so is Heroes of Ruin?..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ecolon62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ecolon62
Member since 2009 • 114 Posts

Is it like fable? or like runescape? it looks pretty good, but i dont want it if plays an MMO. if its like fable but at a different angle then its fine, but other wise, its not for me.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

From what I've heard it's like Diablo. You can play in single player (explore dungeons, kill enemies, gain loot, etc) but you have the option of playing online co-op.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

From what i've seen it looks to be pretty cool and you can voice chat with people over online which is pretty cool.

ecolon62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ecolon62
Member since 2009 • 114 Posts

ive never played Diablo. Is it like elder scrolls?

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

ecolon62

Think of it as a single player Runescape where you can play with 3 other people if you wish to do so. Also, the combat isn't automated/turn-based.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="ecolon62"]

nintendoman562

Think of it as a single player Runescape where you can play with 3 other people if you wish to do so. Also, the combat isn't automated/turn-based.

Diablo 2 is playing with 8 people, you get gear, kill monsters, and has a PVP aspect also.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Comparable games include: Diablo Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance Champions of Norrath Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Borderlands is comparable to a lesser extent, except that Heroes is set in a more typical fantasy world and from a top down viewpoint.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Being a Nintndo nerd who does not play a ton of games on other platforms, I am not familiar with any of the games mentioned so far. Heroes of Ruin looks exciting to me because from what I have seen so far it reminds me of Gauntlet (which I loved). Is it going to be anything like Gauntlet (from a gameplay perspective at least)?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Being a Nintndo nerd who does not play a ton of games on other platforms, I am not familiar with any of the games mentioned so far. Heroes of Ruin looks exciting to me because from what I have seen so far it reminds me of Gauntlet (which I loved). Is it going to be anything like Gauntlet (from a gameplay perspective at least)?

Euaggelistes

When I saw it the first thing I thought of was Gauntlet.

I think it is similar to Gauntlet.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

On a base level, yes... sort of. Gauntlet is pretty standard hack and slash. Heroes(along with all the games I listed above) is more focused on looting. That is to say killing enemies, completing quests, or buying from shops in order to obtain better gear(weapons, armor, etc) to make your character(s) better able to take on the tougher enemies. Basically, merge the core gameplay of Gauntlet with just about any conventional RPG and you'll get some idea of what an action-RPG(like Heroes or any of the other games I listed) is.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El_Zo1212o
By the bye, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was also available on Gamecube. If you have one(or a Wii), I strongly suggest you do the legwork and track down a copy of the game. Superb game.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

El_Zo1212o

On a base level, yes... sort of. Gauntlet is pretty standard hack and slash. Heroes(along with all the games I listed above) is more focused on looting. That is to say killing enemies, completing quests, or buying from shops in order to obtain better gear(weapons, armor, etc) to make your character(s) better able to take on the tougher enemies. Basically, merge the core gameplay of Gauntlet with just about any conventional RPG and you'll get some idea of what an action-RPG(like Heroes or any of the other games I listed) is.

Sounds awesome then.

bootrick2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bootrick2010
Member since 2010 • 328 Posts

speaking as someone who spent alot of his childhood playing guantlet I can say if you want this to be like guantlet it wont be this is a rpg with quest, lvling , and more aside from the new guantlets the origiinal did not have lvling.

alpha_bean11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alpha_bean11
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

I think it looks like it is going to be a good game. I am excited for the voice chat!

http://www.facebook.com/ZionsBank?sk=app_107727025983833&app_data=%7B%22mid%22%3A3439%7D Like zions bank and then vote my video 5 stars.