So now that we know about SSBB controls...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts

I think im going to use the wiimote-nunchuck, and maybe the GC controller, depends on how they are. I just hope that the wiimote-nunchuck control scheme does not have motion control, i am sure that the sideways wiimote does. Which one will u use?

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
GC and probably the sideways controller.
wiination27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 wiination27
Member since 2007 • 1741 Posts
idk i think that the 4 different control schemes could be a disaster.. i mean look at all the more buttons on the gc controller than the wimote
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts

I think I would like to use the wiimote/nunchuck, but I'll use the one that I am best at.

alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts

I bet the Wii Remote turned sideways will require motion similar to Super Paper Mario and Sonic, but I will use the GCN controller, (gotta go buy them now) because of the easy smashes from the C-Stick.

With this update, I see the potential for 8 player action if 4 use the GC and 4 use the Wii Remote/Nunchuck/CC, but website clearly states 1-4 players.

MikousMaximous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MikousMaximous
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

The standard is being set. Multi-controls means variety. For those who embrace change will have there wii-mote/nunchuck and those who want classic smash, are able to weild gc/classic controller. Its innovation not intimidation when its come to Nintendo.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts
Im sticking with the GC controller but I'll give the others a try
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
I'm more interested in Wiimote only and W+N.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
I imagine that I will try the other control methods, but unless they release a rumble nunchuk, I'll likely stick with the GC version.
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

Even the dev says GC is the best choice. I'd have to agree fully. For smash... you really need precise and accurate buttons with an easy to use layout. None of them offer this except GC controller IMO.

**EDIT**
Thats not to say i won't try the new methods. The more the merrier. I'm sure htey will be interesting, but for real playing where i care how well i do, its going to be GC controller.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wintry_Flutist

Even the dev says GC is the best choice. I'd have to agree fully. For smash... you really need precise and accurate buttons with an easy to use layout. None of them offer this except GC controller IMO. Goten_king

You can't be that sure.

-Dionysus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Dionysus-
Member since 2006 • 1276 Posts
I'm just curious if people can use multiple control methods at once. If I use the GC and my buddy uses classic and then my other friend uses the wiimote will it all function properly. I would assume as much I guess.
chip_money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chip_money
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts

we don't know about them...

just what we can use. I'll wait to find out how they work before deciding. 

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

[QUOTE="Goten_king"]Even the dev says GC is the best choice. I'd have to agree fully. For smash... you really need precise and accurate buttons with an easy to use layout. None of them offer this except GC controller IMO. Wintry_Flutist

You can't be that sure.

I'm just saying, from holding teh CC, the analog and button layout isn't the best. GC > CC. For the sideways wiimote, its going to rely on motion controlls. While i'm sure htey will be better than most anyone elses, theres still always room for error. Wiimote and Nunchuck, that would probably be closed to GC controller, but the confort for me just isnt there. Like i said, i will try them all, but for now i'm really thinking the GC will be my favorite choice.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZebethOrZebes

I'm just curious if people can use multiple control methods at once. If I use the GC and my buddy uses classic and then my other friend uses the wiimote will it all function properly. I would assume as much I guess.-Dionysus-
If Virtual Console games and Mortal Kombat can manage multiple control types simultaneously, then I can GUARANTEE that Smash Bros. will be capable of the same.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
GC, its the only way to be competitive...
Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
there are some advanced techniques that will be much harder and some even impossible without the GC controller
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wintry_Flutist

there are some advanced techniques that will be much harder and some even impossible without the GC controllerLeopold_Stotch

Like?

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
there are some advanced techniques that will be much harder and some even impossible without the GC controllerLeopold_Stotch
Yeah, I dont know how its going to work with a single Wiimote?
mjgballin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mjgballin
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts
Ill use W+N because even though i am really good with the GCN controller, i want to try different methods to enjoy my game.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wintry_Flutist

[QUOTE="Leopold_Stotch"]there are some advanced techniques that will be much harder and some even impossible without the GC controllerice_radon

Probably something along those lines:

chip_money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chip_money
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts

GC, its the only way to be competitive... ice_radon

where did you get to play it? 

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts
Why so many votes for the GC controller? That's not exactly moving on, kinda like playing the new RE4 with the classic controller = pointless Wii-mote's why I bought my in the first place...............Well I think anyway.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wintry_Flutist

Why so many votes for the GC controller? That's not exactly moving on, kinda like playing the new RE4 with the classic = pointless Wii-mote's why I bought my in the first place...............Well I think anyway.KingKoop

There's something that makes them think that Brawl is Melee 1.2 and nothing else.

