Question about Metroid 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattbrw08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattbrw08
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
Is this game like the first two primes for gamecube. Where it seems you have to backtrack every second, or is it a game like hunters for the ds (which i personal think was the best) that there was hardly any back tracking?
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Are you talking about Super Metroid or Metroid Prime 3 ? Anyway... Yes, you do have to backtrack a alot in both games...
mattbrw08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattbrw08
i am talking about metroid prime, in the new game is their alot of backtracking? and if there is, is it annoying?
mattbrw08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbrw08
bump
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#5 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

there is backtacking, but not as much as the 2 prime's....so ya its there, but not as much.

how can you like Hunters over the Gamecube Primes?!!! :?

killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts

Coming from someone who found some of the backtracking to be annoying, its much better in Prime 3.

Some people talk about it like its the second coming, that backtracking is exploring a world and being involved. For me, its being lost with no clue of how to progress in the game, thus boredom.

The way Prime 3 is laid out you have a few different areas on a few different planets. So when you backtrack its not like in 1 & 2 where your looking at the map trying to find an elevator to a level with an elevator to the level close to where you need to go. You just find a ship point which is usually within a minute or so of walking, and just fly to the place you need to go.

Much nicer. IMO.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
Honestly, Prime 1 and 2 were amazing and well planned out games. The backtracking thing didnt bother me at all, except in prime 2 it got a little tedious, but mp3 is more straight forward. Unfortunately, it tells you every objective one after another, so the game seems to easy, i loved the lost feeling, thats what exploring was all about, finding places that your new upgrade allowed you to proceed. In this one, the upgrades seems more or less useless at times. somewhat, but otherwise, its still th ebest prime game.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

MP3 tells you what to do too much, even when you turn off the hints.

It wouldn't be Metroid without backtracking. I've always found it gratifying to get stronger, then go back through an area where the enemies gave me a lot of trouble, and give them some trouble. To all the people complaining about the backtracking, I'd like to know how you're supposed to make a non-linear game without backtracking.

jayfi33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#9 jayfi33
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
i didnt find it that bad at all, i am almost done with the game and there was only really one part where i got stuck and it was early onin the game. the map is really your best friend in this one. As long as you explore every possible area you cant really miss an objective. I like going back too and reaching the previously unreachable areas to see something new. Game is executed very well.
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

agreed! My biggest gripe is that they are too quick to tell you what comes next. I've been stopped many ties for somebody to tell me where to go next, only for them to bring up the map and show me the very room I'm in. It really makes it almost impossible to be lost for TOO long. This does make the game end a bit faster, but it's still enjoyable and harder difficulty adds a bit of replay to the experience.

But it's rarely an issue with me other than a small annoyance.

SuprSprtn-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuprSprtn-117
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

there is backtacking, but not as much as the 2 prime's....so ya its there, but not as much.

how can you like Hunters over the Gamecube Primes?!!! :?

chex81

yea seriously that's really weird kuz all my friends like the primes and i got the 3rd one and so far i raks!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

There is backtracking as always, and as always it's great! Bu it is streamlined and presented in an easier fashion than the other two GC games. It's FRIGGIN AMAZING and you should play it...trust me!!!!

Also, Hunters was absolutely fabulous, but to say it was better than Prime and Echoes is insanity. I'm sorry but I had to say that. SO get Corruption and enjoy!

han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 han_186
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
lol, tc, it's usually metroid prime > 2 > hunters