question about the zelda universe- ganondorf (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

spoilers btw... for ocarina of time, with some wind waker and twilight princess (you would have to have beaten all those games)

anyway, ocarina of time introduced Ganondorf. It was my understanding that Ganon had assumed the form of ganondorf to assume the form of the legendary leader of the Gerudo,a group that recieves a male so rarely that it becomes the stuff of prophecy. Anyway, so ganon sees this as an opening, assumes the form of the leader (he looks obviously like a Gerudo) and then uses that position as a base to not only command, but also to weasel his way into hyrule under the guise of missions of diplomacy (since he's supposed to bethe Gerudo leader). My proof for Ganondorf being a false king is that the woman who eventually becomes the sage for the Gerudo allies with Link because she knows this to be the truth, and is also validated by the fact that the Gerudo are not an evil tribe, just a warrior tribe in the desert. If their leader of prophecy was supposedly Ganon, wouldn't they have to be evil? Anyway, Ganondorf is also unmasked in the final sequences, exposing Ganon as his true form. So, he was Ganon all along.

So why is Ganondorf so prominant both when he is sealed away at the end of ocarina, and then is the main villain in wind waker and twilight princess? There's like this Gerudo hanging around in those games where there isn't even a Gerudo tribe in those two games. To me it doesn't really make much sense.

M_Karter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 M_Karter
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts
I never thought about it that way, but it sounds strange when you point out those facts. Ganon should have taken different forms as he did in TP.
fredrancour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fredrancour
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts

Well, one of the few canon aspects of the zelda timeline is that OoT is basically the first game chronologically (i've heard Minsish cap might be before it, but I don't really know). I was under the impression Ganon was originally the human ganondorf and became super-powerful and practically immortal through the triforce of power he gets in OoT.

Shy-Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shy-Link
Member since 2005 • 291 Posts
Yes, Ganondorf became Ganon using the Triforce of power. What makes you think Ganon was a seperate entity? You think some monster took the place of Ganondorf? When was this hinted at in any way?
marth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marth678
Member since 2004 • 582 Posts
yea like he said minish cap was first... but in the end of oot link goes back to bveing a child so in zelda there are two time lines one with windwaker and one with tp i believe
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GunSmith1_basic

Yes, Ganondorf became Ganon using the Triforce of power. What makes you think Ganon was a seperate entity? You think some monster took the place of Ganondorf? When was this hinted at in any way?Shy-Link
no, I'm saying that ganon created ganondorf to infiltrate the gerudos to use them as pawns. He read their prophecy and took advantage. So ganondorf is just a disguise, he's not real.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GunSmith1_basic

Well, one of the few canon aspects of the zelda timeline is that OoT is basically the first game chronologically (i've heard Minsish cap might be before it, but I don't really know). I was under the impression Ganon was originally the human ganondorf and became super-powerful and practically immortal through the triforce of power he gets in OoT.

fredrancour

that's interesting, and probable I guess, but then why the transformation into Ganon? Is it just to symbolize his break from all his earthly ties and recieving that power? Makes sense I guess since he reverts to ganondorf when he's defeated and sealed away. Almost like becoming Ganon is like he gets into a fit of power and rage, like all the chips are down. And then he just reverts to ganondorf when he settles back to earth so to speak. And that means that the gerudos are wiped out for the later games.

Makes me wonder though, what of the race of pigs? There seems to be pigs that are mainly ganon's minions. Are they also transformed in some way? I'm thinking of Zelda 1 and Link to the past here (and maybewindwaker and TP). There seems to be pigs leading up to the big, mean pig, Ganon. Kind of like Bowser is king of the koopas, like the head of that proud race. That's the way I've always seen it. So, what's the deal with the pigs?

roflcopter616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roflcopter616
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

The most popular speculation is that there are two timelines after OoT (the first game in the series according the Miyamoto) Windwaker follows the time of adult link and TP follows when Link was a child.

So that would be two separate Ganons.

I think the pig form of Ganon is just him using the triforce of power. And just because a leader is evil doesn't mean the people have to be. Look at the world today.

And the pig people you're talking about are the Moblins.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GunSmith1_basic

The most popular speculation is that there are two timelines after OoT (the first game in the series according the Miyamoto) Windwaker follows the time of adult link and TP follows when Link was a child.

So that would be two separate Ganons.

I think the pig form of Ganon is just him using the triforce of power. And just because a leader is evil doesn't mean the people have to be. Look at the world today.

And the pig people you're talking about are the Moblins.

roflcopter616
So which is it??? Is ganon the illegitamit leader of the gerudo, or is ganondorf the illegitamit ruler of the moblins?
roflcopter616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roflcopter616
I think he's the legit (yet evil) ruler of the guerdos as implied.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

I would say Ganondorf is his real form, where as Ganon (being his feral pig form), is him transformed by the Triforce of Power. So him being a Gerudo in the games to come is simply because that's just who he is.

Shy-Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shy-Link
Member since 2005 • 291 Posts
In the end of Wind Waker, Ganondorf mentions being born in a desert with a harsh wind that brought death. Or something along those lines.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

The timeline is very confusing but I haveheard that one of the creators has a master document of how they all fit together we will have to wait for them to realease it or something or figure it out.

roflcopter616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 roflcopter616

The timeline is very confusing but I haveheard that one of the creators has a master document of how they all fit together we will have to wait for them to realease it or something or figure it out.

leegar88

We must raid Miyamoto's house.

Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts

spoilers btw... for ocarina of time, with some wind waker and twilight princess (you would have to have beaten all those games)

anyway, ocarina of time introduced Ganondorf. It was my understanding that Ganon had assumed the form of ganondorf to assume the form of the legendary leader of the Gerudo,a group that recieves a male so rarely that it becomes the stuff of prophecy. Anyway, so ganon sees this as an opening, assumes the form of the leader (he looks obviously like a Gerudo) and then uses that position as a base to not only command, but also to weasel his way into hyrule under the guise of missions of diplomacy (since he's supposed to bethe Gerudo leader). My proof for Ganondorf being a false king is that the woman who eventually becomes the sage for the Gerudo allies with Link because she knows this to be the truth, and is also validated by the fact that the Gerudo are not an evil tribe, just a warrior tribe in the desert. If their leader of prophecy was supposedly Ganon, wouldn't they have to be evil? Anyway, Ganondorf is also unmasked in the final sequences, exposing Ganon as his true form. So, he was Ganon all along.

So why is Ganondorf so prominant both when he is sealed away at the end of ocarina, and then is the main villain in wind waker and twilight princess? There's like this Gerudo hanging around in those games where there isn't even a Gerudo tribe in those two games. To me it doesn't really make much sense.

GunSmith1_basic

The games almost seem in no way connected. Miyamoto once said that the time line goes OoT, LoZ, and then ALttP. Which in my opinion, with no disgrace to Shigeru, but how does a race of creatures dissapear then comeback severly changed. What I mean is the Gorons.

In OoT the Gorons are relaxed and peacefull beings, that at times don't know there own streangth or don't watch where they are going. However there is no trace of these beings in the first Zelda game. And then in ALttP they appear to be mindless drones that only seem to exsist only to impeade the travel of those who journy up Death Moutten. So why and how to these guys dissappear? Unless in a new Zelda game it states that the Gorons where cursed by Ganon to go through de-evolution or cursed so that they are brainless minions of his I can only come to the conclusion that there is no real contecton.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GunSmith1_basic
I just watched gametrailers take on it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF8Ve2Dk6-0&mode=related&search=. Wow, where does TP fit into there? It would have to follow phantom hourglass, I guess
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
Ganondorf came first, I think most people are quite sure of that. Where does TP fit? That's hard to say. Ganondorf obviously has the triforce of power, so it's after OoT, but before WW since at the end of WW the triforce is reunited and take away from Zelda Link and Ganondorf and wished upon by the King. However, if this was the same Ganondorf that Link defeated in OoT, then you would think he would recognize him, realize he had the triforce of courage, and perhaps be a bit pissed, but he doesn't. It's all very confusing...
llama1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 llama1107
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts
I thaught Ganondorf, being one of the three in the triforce, was basically just a stereotypical representation of the good becoming corrupted with power, but in the end, good always wins. I think your over thinking it.
LINK2207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LINK2207
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts
All I have to say is that in OoT Ganandorf became Ganon, but not because he was originally ganon, but because he used the triforce of power to transform in hopes of killing link with this power. The probably just called him Ganon in reference to the older game where he was an actual monster. For this reason in WW he fights in his human form because he is human. TP is sorta like somewhere out there probably before OoT IMO.
Gangans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gangans
Member since 2007 • 1273 Posts

I thaught Ganondorf, being one of the three in the triforce, was basically just a stereotypical representation of the good becoming corrupted with power, but in the end, good always wins. I think your over thinking it.llama1107

No there is a central storyline. Ganondorf has his specific origins. I believe ganondorf is simply a regular man who became corrupted by power and subseqeuntly wanted more, finally getting his hands on the triforce of power and then trying to rule the known world for all time. But of course he is always foiled by a lone hero and a wise princess, a hero who is usually a different person each time, as is the princess.

TP is set after ocarina of time in on of the timelines, where link didn't go off to termina. But the link in TP is a whole new person, the skeleton warrior that teaches tp link his moves is in fact the ocarina of time link, or at least one of his ancestors.

When Ganondorf takes the form of Ganon, he is simply turning into the ideal most powerful form the triforce of power can bestow to an evil heart, which happens to be a pig-like creature. Moblins are simply minions of this beast, they are created by ganon to serve him.

Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts
[QUOTE="fredrancour"]

GunSmith1_basic

that's interesting, and probable I guess, but then why the transformation into Ganon? Is it just to symbolize his break from all his earthly ties and recieving that power? Makes sense I guess since he reverts to ganondorf when he's defeated and sealed away. Almost like becoming Ganon is like he gets into a fit of power and rage, like all the chips are down. And then he just reverts to ganondorf when he settles back to earth so to speak. And that means that the gerudos are wiped out for the later games.

Makes me wonder though, what of the race of pigs? There seems to be pigs that are mainly ganon's minions. Are they also transformed in some way? I'm thinking of Zelda 1 and Link to the past here (and maybewindwaker and TP). There seems to be pigs leading up to the big, mean pig, Ganon. Kind of like Bowser is king of the koopas, like the head of that proud race. That's the way I've always seen it. So, what's the deal with the pigs?

You mean Moblins? As they are only found in the early Zelda games and in the early GB game and if you go by Shigeru maybe the moblins are normal creatures that are transformed by ganon, similar to the Skull kids in the lost woods. Or maybe Ganon can is somewhat godly and can create creatures in his image.