Second screen gaming, and the Switch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

How do you feel about the potential lack of second screen gaming on the Switch? What we've seen so far of the Switch seems like we won't be able to use a second screen, like the Gamepad on the Wii U.

I started playing Skyward Sword again today, and when Fi (a character in the game) told me to look at the map, I instinctively looked down, as if I was using the Gamepad. Of course, I was looking down at my own crotch.

I'm used to playing on the Wii U. The second screen provides an experience that you can't get anywhere else. Having a map on the Gamepad simplifies the game, like in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

When it comes to the Switch, nothing is sure, but how do you feel about the potential lack of a second screen?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I dont mind. Wii U was a lot of fun and i cant wait to try new fresh experiences with Nintendo games. Your right though, Xenoblade was amazing with its dual screen usage. But im confidante the Xeno team will have no problem thinking of something else to innovate and turn into a blast.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

Nintendo admitted that the big tablet controller was the reason the wiiu failed, then they release this.... What a disaster.

Yeah, they are pretty crazy.

All I want is a console, don't want any of that "switch" nonsense or for it to be housed in a tablet. It's always got to be a gimmick with them. The problem is, this gimmick doesn't even seem to benefit gaming in any way. It just means you can take the games on the go, but the controls look standard (and actually, the "switch" controller looks downright goofy). I can tell off the bat the Pro controller will be the preferred way for everyone to play.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@joebones5000:

The thing with the Switch is that you can just leave it docked 100% of the time and use the pro controller. So why the nagging?

@2Chalupas:

Same answer. Just leave it docked, use the pro controller and use it as a console. For a lot of us, myself included, being able to take the games on the go during commute for example, is a dream come true.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm not used to second screen gaming so I'm fine with not implementing it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

at first as was like yeah!

now im like ugh...

i dont know how many times ive lost in splatoon because i cant take my eyes of the screen and look at the gamepad map.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iandizion713

@KBFloYd: I dont ever look at that map.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@KBFloYd: I dont ever look at that map.

me too....

but it helps... you can see sometimes when squids are hiding and where the rainmaker is....sometimes i dont know who has the rainmaker.

also in kelp dome i get confused which side is our side when im in the middle area.

for me it has cost me some deaths. maybe its not a big problem though.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iandizion713

@KBFloYd: I meant to say while playing. I do peek at it usually after i die.