red steel 2 as big as mohh2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts

just in case you didntknow red steel 2 did get confirmed and has online. Do you thinkred steel 2 can get as good mohh2?

Sumhalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sumhalo
Member since 2004 • 357 Posts

just in case you didntknow red steel 2 did get confirmed and has online. Do you thinkred steel 2 can get as good mohh2?

musicman748

Why not? I hope 32 players online.

Avatar image for KINGmastergamer
KINGmastergamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 KINGmastergamer
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
dunno red steel was a good game and i havnt played mohh2 so i think it could work i guess
jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
Yeah right, Red Steel 2 will suck, like bad....jk jk It actually seems like it may be a gr8 FPS on the Wii. Didn't they say it has already been in development for a year? I actually hope this will be WAY better than MoHH2 just bcuz it isn't WWII and can actually have a good story. Imagine sword duels online, pretty sweet ya?
Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Maxned
Member since 2007 • 623 Posts
No. It will be fun, but not as good as MOHH2. At least it wont take a long time to kill a person probably. And co-op was announced too (first shooter co-op on wii)
Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maxned
Member since 2007 • 623 Posts

No. It will be fun, but not as good as MOHH2. At least it wont take a long time to kill a person probably. And co-op was announced too (first shooter co-op on wii)Maxned

Other than On-rails shooters.

Warplane11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Warplane11
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
It might the only problem is almost everyone who bought Redsteel is angry because it was so hyped up and in the end it wasn't that great so that may turn people away from a Redsteel 2
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
Like the original Red Steel it has potential to be good if not great. But it's really up to how the developers implement the ideas and gameplay. I don't have high hopes for it since the last Red Steel sucked, but I do hope it does better. The ideas for Red Steel weren't bad, just the controls were buggy and slow and the game was too repetitive and not all that great graphic wise.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts

It might the only problem is almost everyone who bought Redsteel is angry because it was so hyped up and in the end it wasn't that great so that may turn people away from a Redsteel 2Warplane11

But out of those people there were a few of us that saw the potential of Red Steel, and how it could be a very good game. But RS2 will probally sell a lot less, unless they promote the crap out of it and get good reviews.

lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
In my honest opinion Red Steel 2 can be better than Mohh2 if they hit the key things. controls similar or better than Mohh2 or even MP3, online has to be over 16 players or even 12. have more weapons avaiable. HAve more than 10 maps make them vary from small and big. if they can do all that they will set the standard for online play on the Wii
Best1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Best1989
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

I have my hopes on this. I enjoy the first, although it could be better....

So, please Ubisoft, do a better job his time >_>

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
It could be a good game. Online sounds good, but it has to be done right, hopefully none of this FC junk. The controls must be smooth, like MOHH2 or MP3. There should be a melee button to use a sword in close combat. More gun vareity. Good level design. (this is all for online) As for thesingle player aspectgame the voice acting and graphics need to be improved. Same with the stuff ive mentioned before like controls and story.
tonyex55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 tonyex55
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
look this games will be great. the devs are quite aware of whats wrong with the game. As far as being better than MOHH2 absoultely!!!! MOHH2 has tons of problems, i mean its fun b/c its the only online FPS for the Wii but i believe that RS2 is going to raise the bar for wii expectations on FPS's....
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
I'm not getting Red Steel 2 because the first was so bad. It would have to be AAA before I think of getting it.
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
If Red Steel 2 has better graphics (without frame drops) than first game, and has better controles, I think it'll own.
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Link because I really want to see this, also Red steel 2 having online means first day purchase for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
Do they actually plan on improving the sword-play? It was so simplistic and got old incredibly fast in the first one. They better at least improve the sword-play, otherwise, just get rid of it all-together. Well, then they would have to name it something else if they took away the sword aspect of the game.
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts
Yeah I don't really care for 32 playing online. Mohh2 had it and I rarely go into a 32 player game, and when I do it isn't that great. I have a better time with 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 ect.
jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jriddle89
I don't like going into almost full games either, its more fun with a smaller amount of ppl. I think MoHH2 would have benefitted more if it had a variation in size between maps, which I hope RS2 will have, and a lot of maps also...And they better use a system that doesn't require friend codes like MoHH2 does....
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

In my honest opinion Red Steel 2 can be better than Mohh2 if they hit the key things. controls similar or better than Mohh2 or even MP3, online has to be over 16 players or even 12. have more weapons avaiable. HAve more than 10 maps make them vary from small and big. if they can do all that they will set the standard for online play on the Wiilolag

and local multiplayer as well.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
I think it can be way better, the concept and the potential are there, they just have to execute it and make it perfect this time.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
It SHOULD be better. Medal of Honor was made in far less time.
Drummersteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Drummersteve
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
I hope not!!!!! If there ever was a time machine the first thing I would do is go back and destroy this game before it ever came out.
Bucharifique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bucharifique
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts
I have red steel and its not that bad as a game as everyone says it is! Its decent fun for non gamers and the casual gamer!
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

I'm not getting Red Steel 2 because the first was so bad. It would have to be AAA before I think of getting it.-shmelo-

ANd your conclusion is if the first one is bad, the second one will be...

peje89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 peje89
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts

Yeah right, Red Steel 2 will suck, like bad....jk jk It actually seems like it may be a gr8 FPS on the Wii. Didn't they say it has already been in development for a year? I actually hope this will be WAY better than MoHH2 just bcuz it isn't WWII and can actually have a good story. Imagine sword duels online, pretty sweet ya?jriddle89

YEAH about the sword duel, they have to take it out, because that was the reason I never finished redsteel when I got it, because when you are going to kill somebody with your gun then he takes out a sword and you HAVE TO drop your gun....Uhmmm, nopeno thanks.

