This topic is locked from further discussion.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
how many gba games can the ds play does it have full backwards support or limited ?
Roxas_Teme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Roxas_Teme
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think its fullbackward.
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts

how many gba games can the ds play does it have full backwards support or limited ?white45e

Fully backwards compatible and can play imported DS games without modding.

Dark_Eagle80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dark_Eagle80
Member since 2005 • 3517 Posts

You can play all the GBA games except for those that require the GBA eReader from my understanding.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
im guessing that w/e nintendos next handout that comes out will be able to play all my ds and gba games right ?
Dark_Eagle80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dark_Eagle80
Member since 2005 • 3517 Posts

im guessing that w/e nintendos next handout that comes out will be able to play all my ds and gba games right ?white45e

That may not be true. Keep in mind...the DS doesn't allow gamers to play the old Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, so the next new handheld may not support the GBA and/or DS games.

thorboy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 thorboy03
Member since 2004 • 2037 Posts

[QUOTE="white45e"]im guessing that w/e nintendos next handout that comes out will be able to play all my ds and gba games right ?Dark_Eagle80

That may not be true. Keep in mind...the DS doesn't allow gamers to play the old Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, so the next new handheld may not support the GBA and/or DS games.

Yep. It'sa possibilitythat Nintendo's next handheld won't even have a touch/dual screen. Also, such a device isn't likely to release for several years. I suggest grabbing a DS Lite now! :D

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="white45e"]im guessing that w/e nintendos next handout that comes out will be able to play all my ds and gba games right ?Dark_Eagle80

Well it will support the DS games, 100% sure of that.

GBA games? Maybe maybe not, I'm guessing no.

Right now the DSLite supports all GBA games except like another poster said the Ereader.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts
I just traded up from my old SP (with the old-school screen)to a DS Lite, and you won't believe how much better your GBA library looks and plays on a DS Lite... and then there's all the great DS titles you can play!!! Nintendo didn't create the DS to take the place of the GBA, but you won't miss a thng by getting a DS in place of your old GBA hardware. Hell, one of the reasons I finally changed over was to play my "Doom", "Doom II", and other GBA titles on the brighter screen... but I've found the size and other stuff much nicer than the GBA.
pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

The DS has a brighter screen than the GBA SP plus you can play your GBA games on either the top or bottom screen.