[SOLVED] My Wiimote isnt responding

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

I've had this Wii since Jan.07 and everything has been working fine, until this morning. I am suppose to pick up DKC:R today as well which makes things for me a lot worst. Ok, let me get to the point.

I turn on my wii with my wiimote, so obviously they are both synced. Sensor bar is connected and the wii menu finally loads but I cant navigate the menu because the wiimote doesnt want to work. The plus and minus button work allowing me to slide the "pages" on the wii menu and the HOME button works. The lights are on in the wiimote but for some reason, the pointer isnt showing up on the screen.

I've unplugged the console, re-synced, and still the problem continues to occur. Any suggestions?

Knight-Owl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Knight-Owl
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

Have you tried using a different Wii Remote or changed the batteries lately? Or maybe try cleaning off the sensor bar or the sensor on the Wii Remote?

You could also try calling Nintendo, I'm sure they'd be able to help you more then anyone on Gamespot can :P

Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fuhgeddabouditt

Have you tried using a different Wii Remote or changed the batteries lately? Or maybe try cleaning off the sensor bar or the sensor on the Wii Remote?

You could also try calling Nintendo, I'm sure they'd be able to help you more then anyone on Gamespot can :P

Knight-Owl

I dont have another wii-mote and the batt. are fine. The lights come on. The sensor is cleaned and connected. Also, I wont call Nintendo just yet.

EDIT: PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED.

Immortal--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Immortal--
Member since 2010 • 1415 Posts
Out of curiosity, what was the problem ? :P
psplvr4life360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psplvr4life360
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

I would go with Knight Owl. I am gonna say it's the wii mote itself. I would recommend trying a different wii mote and seeing if it works. If it does, then it's definitely the wii mote.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Out of curiosity, what was the problem ? :PImmortal--
i want to know too
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fuhgeddabouditt

Out of curiosity, what was the problem ? :PImmortal--
all i did was remove one of the batteries,put it back in and it worked:)the problem was that the sensorbar wouldnt pick up the wiimote.

SusanLarkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SusanLarkin
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
my wiimote with normal batteries in keeps unsyncing itself.i have changed the batteries multiple time but it doesnt make a differenc