Should I get ds now or wait till dsi comes???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for v1nc3_15_c4rt3r
v1nc3_15_c4rt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 v1nc3_15_c4rt3r
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

NEED HELP!!!! I need some advice bout the ds...should I wait till next year for dsi??Which ds is better?? Thx for the advice...

can't wait 2 play Dragon Quest....

Melee_Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Melee_Penguin
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

If you don't have any sort of DS at the moment, then there's no reason you couldn't wait for the DSi to make your purchase.

If you have the DS or the DS Lite and enjoy playing video games then just keep it.

The DSi is the "Multimedia DS" that most handheld gamers don't really care about.

Firefly00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Firefly00
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

If you have an original DS but fancy an upgrade then probably waiting would be better. However, if you don't have any kind of DS then I'd personally just buy one now. In fact I'd probably buy one regardless. The DSi doesn't really look overly worth the wait if you are eager to get playing now. Yes, the DSi offers a few more tweaks to the DS Lite but ultimately it's just a fancier version (in my opinion), if you want your DS purely for gaming then just buy one now. If you'd prefer access to your music and other media on your DS, then wait. Simple really.

Um_Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Um_Wut
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

dood, i just got my DS like two months agos, and im still hyped for the dsi. Get the ds now, and if you want the dsi when it come out sell the ds you just bought and put the fundage towards the dsi. The DS is an awesome investment.

monkey_spak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 monkey_spak
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
Yes yes And 20 more yes's!
Hanzo175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hanzo175
Member since 2008 • 1225 Posts
The Nintendo DSi isn't coming out until after April of '09 in North America, So I'd get a DS or DS lite in the mean time.
Ishboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ishboy12
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

The Nintendo DSi isn't coming out until after April of '09 in North America, So I'd get a DS or DS lite in the mean time.Hanzo175

I don't remember Nintendo saying it would come to North America in April... Last I heard Phils-Aime said it would come "well into" 2009 for North America and be out in Spring for Europe.

I would probably hold off on buying a lite until we hear more about the online service the new DS will have and what kinds of games will make use of the larger screens and whatnot. It's really your choice though, If you really want one before next year then go for it.

GearHead3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 GearHead3000
Member since 2006 • 3600 Posts
Yes, the DSi will not be coming here until probably far into 2009. Probably around this time next year. I have a DS Phat, and picking up a DS Lite in the next week, because I just can't stand staring at this dull screen anymore. Plus, just sell the system back to Gamestop when the DSi comes out.
frostybro24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 frostybro24
Member since 2008 • 290 Posts
get it now
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I would wait. The SD features mean you can download games onto the dsi, right? That is a very good feature.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

The DSi won't come out for almost a year. So I'd just get a DS now.

Just get a used one for cheap. And play that until the DSi comes out.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

ds lite now or wait for DSi?

i would definately buy the DS lite now and forget about the DSi, its best feature is being a little thinner than ds lite so skroo waiting a year for it.

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
the new ds does not have a GBA port. so if you like playing or own any gba games imho it would be better to get the nds available now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
There's really no reason to buy a DS so late into its life now. If you really want one, you might as well wait for the DSi, since Nintendo will inevitibley cease support for the Lite once it comes out, and it will have extra perks as well. Buy any olderDS games that look interesting to you now, though, that way you don't have to search endlessly for them a year from now.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

ds lite now or wait for DSi?

i would definately buy the DS lite now and forget about the DSi, its best feature is being a little thinner than ds lite so skroo waiting a year for it.

Jdog30
I have to say you're wrong. The dsi also has better speakers, bigger screens, and an ability to play downloaded games to your SD slot. So if you ask me, yes, waiting for the DSi is actually going to be a lot better. Although one drawback is the amount of time you will have to wait. But then you could just do what someone in this thread said, and buy the ds phat, and play that til then.
kidmoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kidmoogle
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
Depends on what is more important to you. If you have some GBA games then you need to get a lite so you can play those games on the DS. If a camera is important to you then wait for the DSi.
kidmoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kidmoogle
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
There's really no reason to buy a DS so late into its life now. If you really want one, you might as well wait for the DSi, since Nintendo will inevitibley cease support for the Lite once it comes out, and it will have extra perks as well. Buy any olderDS games that look interesting to you now, though, that way you don't have to search endlessly for them a year from now.Ovirew
Your making the DSi sound like its the next gen... its still a DS and it will still play DS games. Its like the pig with lipstick quote that just made its rounds. doesn't matter what features you put on it a ds is still a ds
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]There's really no reason to buy a DS so late into its life now. If you really want one, you might as well wait for the DSi, since Nintendo will inevitibley cease support for the Lite once it comes out, and it will have extra perks as well. Buy any olderDS games that look interesting to you now, though, that way you don't have to search endlessly for them a year from now.kidmoogle
Your making the DSi sound like its the next gen... its still a DS and it will still play DS games. Its like the pig with lipstick quote that just made its rounds. doesn't matter what features you put on it a ds is still a ds

I agree. waiting like a year for the DSi to come out is way way farther into the DS's life than buying one now is. a DS phat, DS lite, and DSi are all DS's just different models. It's not like each one is another new Nintendo handheld, they are all DS's.

Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
you cant play until you buy! So decide. Its not worth the wait so go ahead and get one!