And 32 players online is alot, because is not an army. now 12 or 10 would be great, and this time it has to be rated M becuase a game called red steel, need to have some blood in it.

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
Is it known at all when this is coming out? I think I'm gonna get MoHH2, but if this comes out soon and gets great reviews, I might get this.
jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jriddle89
Yeah I see what you are saying about the sword duels, it was kind of retarded that you would whip out a sword in a gun fight, but it was cool in its own way, maybe if they could implement it better?
incredibletlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 incredibletlee
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

why the heckdoes everyone like red steel? it sucks. it was the first shooting game i got for my wii and it was terrible. RE4 and MoHH2are 100x better than it.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

why the heckdoes everyone like red steel? it sucks. it was the first shooting game i got for my wii and it was terrible. RE4 and MoHH2are 100x better than it.

incredibletlee

Because some poeple have the ability to overlook flaws in a game and sitll enjoy it. These people also have a life and don't think that games are the most important things in the world.... so few of them, it's a shame.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

YEAH about the sword duel, they have to take it out, because that was the reason I never finished redsteel when I got it, because when you are going to kill somebody with your gun then he takes out a sword and you HAVE TO drop your gun....Uhmmm, nopeno thanks.

peje89

Then don't buy it! Part of the fun of the game was the sword fights. Now if they improve those, they will be even better. Red Stell shipped before it was ready. If they take their time with the second one, they should be able to improve the gameplay.

And 32 players online is alot, because is not an army. now 12 or 10 would be great, and this time it has to be rated M becuase a game called red steel, need to have some blood in it.

peje89

This game needs 32 players. If you want to play with a really small group like 12 people, then maybe they'll let you choose like in Medal of Honor. I only play in huge games.

kidy3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 kidy3k
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
it just might be great cuz this is ubisofts chance to fix all the errors from rs1 now with rs2 they can achive much more
Avatar image for DrummerDude1010
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrummerDude1010
Member since 2007 • 891 Posts
I'm not getting Red Steel 2 because the first was so bad. It would have to be AAA before I think of getting it.-shmelo-
No offence, but thats a dumb thing to say. Just because the first one was bad doesnt mean the next will be. The developers will hopefully learn from their mistakes and make it alot better. It could be a AA game and you dont consider buying it? Come on.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I personally enjoyed the first Red Steel. The Gunfights were Awesome, the Sword fights could use some tweaking but were still fun, the story can easily be expanded upon, the progression of the game was good, hand how the story unfolds was pretty decent.

This game definitely has potential to be a great shooter. A few things it would need to work on to make it better would be more multiplayer/online maps, the ability to add Bots to the multiplayer part of the game (Like Perfect Dark 64) so you can get practice for online battles, team up with friends and take on computer controlled simbots, At least make it 8 player online, guest co-oponline battles (Like Super Mario Strikers) where more than one person can play online from the same console, more weapons andarmor types, a co-op single player (Which someone already pointed out is confirmed), A deeper, Longer-lasting story mode, More types of Swords including Fantasy/Fictional Swords, Interactive environments and vehicles, and Voice Chat (Maybe).

The Sword Aspect could be implemented in this game quite nicely online with a few tweaks with the controls.All they would have to do is make the Sword a secondary weapon similar to how the knife is on Perfect Dark, or the Impact Hammer is on Unreal Tournament. They could also add a slight stat increase for those that use the sword or have an item that boosts stats to a ninja-like level to even out the playing field between Sword and Gun and add Bullet Deflecting ability to the swords (Which would probablyonly be able to be done when in Ninja Boost Mode). If they incorporated this into the online game along with the huge Buster Swords, and Extra-Long Katana's and Mana Blades and Fictional Swords, I can guarantee you that ALOT more people will be using the Swords alot more than normal.

That would be completely awesome if they could pull this off whic I think they can, just as long as they don't rush it and make sure everything is perfect. Hopefully Nintendo will release higher capacity discs so developers can add more functions and data to the games, and it willgive them more memory to polish the games up alot more. That's really all Nintendo has to do, problem is how. I'm sure they can pull it off if anybody.

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
hopefully the game is A LOT better than the first. 32 people online (in my opinion) is too much, but if they can add it on to the game, why not? plus, the game has been in development for a year now, so im expecting big achievements for this game.