Red Steel best Wii game graphically?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Raijinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Raijinko
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts
I'm looking at the screen shots for Red steel, I know is a crappy game but I think this is the best looking game for wii, the characters and environment looks smooth, anyone else agree? I havn't seen any other wii game with graphics like that. CoD W@W look worse than ps2, and so does many other wii games..
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
No chance in Hell
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts
Haven't seen Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3, have you? Wow, saying Red Steel is the best looking Wii game sounds like you're at least a couple of years behind right now. No offense... I think... :|
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
The screens for that game are ridiculously misleading... the game looks crappy 99% of the time
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

most screen shots that I've ever seen were released before the game came out. 99% of them were extremely misleading imo. I never saw one screen in the game that was even compareable to those shots, and I played the game with component cables.

The game was alright looking attempting to go for that "realistic" look, but I think there's been a few others since, that have surpassed it.

Here's hoping RS2 pushes Wii to the limits

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Hell no.
Nova_Mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Nova_Mongoose
Member since 2004 • 2261 Posts

TC,

See SMG and SSBB for proof that you haven't played a Wii

Raijinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Raijinko

TC,

Nova_Mongoose
I have those two games, SMG has good graphics but SSBB idk, SSBB has more jaggiez than SSBM, and I checked it out. So i wouldn't say SSBB, I don't count SMG because humans and real environments thats destructable and guns should be harder to do, and shows more of what the wii is capable of since it's more action packed... so please don't hate.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
It had mixed graphics. Some things in the game looked very nice, but other things looked horrible. Still, whether you look at the good things or bad things about the graphics, it doesn't compare to SMG.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

Red Steel's graphics aren't horrible, but I still think Brawl and Galaxy blow it out of the ballpark graphically.

Greatfox424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Greatfox424
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts
I didnt think redsteel graphics were bad at all...but the game really had some tech problems with it...as everyone else says lets hope the second one is amazing...we need some more hardcore titles for wii!
link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
Ae you okay?
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I thinks it's closer to worst looking Wii game than the best.
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts
Ya, and Ninja Bread Man is the most in-depth mind boggling movie-like epic masterpiece of a game ever to fit on one disc...
k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
no freaking way look at okami or zelda TP
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts
[QUOTE="Nova_Mongoose"]

TC,

Raijinko
I have those two games, SMG has good graphics but SSBB idk, SSBB has more jaggiez than SSBM, and I checked it out. So i wouldn't say SSBB, I don't count SMG because humans and real environments thats destructable and guns should be harder to do, and shows more of what the wii is capable of since it's more action packed... so please don't hate.

Jaggies don't mean anything if the models are more complex (which they are) or textures are more detailed (which they are) or if the environments have more detail and more going on in the background (which they do). Brawl is far and away much better looking than Melee ever was. A simple look at the Melee levels that made it into Brawl should be proof enough. On the matter of SMG's credibility. There is quite a bit going on at once all while also rendering fully spherical worlds. It also has very strong texture work and modeling. Just because something is cute doesn't mean its less impressive than a realistic rendered game. Galaxy has quite a bit more under the hood than a corridor shooter like Red Steel. The fact that you'd consider it otherwise honestly means you don't understand how video games are made and how important a strong artistic style is.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
good lord no o_O
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
those screen shots were enhanced, so they're not all that special. sorry to burst your bubbles.
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I think this meant from a realistic standpoint.

Me I thought the game look pretty good.

Vixolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vixolus
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts
It looks realistic at moments.. like the Dojo area at the end with the trees and buildings. and cars and all that. Don't forget about the beginning of the creepy sh!t in your pants at random moments, Pchinko King Games level.. oh god that creeped me out at times. But the beginning where the streets were were really good. All the neon and details.
Raijinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raijinko
[QUOTE="Raijinko"][QUOTE="Nova_Mongoose"]

TC,

jmangafan

Jaggies don't mean anything if the models are more complex (which they are) or textures are more detailed (which they are) or if the environments have more detail and more going on in the background (which they do). Brawl is far and away much better looking than Melee ever was. A simple look at the Melee levels that made it into Brawl should be proof enough. On the matter of SMG's credibility. There is quite a bit going on at once all while also rendering fully spherical worlds. It also has very strong texture work and modeling. Just because something is cute doesn't mean its less impressive than a realistic rendered game. Galaxy has quite a bit more under the hood than a corridor shooter like Red Steel. The fact that you'd consider it otherwise honestly means you don't understand how video games are made and how important a strong artistic style is.

I think rendering real humans and and real environments is more difficult to make look good than rendering goombas, flower plants, and bomb enemies sorry.
Ignition93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ignition93
Member since 2008 • 226 Posts

Really? So Metroid prime 3 doesn't count then? It's got humans so that obviously makes it look better then any game without humans. While we're at it, CoD3 must have the greatest graphics of all time since it's only people.

Your logic fails, buddy. And saying sorry after every setence doesn't hide your ignorance.

Raijinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Raijinko

Really? So Metroid prime 3 doesn't count then? It's got humans so that obviously makes it look better then any game without humans. While we're at it, CoD3 must have the greatest graphics of all time since it's only people.

Your logic fails, buddy. And saying sorry after every setence doesn't hide your ignorance.

Ignition93
I said "sorry" once? Idk what u been reading. To end this discussion I guess nothing on the Wii looks good then, I have MP3 and all those games you people brag about, and its sad.. I want to believe that there are other better looking games out there for wii since ps2 games look better than all those games u people mentioned. since some people are being a$$es i'll be one to.. Jak3, R@C, kingdom hearts on ps2 look better than SMG and any other wii game. And to end it even more ,FFX, and MGS2-3 look better than any wii game released. which is sad.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Ya, and Ninja Bread Man is the most in-depth mind boggling movie-like epic masterpiece of a game ever to fit on one disc...cjm23
So True.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
no freaking way look at okami or zelda TPk3nne3e
You can't be serious?? You do know that they were ports with no graphical updates? You are telling us that you think that a Gamecube game and a PS2 game have the best graphics on the Wii? Get with it!
Toysoldier34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Toysoldier34
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
metroid prime 3 is really good. and there is some sci fi shooter still in developement for the wii that looks really good. but i don't remember what it's called, but I saw it in gameinformer or gamepro a few issues back. looked like it will be big at E3 so keep your eyes and ears open. because maybe nintendo will wow us hardcore gamers for once in months, because I don't know about you guys but I regret buying a wii since there just arent that many good games.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

since some people are being a$$es i'll be one to..Raijinko

This looks like a good place to stop.

Just a friendly reminder, everyone.... Be respectful.