should i get a DS or not??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dagurime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dagurime
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts

ok, first of all, i know its kinda stupid to ask this on the DS forum, but help me out

long story short, Im simply dying to play the two Castlevania games for DS.... Im a series fan. however, it seems that those two are pretty much the only games that interest me among all DS games (or at least by looks of it).

I'm not a fan of Pokemon, not a fan of Zelda, not a fan of Mario (ok... i admit a liked Mario 64, and if i do end up getting a ds, thats probably another game i'd get), and i personally dont feel like spending thirty some bucks on brain training or puzzle games...

I seriously want to play the two, but i don't know if its worth spending over hundred bucks for just that reason... none of my friends are DS users, so i cant really borrow it from anyone either.

my question is, given all the things that i just said, is DS really not for a guy like me? are the games that i mentioned above pretty much it for decent games on DS? because if they are... it might be stupid for me to spend all the money just to be able to play two games;

Wiz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Wiz007
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts
If you don't like the games out or future offerings except those 2 titles, I would not pay for a DS Lite for just 2 games.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts
I don't think you'd regret getting a DS. I haven't tried it, but games look awesome. Look at Lunar Knights, FFXII, Sonic Rush, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Etrian Odyssey...
biohazard4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 biohazard4
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

NOOOOOO DONT DO IT!!!!

iT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!!

Get it man and in time you will find other games that appeal to you...

Well atleast that was my situation

dr3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dr3b
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts
Just get it. Think about it this way, if you play the two Castlevania games and Mario for 150 hours (which is probably low), youare only paying about $1.75 per hour of fun. That isn't to bad, and chances are you will find more games that you like, maybe Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. Just go for it. Worst case scenario, you buy it play the games and than sell it and end up paying even less per hour of fun.
Tommy8930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tommy8930
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts

yes u should because u should look at that other games i traded my psp for ds and i think ds is amazing wifi is so much fun

games are

advanced wars or w.e its called

Sonic Rush

sports games are also good too

if your not an rpg fan try some of those too but if u arent just try it cuz ds changes your likings of games

wifi is the best online service right now for games on ds because the connection is so strong and u hardly get disconnects get the ds lite u wont regret it

jouvjouv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 jouvjouv
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
There's a rumor that the third Castlevania is in the works... Also, Ninja Gaiden Dragon sword......
justin315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 justin315
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts
look around before purchasing anything, im a psp owner and my brother is a ds owner, so we pretty much have no problems
Grovesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Grovesx
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts

You don't have to be a fan of the game, to like the game.

Get a DS, there is so many games you coud buy, other than Castlevania, that you'd love. You just have to search and take a chance, ponder around some reviews to find high rated ones.

TechDresdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 TechDresdain
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
gET ONE! gAMES maKEs thE DS wORTH IT!
Avatar image for DarkChrisss1995
DarkChrisss1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 DarkChrisss1995
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

YES OR NO?

I choose OR!:P

hugey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hugey
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts

i bought my DS against my will (my girlfriend choked slam me to get one.. :roll: )

now i play it more than my girlfriend and i intend to get her one.. or maybe a psp i suppose..

get one.. definitely a lot of games out there that you might like and enjoy..)

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

If you're a series fan, to the degree you're actually considering a DS, i would recommend you just go do it. The DS castlevania's are incredible games; and you'll even be able to play the GBA castlevania's.

But, most importantly, if you have a DS you'll probably end up finding alot more interesting games. You say you're not interested in much else, but you can't really know that for sure until you try them. We've all disliked things, or not cared for things, until we've actually tried them.. then we've fallen in love with them. You say you aren't a zelda fan, but you might just find that phantom hourglass is a brilliant and fresh game.
Then, there are the lesser known titles outside the DS community. Luminous Arc is a great SRPG. Contra 4 is a brilliant return to the series roots. Prof Layton, Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk are incredible adventure games.

The DS is the system to have this gen, imo. Everyone should have one, if they can afford it. There are so many unique and excellent games on this little machine(and, relative to all of the other platforms, it's quite inexpensive). At the very least, it's a perfect complement to any of the other systems.. though i'm sure there are many of us that play it more then all of the other platforms.

matrix2431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 matrix2431
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

It's all I play; I dont have a tv right now so it's cool for me. Try some games out before deciding against them, there are so many games out there.

By the way, I've logged 60 hours so far on portrait of ruin andI'mnot close to done. So muchstuff to unlock. And using the sisters is amazing, just fly about and cut stuff up with the stylus.

ryva05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ryva05
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts
Spending on the DS sounds like a good idea. There may be more games in the future that you'll want to play so it won't go to waste hopefully. Also, if you're in reach of any GBA games, you can play those too.
jann_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 jann_101
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

I'd buy a DS just to play Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin..!!

Is it wrong for a man to fall in love with a video game..?

Aerialslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 Aerialslayer
Member since 2005 • 618 Posts
I personally love the DS. Why not try castlevania (i own both of them and they are amazing), and why not try others like, advance wars, FF3, Children of Mana, Heroes of Mana, Dragon Quest Joker, Megaman ZX (both). Those seem to be awesome games to play.
supaman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 supaman007
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I'm also thinking of buying A ds ( a ds lite ofcourse) but I want to know if Japanese ndsl can have display text in english. Because if it can, I'm going for the Crimson/black dslite.
ryva05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ryva05
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts
Well I looked at renchi.com and their DS Lite's have a menu for a variety of language, including English.
StillB0RED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StillB0RED
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
If you have to ask that question, then you shouldn't get it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#22 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
Get the DS besides if you like the two castlevania, also they are many other games beside mario, pokemon. There are a lot of games are worth getting as well for the DS console.