This topic is locked from further discussion.

calebthelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 calebthelion
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

there's barely any

its dissapointing really

they really need to release some

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

Tales of symphonia 2 is coming, as well as fragile

few others too, but I'm not incredibly interested in them, they don't look all that great

muffinduck01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 muffinduck01
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts
if you havent already theres some good rpgs on the virtual console Paper Mario is one of my all time favorites and i recently found out Phantasy star 2 is real good all be it not great like FF or Kotor
Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

there are no good rpgs on any console right now(exclude crisis core)....and by ur pic i assume ur in2 japanese rpgs....

btw dragon quest swords for wii was surprisingly good....the characters made it an amzing experience despite the game being short as well as lacking movement b/ween places it was ok

wiiGraphics777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wiiGraphics777
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

if u read the back of the box on brawl it uses the havock engine, same one used in oblivio...

OH SNAP OBLIVION Wii!?!??!!? buckle up folks!

LittleTauren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 LittleTauren
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

there are no good rpgs on any console right now(exclude crisis core)....and by ur pic i assume ur in2 japanese rpgs....

btw dragon quest swords for wii was surprisingly good....the characters made it an amzing experience despite the game being short as well as lacking movement b/ween places it was ok

krato_sephiroth

Dragon Quest Swords IS NOT a real RPG, its a Derivitave Square Hack 'n' Slash.

Mass Effect is a great RPG and if you're looking for story over gameplay, get a 360. Mistwalker may not be breaking ground with JRPGs but they're definitely churning decent ones out. Lost Odyssey looks like something right up my alley and Blue Dragon should be bought if you're a major Anime fan, but really if you want RPGs look no further than the PS3. Yes, it doesn't really have any right now, but they're coming, Final Fantasy 13, Versus and I bet Square might put on a few more Smiley faces on that console, however, RPGrs really haven't found the right console yet, what with a Camelot RPG still up in the air, Mass Effect being ported to the PC, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey being slightly derrivitave and Square not announcing much exclusive PS3 support besides FF13 and VS.

But yeah, I'm very dissapointed in the Wii's lack of RPG success, it has no actual good RPGs on it....at all. I am yet to play Fire Emblem on it, but, I don't really want to. The original Fire Emblem was Fantastic, Sacred Stones was great and Path of Radiance was very charming but, they all were pretty much the same if you think about it.....

wiiGraphics777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wiiGraphics777
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i hate when ppl reccomend new consoles for something the wii lacks, , what happened to commitment with one thing?

there are plenty of fine rpg's comming to wii and enough out for a 1 yr old console.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

there's barely any

its dissapointing really

calebthelion

I have one word for you: Opoona.

That game is an RPG that looks very original.

Gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Gamer_152
Member since 2006 • 821 Posts
There is quite a lack of good RPGs for the Wii. Nintendo seem to prefer to release their RPGs on the DS, probably mainly because most newbie gamers wouldn't bother to put in the time it takes to play an RPG properly.
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
[QUOTE="calebthelion"]

there's barely any

its dissapointing really

AzelKosMos

I have one word for you: Opoona.

That game is an RPG that looks very original.

It's nothing to write home about. Not very fun.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

krato_sephiroth

Yeah right, DS is full of rpgs. I won't named them just do some research.

RPGs on wii are coming, it takes more than a year to make good rgps, SE said they want to make more games on wii. Dragon quest sword is already out (yes i still count that as a pseudo rpg), Chocobo dungeon wii is coming this summer in the US, My life as a king (though it's more of a building sim) is also coming soon. Capcom is making Monster Hunter 3 exclusivaly on wii, Namco is making TOS2 and other Japanese companies are making rpgs too. Also, Nintendo bought Monolith soft who were ex Square employees. So I say just be patient.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

if u read the back of the box on brawl it uses the havock engine, same one used in oblivio...

OH SNAP OBLIVION Wii!?!??!!? buckle up folks!

wiiGraphics777

Oblivion was one hell of a game. Even thought I own it on PC and 360, I would buy it again just for it's Wii controls. Imagine picking a lock with the Wiimote, using it to swing a sword or shoot an arrow.

Doubt we'll see it though.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Anybody heard anything from Orbs?
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

you have no idea how well i feel your pain, im going through the exact same thing, i wish i hadn't sold ff3 for ds, because now that i think of it, it wasn't THAT bad, I just didn't like the last dungeon, and the story seemed kind of bland compared to what im used to. ex. - Tales of symphonia, or any tales game for that matter, and the other final fantasies, and dragon quest.

The DS has some RPG's, but the wii honestly has like none. We have to wait for Tos 2, and FF:CC. even though i haven't played crystal chronicles before.