readyboost+wii=osm?????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts

anyone else see the thing on readyboost in the tech tab

ninty could code something like that for wii,

imagine how good the gfx could be and a usb drive is only like $15

it wouldnt take more than 2 months to code

and with more memory wii could do much better textures and incredibly better animations

seems like a good idea to me

Bahn_Yuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bahn_Yuki
Member since 2003 • 1644 Posts
Wow even after all these months people still can't accept the Wii for what it is.  Truly amazing, I remember all the posts of people calling me a basher, a hater, and downright Satan.  Oh th death threats I've recieved.  But where are the people now? Aren't you happy with your PS2 ports? Aren't you happy with your last gen graphics?

You should know better by now.  It's months AFTER launch.  The Wii is "two Gamecubes, duct taped together"..Get over it.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17892 Posts
*thinks.....Thinks some more* hhmmm,,,,,,probably not. ready boost uses flash memory to increase the loading times of stuff. however its still much much much (and i mean much) slower than ram. all it will mean is that games might load that little bit faster which is a bit pointless imho. the wii already has pretty fast loading times. it might come in handy for the channel system though. if the wii could cache to the flash memory while playing a game and then dump that data back into memory once the player quits then it could decrease the time it takes to get from a game back to the channel screen (which takes a little too long imho, and gets worse when its full of VC games. it could be benefical for games but dont expect a revolution, flash memory is only as fast as a HDD (sometimes even slower).
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
the wii has 512mb of ram its pretty much useless cause graphix wouldnt change cause of the proccesor the ready boost only speeds up the Random Access Memory. which would make games run at 80 fps and they would be able to load quicker basacly we could get a game to run faster and how much space can be scene on the screen like mor soldiers and objects thats all.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 merch
[QUOTE="osan0"]*thinks.....Thinks some more* hhmmm,,,,,,probably not. ready boost uses flash memory to increase the loading times of stuff. however its still much much much (and i mean much) slower than ram. all it will mean is that games might load that little bit faster which is a bit pointless imho. the wii already has pretty fast loading times. it might come in handy for the channel system though. if the wii could cache to the flash memory while playing a game and then dump that data back into memory once the player quits then it could decrease the time it takes to get from a game back to the channel screen (which takes a little too long imho, and gets worse when its full of VC games. it could be benefical for games but dont expect a revolution, flash memory is only as fast as a HDD (sometimes even slower).

sd card duh.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 merch
Wow even after all these months people still can't accept the Wii for what it is. Truly amazing, I remember all the posts of people calling me a basher, a hater, and downright Satan. Oh th death threats I've recieved. But where are the people now? Aren't you happy with your PS2 ports? Aren't you happy with your last gen graphics?

You should know better by now. It's months AFTER launch. The Wii is "two Gamecubes, duct taped together"..Get over it.
Bahn_Yuki
ha ha ur funny yuki too bad u should check ur stuff first the wii is 3 gamecubes fused together.
Qanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Qanio
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
Wow even after all these months people still can't accept the Wii for what it is.  Truly amazing, I remember all the posts of people calling me a basher, a hater, and downright Satan.  Oh th death threats I've recieved.  But where are the people now? Aren't you happy with your PS2 ports? Aren't you happy with your last gen graphics?

You should know better by now.  It's months AFTER launch.  The Wii is "two Gamecubes, duct taped together"..Get over it.
Bahn_Yuki
so by your logic if i duct tape three ps2's together i would have a PS3 with all the functions and abilities of a regular PS3.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
Why is everyone talking about what can be done to boost the Wii graphics when we haven't even come close to seeing what the system is capable of yet? How about the developers start using it to it's potential as it is before worrying about how to give it more potential?
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Bahn_Yuki

If you hate it so much then why do you have one? Seriously, you could probably turn a bit of a profit on ebay if you sold it. I'm not flaming... I just don't understand why someone would want something they hate sitting around the house when they could probably get $350+ out of it (assuming you have a couple games to go with it and stuff). Or do you think that having one is a free ticket to complain about it, so you want to keep it to have something to cry about?

Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Libralesso
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
that could be useful for the starting screen can have mroe VC downloads
mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

Bahn_Yuki
why must u put down the wii, when its capable of so much more than what we have seen???? with the ports and first launch titles that we have seen developers were more focused on the controls...now that there are new development tools coming out for the wii,we will begin too see the true capabilities of the almighty WII...you will see...
Bahn_Yuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bahn_Yuki
Member since 2003 • 1644 Posts

[QUOTE="Bahn_Yuki"]Wow even after all these months people still can't accept the Wii for what it is. Truly amazing, I remember all the posts of people calling me a basher, a hater, and downright Satan. Oh th death threats I've recieved. But where are the people now? Aren't you happy with your PS2 ports? Aren't you happy with your last gen graphics?

You should know better by now. It's months AFTER launch. The Wii is "two Gamecubes, duct taped together"..Get over it.
decepticondevil

If you hate it so much then why do you have one? Seriously, you could probably turn a bit of a profit on ebay if you sold it. I'm not flaming... I just don't understand why someone would want something they hate sitting around the house when they could probably get $350+ out of it (assuming you have a couple games to go with it and stuff). Or do you think that having one is a free ticket to complain about it, so you want to keep it to have something to cry about?

I like the Wii, I just find Nintendo management and business practices foolhearty.  The system itself is fine(except that's it has a $150 markup).
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Bahn_Yuki

You won today's worst post ever today.

Happy with our PS2 ports? You expect top end Wii graphics 4 months after launch?  What is wrong with you?

1.)PS2 ports suck, but at least 3rd parties are beginning to support the Wii.. and ports mean they're hoping to get some quick sales because of the Wii hype. The good games will come.

2.)The graphics on the 360 originally weren't that spectacular, it took them a full YEAR to get AAA graphic games, and its primarily that of Gears of War.

The Wii still looks like a gamecube, but if its 2x powerful, imagine the types of games that will eventually come out.

Now go back to the boards where you once came from.