Should the next zelda and mario games for wii have voice acting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gary_safc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 gary_safc
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
now ever since mario and zelda was create over 20 years ago its never had voice acting... i think its about time nintendo make the games we all love better by adding voice actors that talk through the game instead of just reading scripts... it would be great to hear the voices of link and mario while playing the games. it would propably make the gaming experence more entertaining and much more fun .
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34778 Posts
Not sure about Mario, but I don't have anything against voice actors for Zelda games. Link and Mario should never talk, though.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

Zelda should have Voice acting and orchestrated music

Mario really dosent need any improvment since smg is almost flawless.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No x 10

It would destroy everything.

New Coke > Talking characters

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Zelda characters shouldn't talk. I find it better the way it is, so you imagine the character's voice the way you like.
_Devastator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Devastator
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
Why is this such an important topic? The answer is no. What would voice acting accomplish? It's bad enough, we are so lazy playing the games all of the time. Are you expecting the games to do the reading too? :)
Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts
Yes. not the main characters, but the other characters in the game like zelda, and peach. maybe link but not very much. mario shouldn't talk at all
EDIT: i really hate reading text. and have voice acting would make the game better just simply because they actuallytalk for once! and we don't have to hear stupid grunts and noises from the characters.
i think people in here are always in favour of the same thing over and over again. they oppose change.
WPBBALLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WPBBALLER
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts
the zelda series definately imo should do what the last metroid did, have everyone around the main character talk besides the main character. in super mario galaxy it would have been nice if rosalina had voice acting because shes the only one that talks for a real long time, mario games are good with the little funny voice acting it has. after playing loztp, i got so sick of reading all the texts for the characters
onesimos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 onesimos
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts

In Super Mario Galaxy, the most voice acting in the game was not by Rosalina, but by Peach as found in her letter to Mario at the begining of the game. The longest line Rosalina said in the game was when she told Mario to go into Peach's Castle at the end of the game.

For anyone who is aware, the voice for Peach in Galaxy is done by a different voice actress according to the ending credits. Jen Taylor, Nicole Mills, or Nintendo of America's localization manager Leslie Swan did not provide her voice. Who provided Peach's voice is yet unknown.

lawman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 lawman86
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
I think if it was done right, voice acting could be really cool with either title. Thats a big IF though.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
In Zelda, every character should talk except Link. Yes, Mario should have voice acting.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
can you imagine a constantly talking Mario or anyone from the mushroom kingdom? *shivers at the thought of wario and waluigi* Samus, Link, and Mario should never talk...
magicfreak23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 magicfreak23
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Yes, definitely.

I don't care what the tradition of the series is. Games coming out in this time period should have voice acting; it's just a matter of game quality. Every high profile game on Xbox 360 has great voice acting, and it adds a LOT to each and every game that it's done well in. A game on Xbox 360 would NEVER be tolerated without voice acting, I don't see why a Wii game should either. (And don't try to pull the "omgz well Wii doesn't have as good graphics so it doesn't need good sound either!", that's rediculous. The Wii's hardware doesn't limit it's sound capabilities...)

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts
Sunshine had voice acting... I want voice acting but not for Link and Mario. Mario's voice was bad enough in Galaxy.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I think both games could live without voice acting, especially Mario since it isnt a very story driven game. Zelda could go either way, however it would putNintendounder a tremendous amount of pressure to find quality actors. Metroid worked out well, but I think fans would have been far more forgiving ofgetting voice acting that they did not expect inthat series. With Zelda if it isnt perfect all you will hear is complaint after complaint.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
I'snt this question like asked every so often? and thats a big HELL NO!! Voice acting is just for the lazy people who choose not to read.
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

I don't like the idea for Zelda, but for a different reason than most people. You know at the begining of a Zelda game how you enter your name (or any name) for the save file and then that is the name that your character is given? Well I like that. It's still cool to see characters using your name as the "hero of time" or whatever. If there was voice acting that wouldn't be possible.

Mario is also fine without.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

SMG had voice acting for some lines, but since there isn't much text in Mario games not having full voice acting is fine. Now with Zelda I don't care about voice acting at all to tell you truth, but if it has to be done they should do it the way retro did with Metroid, make everyone talk and let Samus be silent, or in this case Link.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
I have to say no to both. I could maybe see it happening in Mario games, but Zelda, never.
LiteMayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LiteMayo
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

i myself would love to see it added in the zelda series.

adds cinematic power, coupled with orchestrated music, and you have a truly epic experience.

i would like zelda to be more cinematic and narritively dynamic moving foward, for instance oblivion-esque in quality scope, so i would be in favor of adding voice acting to accomplish the task of creating a real living world, atleast through NPCs.

I would agree that Link needs to be silent, and yes, perhaps he should just be called "Link" with no more name-entering.

after twilight princess which felt very familiar, and i consider it to be the crux of traditional 3d zelda design, i would love for the zelda series to evolve into a vastly more mature, dramatic, real, and cinematic world.

the first step, is voice acting.

mario, however... no

Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
Definately not the zelda games but i wouldnt mind the mario games. Link has been known as the "silent hero" and it should be kept that way as i am a big fan of the zelda games. As for mario they already have some voice acting so i wouldnt be dissapointed to c that in the next mario game (hopefully on the wii)
DreganMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DreganMK
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
YES PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
Zelda should IMO have voice acting. However not Link.
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
well i dont think they will be another Mario game on the Wii, hopfully there will be another Zelda though. I think they should have voice acting, not so much in Mario but definitly in Zelda. However Mario and Link shouldnt talk, the same way they have always been mutes.
gary_safc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gary_safc
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
thanks for the comments.. so alot of u think no... well it was worth the try lol
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
I like what they did with the MP3 voice acting and I really thought it added to the experience. I could definately see them doing something similar with the Zelda games, but not the Mario ones. There are not enough characters to talk to in Mario games, so I think it would just be weird. I do think Zelda games could pull it off well though as long as they get good voice actors and dialogue.
bball_playa010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 bball_playa010
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts
yes especially zelda.
Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

I like what they did with the MP3 voice acting and I really thought it added to the experience. I could definately see them doing something similar with the Zelda games, but not the Mario ones. There are not enough characters to talk to in Mario games, so I think it would just be weird. I do think Zelda games could pull it off well though as long as they get good voice actors and dialogue.AdRock92
Good voice acting couldn't hurt.

People that claim that voice acting is for lazy people obviously haven't heard good voice acting. Why not make all sounds mute and make it so you have to read the sounds like BAM! BOOM! CLANG! like that old Batman TV show.

If you're using Zelda to expand your vocabulary you probably should take a break and read a book that requires more than a third grade reading level.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
I don't mind voice acting. However, Link should stay mute.