Sad that casuals are not aware of the Wii-u's Features

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thingta42
Member since 2005 • 6120 Posts

I work at gamestop, so it's my job to explain stuff to people, over the Christmas weeks we've had some big lines. It's been my job to help people find games and point them to where they need to be. When i've talked to moms with kids, or casuals in general. They always seem stunned and shocked that the Wii U can play wii games. And a lot of these people go to the wii section. Also they don't seem to know that the screen on the tablet can allow you to play the game even if the TV is turned off.

Which is baffling, they really need to sell the fact it can play Wii games, which will entice people to upgrade knowing they can keep their current libiray of games, and they really need to sell the idea of the tablet where your kids can keep playing while you can watch TV. I think Nintendo are doing a pretty bad job at advertisement with it. People keep asking for the Mario Kart bundle and what other bundles they are too. There needs to be more console bundles! A smash bros bundle is needed, and so is another good one. In general, Terrible Advertisement to families with just what it can do.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Nintendo has been doing a terrible job at marketing the Wii U since it launched. My in-laws still thought the Wii U was a peripheral for Wii when we all went to the beach last year.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Nintendo's fault.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

I think since the Wii U had a poor launch / first year..... not many games to showcase, they really didn't sink a ton of money into marketing and advertising a system that at the time, which was poorly preceived. Fast forward two years, the Wii U has a pretty good lineup of games, and the casuals never got the details because it's new and nintendo hasn't marketed much here. Last X-mas would have been a great time to advertise Mario Kart/ Smash Bros, 3D Land, Donkey Kong, NES Remix, Pikmin, Etc, ETc.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Nintendo needed to use the home shopping networks so that those hosts can spend a hour hammering home that the Wii U is not a add on to the Wii. Stuff like that is what it would take to make them see that its not a upgrade to the Wii. All Nintendo had to do was give the console a different shape and name. It would have solved all issues.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Well Nintendo did put out a crappy pamphlet for the holiday season.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I find this funny. I went into Gamespot when Mario Kart 8 was launching, and asked for the limited edition Mario Kart 8 bundle they had (came with a figure and whatnot). She comes back with the Mario Kart Wii bundle -.-

But that's beside the point. I agree, and Nintendo isn't very good at marketing and communicating their products. Probably one of their weakest aspects.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I don't care about the features, my Wii U is collecting dust for 5 months straight, I powered it on and it malfunctioned until I did an update. I just want games. I bought it for the Fatal Frame 5 game and it might not even make it to the US market, so I have to wait until Xenoblade Chronicles X in about a year or more? F this... it was a huge mistake, so unless I finally buy some games I don't want I wasted my money again on Nintendo.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Nintendo has been doing a terrible job at marketing the Wii U since it launched. My in-laws still thought the Wii U was a peripheral for Wii when we all went to the beach last year.

this...