question the credibility of the source. I have never heard of this site before...

Lub1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lub1
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
well, just watch the video's. Kinda proves it's real and pretty awesome.
wiisham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wiisham
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

looking at it again, there does seem to be limitations which werent obvioust at 1st. its basically a 1:1 wiimote and nothing else

if you consider most wii games, there is a definite need for the nunchuk controller to increase the number of control options. the use of the analogue stick is crucial too.

the wiimote or ps3mote on its own would be pretty limited given that most games on ps3 will make use of all the buttons on the ps3 controller. unless they slap like 6 buttons on the ps3mote and you get 2 (one for each hand obviously) but I would think that would be overkill.

its clear nintendo put a LOT of thought into their control scheme and the number of Wii sales shows its success. its intuitive but it can also cater for more serious titles like FPSs etc Sony would really need to go back to the drawing board with their control scheme to make use of the ps3mote effectively. A very very costly exercise at this stage.

but im getting ahead of myself, its just a prototype to demonstrate the technology is availabe

Lub1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lub1
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
yah, all of the PS3 buttons wouldn't do good on a ps3-mote. But the initial presicion and movement seems impressive. Now 's the question:how do you make this into a perfectly balanced controller that fits multyple genres of games. The wii-mote is the perfect 1st step, now developers can try to improve if they have the cash to do so.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts
You've gotta be ****ing kidding.
sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
It is inevitable that Sony and Microsoft are researching motion controls. It is a totally new and revolutionary way of gaming, and it will be the standard from now on. Maybe one of them may release a true motion controller for this generation consoles, or maybe even a third party developer will. But there is one thing that on which they will never beat Nintendo: they were the first.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
This belongs in either the General Games Discussion forum or the System Wars forum, since it deals more with the PS3 than the Wii.