Research on Wiifit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ashtontheguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ashtontheguru
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

Hey, im a final year computer science student, and for my project i have decided to develope a fitness site.

For my research i have been looking at Wiifit and its huge popularity. Now i was generally under the impression that on Wiifit you are encouraged to beat your records and share your records with others?

I haven't played the game myself, so could anyone confirm this for me? and explain how it is achieved? is it via online leaderboards?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

You could, ya know, play the game...

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Wii Fit has no online components at all and, as far as I remember, it contains no direct competition among users. the in-game character for the Balance Board talks or ask you from time to time about other users, and then shares the comments to encourage them, but in a very general form only. You can check some user reviews at Youtube to find out more on this. I'm pretty sure that, when Wii U Fit game became available, it will have a more robust social component, similar or beyond the one in Your Shape, which is already available at Wii U. Regards!
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
BTW, if your investigation in on Wii Fit (Plus) only, this is pretty much all. Other fitness games for the Wii had better training programs and or social components. EA Sports Active 2.0 had a complete social hub outside the game, but those servers are down already. I pretty much used only Wii Fit (Plus) and all the EA Sports versions (except NFL Training Camp), but there were several others. UFC, for example, was a very intense one too. These are just bits of information as I really don't know the focus of your work. Regards!
ashtontheguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ashtontheguru
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

BTW, if your investigation in on Wii Fit (Plus) only, this is pretty much all. Other fitness games for the Wii had better training programs and or social components. EA Sports Active 2.0 had a complete social hub outside the game, but those servers are down already. I pretty much used only Wii Fit (Plus) and all the EA Sports versions (except NFL Training Camp), but there were several others. UFC, for example, was a very intense one too. These are just bits of information as I really don't know the focus of your work. Regards!enrique_marrodz

Thanks a lot for the help, Yeah basically im creating a social fitness site, And im just trying to draw a correlation between people being more motivated to do a form of strenarous phsyical activity, when their competing, or their results are presented to others.

Empty_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Empty_World
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

You could, ya know, play the game...

goblaa
/thread