Question for yall

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts

i'm going away to college for game design (woot) and i'm wondering how many of you that go to college would bring your wii or any gameing maching with you.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
why not? You wouldnt go home to play it all the time right?
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Masterx1220
going home??? i'm going across the whole usa i was just worried that if i take it with me that someone might take it
AAwiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AAwiidog
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts
definetly take it man
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
You're getting a degree in something that may not pay off o_o you know it's a lot better to get a degree in computer science or something like that instead...
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Yes, I'd probably take it if I were you. Do you know your roommates or how many roommates you will have? It's your property and you definately won't be able to watch over it at all times. Ultimately it's your decision.

You're getting a degree in something that may not pay off o_o you know it's a lot better to get a degree in computer science or something like that instead...forgot_it

I agree with this.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
take it... im in college now, and the first week i was here, i didnt bring it... i got so bored that i drove all the way home (about 400 miles) just to get it..
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
btw you should have a closet or something in the dorm, so bring a lock with you so when you arent there, you can put it in there and lock it so it wont get stolen
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Masterx1220

You're getting a degree in something that may not pay off o_o you know it's a lot better to get a degree in computer science or something like that instead...forgot_it

i'm bent set on this degree i now it might not pay off but i just want to give it a shot. and thaks for the heads up

btw you should have a closet or something in the dorm, so bring a lock with you so when you arent there, you can put it in there and lock it so it wont get stolenSword-Demon

alright i will

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
yeah, i would bring my nintendo wii, i would try to lock it up to keep it safe
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
i'm bent set on this degree i now it might not pay off but i just want to give it a shot. and thaks for the heads upMasterx1220
It's fine that you're bent set on it but you can still be a game designer without having a Game Design degree. A Computer Science degree with knowledge in something like Communications Technology will leave you a lot better off.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

[QUOTE="Masterx1220"]i'm bent set on this degree i now it might not pay off but i just want to give it a shot. and thaks for the heads upforgot_it
It's fine that you're bent set on it but you can still be a game designer without having a Game Design degree. A Computer Science degree with knowledge in something like Communications Technology will leave you a lot better off.

This guy seriously knows what he's talking about. Even if you are lucky enough to get a job as a game designer, you'll probably have to move far away to do so.

Great-Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Great-Wii
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

I would bring it

-------------------------------

i have a question im in 7th grade and 12(don't say stuff like your to lil and your arn't old enough im more mature than my age) and i have played games since i was 4 gaming runs throught my blood and i alwayhs wanted to make a game so i wanna be a game designer but can someone gimme a heads up about it i know most of the things you do as a game desighner though