Report: Nintendo has co-ownership of the Fatal Frame IP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/21/report-nintendo-has-co-ownership-in-fatal-frame-ip/

Rely on Horror reports Nintendo now has full ownership of spin-off Spirit Camera as well as co-ownership of Fatal Frame alongside Tecmo Koei.

The platform holder now has the publishing rights to any game in the franchise, which makes it unlikely we'll see a new Fatal Frame game outside of Nintendo consoles or that we'll see independent effort to bring across the patchily localised series.

Fatal Frame kicked off in 2001 on the PS2 and Xbox and spawned four core entires; the latest, Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen, releases exclusively on Wii and has not been localised. The second game is being re-released under the title Project Zero 2: Wii Edition and will arrive on June 29 longside 3DS spin-off Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir.

This could be good or bad news.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Lets hope they do something good with it. I'd re-buy PZ2/Fatal Frame 2 for Wii U but not Wii.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I can't tell at this moment but if they decide to localize some of the titles I'm in to try them. From the critic standpoint it appears those could be good news for me as I'm single console user :D again, as long as they get localized to my region
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
If there's any franchise that could benefit from the WiiU's controller, it's Fatal Frame.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Playing Fatal Frame 2/Project Zero 2 (Wii) now ...& yea they definitely need to bring this series to Wii U.. its AWESOME!!!..haven't gone "oh s***! s***!!.." in a long time. :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
That'd be great. The controller can function as the camera. But more than that, Nintendo needs to get ECHO NIGHT!!!
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Loving the remake Fatal Frame 2 on Wii :) ...never played it on PS2. This game is definitely not for kids..unless you want them to have nightmares. Spooky as...have a much better atmosphere than Cursed Mountain. :)

awakeningland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 awakeningland
Member since 2012 • 104 Posts

Really really creepy Japanese horror. I loved it, from behind my bedsheets!