Proof(ish) That The September Surprise Isn't A Headset

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

It's at wwww.smashbros.com on today's announcement. SSBB, the game with the most people working on it at Nintendo, would make use of voice chat if the option was available. They're really trying to put everything in this game and they would no doubt include it. If the September Surprise was voice chat... then why do we have to communicate by speech bubbles?

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
I've seen speech bubbles before, and I'm pretty optomistic that there's gonna be voice chat available as an option, mostly if you don't like cheesy pre-set ones.
Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts
Text bubbles
peje89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 peje89
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
people reggie said that the surprise was for the wiconnect24 , you know probably a new channel or a new system update or something like that so the headset is out of the question
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
people reggie said that the surprise was for the wiconnect24 , you know probably a new channel or a new system update or something like that so the headset is out of the question peje89
where did you hear that?
Seth707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Seth707
Member since 2005 • 491 Posts
Even with a headset available, not everyone will want to buy one (whether it be money or just don't want it). The text bubbles could be the alternative for the people who do not want to use the headset. Even still, I don't expect the announcement to be a headset.
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

[QUOTE="peje89"]people reggie said that the surprise was for the wiconnect24 , you know probably a new channel or a new system update or something like that so the headset is out of the question icarus212001
where did you hear that?

Lol yeah

blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
Im betting the headset releases with Battalion Wars II or around the same time.
Xelioth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Xelioth1
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts
why do people even think that a headset is possible? the text bubbles, as harmless as they are, are only available in friend matches. Nintendo has gone out of their way to restrict communication between gamers as much as possible, so that predators are unable to use nintendo's console to get to kids, and many other reasons. why would anyone even THINK there would be a headset? apparently their future games ARE sticking to their no-talking policy, so whatever small hope you people have for a headset and no friend codes, just get over it. nintendo isn't marketting for those. there will be many more minor steps towards opening up communication lines long before a headset is a possibility.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
A headset would likely promote trash talk in a game like SSBB. Probably a headset will come out on a title in which players must collaborate with each other. The headset for the DS was released around the time of Pokemon Pearl/Diamond, it was just the perfect title for it.
Nomadandsuzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nomadandsuzie
Member since 2005 • 321 Posts
But if Nintendo has already given players a headset voice chat option for the DS, what would stop them from adding it quickly to the Wii?
DSandWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DSandWii
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The "September surprise" is probably just the Mii Contest channel. People took the comment out of context, in my opinion. For those that don't know where this whole thing originated here's the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eog0BEe0QsY, about 2:10 in it starts. Though I'd be fine with being wrong, if there is a surprise and it's more then the Mii Contest channel I'll be happy.
IceWarrior93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 IceWarrior93
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
I just want a headset, no text bubbles.