should i buy a nintendo wii??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dowie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dowie27
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

can any one convince me to buy a nintendo wii? I was thinking about buying one but there have been so many reviews saying why i should and should buy !

comments appreciated

Emma, SCOTLAND xx

Wave360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wave360
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

I dont think you should... Most people "me included" think its awsome at first then it just gets dull. I havent touched mine for 8 months...

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

it all depends on what your looking for. now is a better time to buy 1 than when it came out like me. theres alot more choice.

if you like nintendo games, and have liked/played them before you cant go wrong. especially with a huge list of games you HAVE to play to catch up with. but on the other hand, if you want extreme online play on more than 3 titles or so and HD graphics then the 360 is also a lovely choice. [i prefer my wii though]

kidnick01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 kidnick01
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts

I say it depends on what type of games you prefer to play and how you play them. If you like family oriented games, classic nintendo games with amazing stories, such as Legend of Zelda or Mario games, then I say yes. Super Mario Galaxy is amazing, and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is awesome. Other excellent games include Super Smash Bros. Brawl (for fighting genre fans) and Mario Kart Wii (for racing genre fans) which both include an amazing Online aspect. FPS fan? Metroid Prime 3 is the best on the system.

Now, on the other hand, if you like mainly a hardcore action person who enjoys blood, gore, language, etc... i would say that an Xbox 360 or PS3 would be the right system for you. Xbox has a lot more to offer you than Playstation, such as Halo 3, Gears of War and BioShock to name a few that revolutionize that system.

Answer this question and it will give you your answer. Do you want a system where you get amazing graphics or revolutionary gameplay? I own an Xbox 360 and Wii, play them both about equally having GTA IV, Halo 3, Gears of War, Oblivion and Guitar Hero III for Xbox and Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii. I love both systems and don't regret either.

CazmoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 CazmoV
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

Yes, I think it's brilliant compared to all the other consoles in stock.

I partly agree with the guy who mentioned not touching his for 8 months, but that depends. I got Super Mario Galaxt and enjoyed that for a while at the same time as Wii Sports, got Resident evil 4 (which i haven't played in ages), then got wii play, mario kart and wii fit and i'm set for ages.

nickelarcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 nickelarcade
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts
well, there was a time when the ds had crappy games only, but once they got the idea the ds became worth buying. the same thing will eventually happen. look up "birdmen and the casual fallacy" in qoutation marks like i put it. :)
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

I dont think you should... Most people "me included" think its awsome at first then it just gets dull. I havent touched mine for 8 months...

Wave360
So, care to show us these statistics from the long polls, interviews, studies and everything you did that show that must of us think like you?
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

can any one convince me to buy a nintendo wii? I was thinking about buying one but there have been so many reviews saying why i should and should buy !

comments appreciated

Emma, SCOTLAND xx

dowie27

You give us no background on your gaming, how are we supposed to convince you?

The Wii does have some great games, I'm 22...play it occasionally with chick friends, and just about anyone that comes over. I've always been an old school fan of the franchises though, like Zelda/Metroid etc. It's more of a group console unless you really love the games, I play my 360 more when I'm bored and by myself.

For me Wii has No More Heroes/Okami/Zelda :Tp/Mario Galaxy/Metroid 3 so it's been well worth it. But I do go through spurts as well where I don't turn my Wii on for a good month or so. I get the urge to go back though.

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
tell me what u want, and ill tell u if u should get it or not
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Four words pal: Super Smash Bros Brawl.

JBL3115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JBL3115
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts
Yes, and then buy mario kart wii, super smash bros., and super mario galaxy.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

Yes, and then buy mario kart wii, super smash bros., and super mario galaxy.JBL3115

add Metroid Prime: Corruption and you've got arguably the best 4 games on the Wii console.

westy_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 westy_93
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
I think you should definetly it's really good I love mine:)
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Wave360

Wow, and yet you feel the need to visit the Wii boards. If you haven't found a new game to play on the Wii in the last 8 months then why bother? Some of the greatest games in recent gaming history were released in that time period, but yet it's dull. You like to waste your time on here trying to convince people not to buy a Wii, who's the dull one here?

And to dowie27, yes, the Wii is very much worth it. I've had the console since launch and still I'm having a blast. It's easily my favorite of the current consoles. There's just no excuse anymore not to have one, there are way too many good games available now. Go for it.

sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts

Wave360

This is NOT the general consensus of everyone who has bought a Wii. I would get one if I were you, I was glad that I did.

specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts

comments appreciated

Emma, SCOTLAND xx

dowie27

Do your homework on it. Check out the games it has alrdy and will get soon, check out the games compared to the other systems and see which one you like more.

It is what it is, and if you havent done your own homework, then you need to. I love mine and what it offers and everything.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
I'm curious to see these reviews that say you should not buy a Wii. I bet somewhere it mentions no 1080p support.