Pro Evolution 09 vs Fifa 09

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaucyManu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SaucyManu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Fifa 09 on the wii has adapted the point and click passing from pro evo and has been getting good reviews. Pro Evo 09 on the wii will come out later than the other versions and this time will actually allow you to control your defender. Both games have online modes as well. Which one do you think will be better. IMO soccer games on the wii are becoming the best console for soccer games.
SaucyManu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SaucyManu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hello?

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

hello?

SaucyManu

Hello.

Ronaldo27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Ronaldo27
Member since 2005 • 196 Posts
As far I understand, FIFA 2009 don't allow you to drag your off-ball players thus allowing you to really control the entire team instead of a single player with the ball. This is a major advantage PES has. I applaud EA Sports efforts in moving on their franchise but they still have to go much further.
com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 com2006
Member since 2006 • 901 Posts
pes2009 will be far better on Wii than fifa 09
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
I really would like to know, I'm planing on getting one for my father, he loves soccer. I'm leaning towards PES09.
il2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 il2
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Pro evo 09 without a doubt they've always been the one that have put more detail in the gameplay and that's what the wii version is mainly about, loads more control where you could do far more detailed gameplay with ease unlike the xbox and ps versions.

I really think this is one of the best games on the wii. It's brought football games to a new level. For the wii sport games should be naturally better on anyway due to its controls and now it's just starting to show on other games like Tiger Woods 09.

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
Fifa looks good this year, but I'm still leaning towards PES simply from past experience. And the fact that PES 08 was amazing on the Wii. I'm hoping the 'Become A Legend' mode, or whatever it's called, will be good in PES. Unfortunately, Fifa comes out this month and PES won't be out on Wii for many moons :(
Krauser_RE4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Krauser_RE4
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
I wouldnt get either of them tbh, there both average compared to fifa 09 on the xbox360/PS3?! Even fifa 01 on the playstation is better than them, thats kind of crap since they have come out almost 8 years after them games! Go with fifa 09 if you really want it on the Wii tough, PES doesnt even have the licenses for any of the premierships teams apart from man ure and liverfool. Fifa has nearly all the licenced leagues in the world and offers much better gameplay this time around.
Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

pro evo 09 without a doubt...even though they dont have all the official lisences they put in a huge effort on gameplay for the wii, while fifa 08 was miserable

Also fifa 09 has no dragging...i mean whats the point of ir sensors if u cant even tell ur players where to go..

Pro evo is still bringing classic soccer with help from the wii-mote..If i had to keep the wii for one game it would be pes 08 and im sure 09 will be a worthy edition...

and 2 whoever said getting them on ps3/360 is so much better...how long have u been playing these soccer games>???its become really stale for me playing pes on playstation with the same controls and little difference each time...i will still get it for pc;but for the wii pro evo is a massive change and its a breath of fresh air