This topic is locked from further discussion.

hattyporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hattyporter
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts
does anybody remember the shenmue game on dreamcast?  it was the most expensive game ever at the time or something like that...now that is a port i would like to see...rather than call of duty, anybody else agree with me?
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 gesi1223
Member since 2004 • 2117 Posts
does anybody remember the shenmue game on dreamcast? it was the most expensive game ever at the time or something like that...now that is a port i would like to see...rather than call of duty, anybody else agree with me?hattyporter
lol Call of Duty. I'd like to see a PowerStone 3. That was an awesome 3D party fighting game franchise.(The first one was 2 player, but the second had 4 player support.)
richie894

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 richie894
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
that was one of the best games i have ever played. you were some guy in japan and had to get a job at the docks as a forklift driver - right?
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
that was one of the best games i have ever played. you were some guy in japan and had to get a job at the docks as a forklift driver - right?richie894
lol yeh, very broad. A guy kills your father and you go after him seeking revenge. The problem with them doing Shenmue is they'd have to bring over the 1st and 2nd ones to the Wii before they could really continue the series with the 3rd one. I am hoping to god they do because I truely love everything about the game. My luck, since shenmue 2 was released on xbox that they will get #3 on the 360 which I don't have which would then make me sad.
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
Well they could just create a whole new story, but keep the gameplay mechanics. That way they wouldn't have to bring over parts 1 & 2.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kidrock17xp
Well they could just create a whole new story, but keep the gameplay mechanics. That way they wouldn't have to bring over parts 1 & 2. jbrittain
yeh, but anybody that is a fan wants to see the end of the story they been following. That would be like (weird example here) but like LOTR being a game only and you only seeing the first 2 then they use the same stuff but make a whole new story and you never see the end of the one you were following. Hope that makes sense. I mean I would go for the same type of thing but I'd really love to see the end of the story too.
pjmthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 pjmthomas
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
That was one of my favorite games. I enjoyed the first on Dreamcast and the 2nd one on Xbox.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
I never played it.....I'd like to get the chance though :)
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kidrock17xp
That was one of my favorite games. I enjoyed the first on Dreamcast and the 2nd one on Xbox.pjmthomas
I enjoyed it so much I imported the JP version for the DC just to play it lol. I then realized they released it over in the UK and got that. But yeh #2 has only been released in the states on the xbox, was good although for people that never played it, the dvd thing was kinda weak explaining #1 but it was certainly better than nothing.
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
[QUOTE="jbrittain"]Well they could just create a whole new story, but keep the gameplay mechanics. That way they wouldn't have to bring over parts 1 & 2. kidrock17xp
yeh, but anybody that is a fan wants to see the end of the story they been following. That would be like (weird example here) but like LOTR being a game only and you only seeing the first 2 then they use the same stuff but make a whole new story and you never see the end of the one you were following. Hope that makes sense. I mean I would go for the same type of thing but I'd really love to see the end of the story too.

That's totally understandable, but they'd be alienating an entire new audience to bring it back now. It's been so long since the last Shenmue game came out that it wouldn't be worth it to complete the series with a third one and confuse all of the people who haven't played the other 2. If they wanted to make a new Shenmue, they'd make more money by just making an all new one with a new story and everything.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kidrock17xp
[QUOTE="kidrock17xp"][QUOTE="jbrittain"]Well they could just create a whole new story, but keep the gameplay mechanics. That way they wouldn't have to bring over parts 1 & 2. jbrittain

That's totally understandable, but they'd be alienating an entire new audience to bring it back now. It's been so long since the last Shenmue game came out that it wouldn't be worth it to complete the series with a third one and confuse all of the people who haven't played the other 2. If they wanted to make a new Shenmue, they'd make more money by just making an all new one with a new story and everything.

if that's what it came down to I would certainly take that as opposed to nothing. I do agree somewhat on it being a long time, it's sad the game from what I know didn't do too well. I thought it was brilliant personally.
Goku-stream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Goku-stream
Member since 2006 • 1194 Posts
I never played it.....I'd like to get the chance though :)lzorro
Trust me, that game was brilliant, it was apparantly the first FREE game (I totally forgot what the acronym actually stood for though :P)
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kidrock17xp
[QUOTE="lzorro"]I never played it.....I'd like to get the chance though :)Goku-stream
Trust me, that game was brilliant, it was apparantly the first FREE game (I totally forgot what the acronym actually stood for though :P)

(Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenmue
Goku-stream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Goku-stream
Member since 2006 • 1194 Posts
[QUOTE="Goku-stream"][QUOTE="lzorro"]I never played it.....I'd like to get the chance though :)kidrock17xp

(Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenmue

Thanks :D, it was actually bugging me remembering what it stood for.
pjmthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 pjmthomas
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
It was originally supposed to be a 16 part game I believe. I believe the original may still be the most expensive game ever made. Wasn't it in production for like 10 years?
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
Instead of a remake, how about a new Shenumi game.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kidrock17xp
It was originally supposed to be a 16 part game I believe. I believe the original may still be the most expensive game ever made. Wasn't it in production for like 10 years?pjmthomas
i'm sure the wiki site says something about it. I know it was originally being made for the Saturn, which no doubt added to a lot of the production costs i'd imagine. It is into parts but I don't think it was 16. Each game was going to have multiple parts in it, I think #2 3 parts to it or something, not sure on the first one though.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kidrock17xp
Shenmue was in active development for approximately five years - between 1994 and 1999 - but creator Yu Suzuki has commented on several occasions that he had initial plans for the game several years prior to this. from teh wikipedia link above
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kidrock17xp
Instead of a remake, how about a new Shenumi game. FireEmblem24
as long as they do something, i'd be for it, I don't want to see the series or game die out
exds01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 exds01
Member since 2006 • 281 Posts
that game is 1 game i loved. i remember spending hours in the arcade and buying raffels. if this game actually ports over it would make my year.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kidrock17xp
that game is 1 game i loved. i remember spending hours in the arcade and buying raffels. if this game actually ports over it would make my year.exds01
I was addicted to that punching game lol
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
     I feel that Shenmue 3 will be put on hold for QUITE some time.  Yu Suzuki is working on Shenmue Online (release date 2007 for eastern countries).  Sega has stated that this will be a 5 year project, so by the time this game would end...the Wii will be officially dead.  Maybe you should change this thread to talking about it on the WiiNi?
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kidrock17xp
i haven't heard anything on shenmue online in ages, is it for pc only or what?