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts

[QUOTE="KingKoop"]Why so many votes for the GC controller? That's not exactly moving on, kinda like playing the new RE4 with the classic = pointless Wii-mote's why I bought my in the first place...............Well I think anyway.Wintry_Flutist

There's something that makes them think that Brawl is Melee 1.2 and nothing else.

Yep, I agree, I'm boycotting... no banning anyone in my house from using a GC controller whilst playing Brawl, I can see the "Your using a different controller" excuse coming up quite a lot :?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ead18461c800
deactivated-5ead18461c800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ead18461c800
Member since 2007 • 478 Posts

[QUOTE="Goten_king"]Even the dev says GC is the best choice. I'd have to agree fully. For smash... you really need precise and accurate buttons with an easy to use layout. None of them offer this except GC controller IMO. Wintry_Flutist

You can't be that sure.

[QUOTE="ice_radon"][QUOTE="Leopold_Stotch"]there are some advanced techniques that will be much harder and some even impossible without the GC controllerWintry_Flutist

Probably something along those lines:

I really hope you didn't waste time making that illustration. What exactly does "Wii Remote (turned on its side)" mean to you?

SkaterM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SkaterM80
Member since 2006 • 825 Posts

I'll probobly use the GCN controller, but I will still try all the others.

Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts

[QUOTE="Leopold_Stotch"]there are some advanced techniques that will be much harder and some even impossible without the GC controllerWintry_Flutist

Like?

no pressure sensitive L and R means less control for light and hard shield.  this gives less control when L-cancelling and teching/air dodging/wavedashing.  no C-stick means less control during aerials.  it causes more accidental fast falls and 2nd jumps.  it also messes up DI and makes ASDI impossible most likely.  if you are clueless and want to start to learn how to play then here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6268917341431368191
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="Leopold_Stotch"]there are some advanced techniques that will be much harder and some even impossible without the GC controllerLeopold_Stotch

Like?

no pressure sensitive L and R means less control for light and hard shield.  this gives less control when L-cancelling and teching/air dodging/wavedashing.  no C-stick means less control during aerials.  it causes more accidental fast falls and 2nd jumps.  it also messes up DI and makes ASDI impossible most likely.  if you are clueless and want to start to learn how to play then here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6268917341431368191

The thing is, you're assuming SSBB will play exactly like SSBM. Those examples are secondary gameplay elements that may have been removed, adapted or replaced. If at some point the devs decided to support so many control schemes, they had to consider how to adapt gameplay to make it work with all controls with minimal handicaps. At least, that's what any reasonable dev would do.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I just hope they're all even control schemes, I wouldn't want GC controllers to be a top tier item.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZebethOrZebes

They should have just made it VC and GC controller alone for dual-analog Smash Bros. and the pressure-sensitive triggers. It seems like the Wii remote and Nunchuk are going to water down this game a little bit, and that's unfortunate.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wintry_Flutist

They should have just made it VC and GC controller alone for dual-analog Smash Bros. and the pressure-sensitive triggers. It seems like the Wii remote and Nunchuk are going to water down this game a little bit, and that's unfortunate.

ZebethOrZebes

Why are people suddenly acting as if SSB relies on pressure sensitive triggers...

nely_nelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nely_nelson
Member since 2005 • 1193 Posts
try them all and whatever is best i will use.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ZebethOrZebes
Because it does. There are two kinds of blocks, plus combat rolls and air dodges. To me, however, the most important thing is the second analog stick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5ead18461c800

Because it does. There are two kinds of blocks, plus combat rolls and air dodges. To me, however, the most important thing is the second analog stick.ZebethOrZebes

Stop being such a hater, accept the fact that the Wii controls will use motion and they will be superior to the GC controls. It's already confirmed.

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZebethOrZebes
Dammit Shado, it's like you want people to hate you.

Must I quote the Smash Bros. site that this entire thread is based on, just to put you out of your misery?

"I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble."
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wintry_Flutist

Because it does. There are two kinds of blocks, plus combat rolls and air dodges. To me, however, the most important thing is the second analog stick.ZebethOrZebes

It's not like this is part of the core SSB experience. This can easily be adapted or replaced with other stuff that can be strategically used in battle and is better suited to motion - or better, that is better suited to a multi control scheme gameplay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ead18461c800

Dammit Shado, it's like you want people to hate you.

Must I quote the Smash Bros. site that this entire thread is based on, just to put you out of your misery?

"I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble."ZebethOrZebes

Dude it was sarcasm. I've been arguing the same claims as you since yesterday, and have been repeatedly attacked. Luckily, I think I'm finally done now...

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ZebethOrZebes

I would not object to them implementing the advanced techniques in the other control schemes to keep it balanced, I just don't want them to remove the advanced techniques from the GC controller to keep it balanced. That's all I'm saying, I don't think that's an objectionable desire.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Amigos! Use the sticky, por favor! Gracias!