Pro Evolution Soccer is amazing...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I'm not even a huge soccer fan, but this game is insane. I can't believe the amount of depth in the special moves and the game itself. The control is great, and if they ever made a hockey game with this idea, I'd never leave my house!

I really would call it innovative, and I hope more sports games take note of this. I would gladly sacrifice the graphics for the gameplay on this one.

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

totally agree....ive played this game for so long i"o shock and horror" havent played as much brawl as i expected....

games amazing and kudos to konami for actually taking advantage of the wii remote and not just making it work on the gc controller....

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mau-Justice

Yea, I played Brawl for 1 day. Haven't put it in since...not that it's bad, but Call of Duty is an addiction. Been playing Pro Evolution like crazy though.

What are the online options for Pro Evo? I haven't even looked yet I just saw the invitational that you can play against friends. Can you play random matches too? I wonder if 2 players on the same tv gets confusing.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Its really fun, and im not a soccer fan. The only thing is defense is kind of hard.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

and, not surprisingly, GS has yet to review it

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

defence drives me crazy its mad.....its not ezy at all

nd for on9 u can go online and fight randomly(so far had 4 out of 5 totally lag-free matches)

or the friend code if u wanna edit a few options in the match

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mau-Justice

and, not surprisingly, GS has yet to review it

icarus212001

Yea, I was just looking at that. Wonder why, I think the Wii version is 8.5-9.0 worthy. For 40$ It's a must buy. I would have paid 50$ and been happy.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mau-Justice
Defense is a bit of a pain, I try and stick with slide tackles and intercepts. Try the offside trap, it works well.
ahahaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 ahahaG
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts
i was just reading on this game not long ago and i must say it looks pretty fun, i'll have to try it out
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mau-Justice

i was just reading on this game not long ago and i must say it looks pretty fun, i'll have to try it outahahaG

For 40$ it's too good to pass up. I love the coach like feeling of the play, but you still get that 1 on 1 control of a player. So it's the best of both worlds. I think this can be translated into any sport, Basketball, Hockey, Football...Baseball is about the only sport that this wouldn't work for.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's just an amazing game and once you play the Wii version every other version feels old and archaic.

The control it allows the users is just incredible and the best thing of all is that it doesn't take 5 series of button presses to make everything work. Instead everything flows so well that after a few times with each motion it comes as second nature.

While the defense is lacking a bit I do find that the more you play the more you can compensate for it.

jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts

im planning on getting it tomorrow :D

hows the online??

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jaysonguy

Haven't tried it

The part I like more then the head to head online is that the game sends your team to people on your friend's list and you can play your friend's team without them having to be there.

I love that part actually, more games should do that

GameOverKayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GameOverKayo
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts
Well you guys are casual football players so you might find this game amazing. I dont find it that good, infact I think the PS3 and 360 version is far better and has more options.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mau-Justice

Well you guys are casual football players so you might find this game amazing. I dont find it that good, infact I think the PS3 and 360 version is far better and has more options.GameOverKayo

I could have bought the 360 version, I'm glad I didn't. I think this innovation is a big step for sports games, I'd bet money you will see more of this in the future.

What is so much better? Just verifying you've acutally played the Wii version

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy
Since this is a good thread about a great game that doesn't get talked about enough can we keep the System Wars talk out of it?
GameOverKayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GameOverKayo
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

[QUOTE="GameOverKayo"]Well you guys are casual football players so you might find this game amazing. I dont find it that good, infact I think the PS3 and 360 version is far better and has more options.Mau-Justice

I could have bought the 360 version, I'm glad I didn't. I think this innovation is a big step for sports games, I'd bet money you will see more of this in the future.

What is so much better? Just verifying you've acutally played the Wii version

There were several simple options/mods removed from the game. You cant edit/customize players and make transfers so you can have the up-to-date roster. The defensive controls arent that good and just doesnt work out in matches against pros, you will have results such as 7-5 etc. The shooting has been casualized, you cant aim where you are shooting and cant control the power of the shot. This have made making goals much easier, specially with good strikers. The graphics could have been better, but I wont complain since that isnt as important as the other points I brought up.

This also doesnt belong in the system wars since the game is on the Wii and I am pointing out its flaws that the other multiplat versions didnt have.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice
Shot aiming is a non issue for me, I enjoy feeling like the coach and having control of your entire team. If that's the only complaints you have, I'd say the Wii version is still superior in my eyes. The level of control on the Wii version is far greater than that of an Xbox or Ps3 variant. I'm not here to argue though. Just telling everyone it's a great game, and I wouldn't hesitate picking it up.
frosty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frosty_shark
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
this game great! i would go as far as saying its the best football game av ever played! ok it has its flaws bt what game doesnt! people are forgeting that this it the 1st pro evo on the wii! not a bad try! now just think what the next 1 will be like.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Fantastic game indeed.
heroofwinds1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 heroofwinds1
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
i have been playing football games a lot of years and i believe that this game is the best and the most revolutionary of all.the other versions of the game get old very quiqly and have not something new to offer.wii controls are giving to football games a new feeling that made me love them again as if iam playing a football game for the first time..
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts

Since this is a good thread about a great game that doesn't get talked about enough can we keep the System Wars talk out of it?Jaysonguy

Ahem...

and once you play the Wii version every other version feels old and archaic. Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Since this is a good thread about a great game that doesn't get talked about enough can we keep the System Wars talk out of it?Packt

Ahem...

and once you play the Wii version every other version feels old and archaic. Jaysonguy

Of soccer, not of that game's versions. Like Strikers and such

I can see how it would look like that though lol