Poll: Will you buy an external HD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

viva_havarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 viva_havarte
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts
with these new wiiware games coming out soon Nintendo is probably gonna release an external hard drive, will you get one?
Spongemario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 Spongemario
Member since 2005 • 1164 Posts
I think the definitive answer across the Internet is "yes."
no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
Yes, because eventually I am going to run out of memory.
Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nintendoes
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

I think the definitive answer across the Internet is "yes."Spongemario

Evidentially, one person thinks differently.

no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

[QUOTE="Spongemario"]I think the definitive answer across the Internet is "yes."Nintendoes

Evidentially, one person thinks differently.

Probably not a Wii owner lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

I voted yes but only because there is not a maybe option and I like to be positive. I'm definitely not going to be spending money in the VC so it really depends on the stuff that's released as WiiWare. If they decide to do some XBLA type stuff and redo old games kinda like they're doing with REZ and Ikaruga on 360 then yes definitely I'd get one. I'd also like to see a continuation of the Sonic Advance series on WiiWare. If it turns out to be a bunch of flopware then I'll pass.

Yeah yeah, FF and all that. Go nuts. I don't like RPGS, so that's not a selling point to me...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
If I need it, I'll buy it. Chances are very high that I'll need it if I want to continue buying VC games and the occasional WiiWare game when they start coming.
aeropride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aeropride
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts
i thnk across the board will be yea
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Yes, but I sure hope they make it connect via USB to ANY external hard drive. That way i can buy an enclosure and use a HD I have lieing around or something cheap. Not a proprietary "Nintendo" HD. I won't even settle for a 3rd party. I should be able to hook up my own.
dgbeard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dgbeard45
Member since 2003 • 989 Posts
Of course

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Yes, but I sure hope they make it connect via USB to ANY external hard drive. That way i can buy an enclosure and use a HD I have lieing around or something cheap. Not a proprietary "Nintendo" HD. I won't even settle for a 3rd party. I should be able to hook up my own.raahsnavj

Using your own HDD would definitely be the ideal solution but unfortunately I don't see it playing out like that. It'll end up being like the 360 HDD, a normal sata drive but locked down with software via wii system updates. I still say it depends on the calibur of stuff that's put on WiiWare as to if I even NEED one...

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nintendoes
They should make a hard drive because we want it. They should do it, because, uh, they said that the guy said that he didn't want to do it, one of the guys, but the director of Nintendo said that as long as people want to make it and people like us want it that there's never an end in sight, and- ugh - we want it obviously, I mean I'd actually buy a Wii if it had a hard drive. We want it, we want it. They should want to make it because we want it and we'd buy a system-I'd buy a system, even though with how expensive it is. It's one of the few things that would make me buy the system! I would buy a system, so I'm just saying. I don't know what you guys... Tell me what you guys think about that, alright, bye.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Yes. Not many people will say no.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]Yes, but I sure hope they make it connect via USB to ANY external hard drive. That way i can buy an enclosure and use a HD I have lieing around or something cheap. Not a proprietary "Nintendo" HD. I won't even settle for a 3rd party. I should be able to hook up my own.whoozwah

Using your own HDD would definitely be the ideal solution but unfortunately I don't see it playing out like that. It'll end up being like the 360 HDD, a normal sata drive but locked down with software via wii system updates. I still say it depends on the calibur of stuff that's put on WiiWare as to if I even NEED one...

Ya never know though. I mean, Nintendo is already using a standard external storage medium (SD cards) as opposed to a proprietary one, and they also chose to provide support for standard plug-and-play keyboards in the 3.0 Firmware update.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 raahsnavj

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]Yes, but I sure hope they make it connect via USB to ANY external hard drive. That way i can buy an enclosure and use a HD I have lieing around or something cheap. Not a proprietary "Nintendo" HD. I won't even settle for a 3rd party. I should be able to hook up my own.whoozwah

We both know that statement is correct. IF (and I agree with you again on that) it ever gets a hard drive, it will be locked down via some software on the actual HD interface controller. I should just accept that now so I don't get false expectations ever. And if they do make it like the SD interface, I will be really happy rather than expecting it. it would be really cheap for them though to just allow a Firmware update to take information from a USB drive though... only a software update and some cheap manufaturing plant that would open an external drive box, paint it white, put a Nintendo label on it and put it in a 'Nintendo Hard Wii' box. (they will have to work on the name though).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
[QUOTE="whoozwah"]

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]Yes, but I sure hope they make it connect via USB to ANY external hard drive. That way i can buy an enclosure and use a HD I have lieing around or something cheap. Not a proprietary "Nintendo" HD. I won't even settle for a 3rd party. I should be able to hook up my own.raahsnavj

We both know that statement is correct. IF (and I agree with you again on that) it ever gets a hard drive, it will be locked down via some software on the actual HD interface controller. I should just accept that now so I don't get false expectations ever. And if they do make it like the SD interface, I will be really happy rather than expecting it. it would be really cheap for them though to just allow a Firmware update to take information from a USB drive though... only a software update and some cheap manufaturing plant that would open an external drive box, paint it white, put a Nintendo label on it and put it in a 'Nintendo Hard Wii' box. (they will have to work on the name though).

the wii jokes never get old do they...:)

Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nintendoes
[QUOTE="raahsnavj"][QUOTE="whoozwah"]

I'll have to disagree...

Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts
wow someone actually said no. that poll should be 100% yes!
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
if demos come out then almost instantly that is if its under $100.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

They should make a hard drive because we want it. They should do it, because, uh, they said that the guy said that he didn't want to do it, one of the guys, but the director of Nintendo said that as long as people want to make it and people like us want it that there's never an end in sight, and- ugh - we want it obviously, I mean I'd actually buy a Wii if it had a hard drive. We want it, we want it. They should want to make it because we want it and we'd buy a system-I'd buy a system, even though with how expensive it is. It's one of the few things that would make me buy the system! I would buy a system, so I'm just saying. I don't know what you guys... Tell me what you guys think about that, alright, bye.Nintendoes

You just summed up the opinion of many Gamespot users.... on pretty much every subject! Gold medal goes to you. :lol:

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
I don't really like the prospect of buying additional hardware, especially additional hardware that is supposedly "optional" when really it's not, but the way I buy VC games, I'm going to need one. And likely, I'm going to need one before Nintendo actually puts one out. >_
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Depends. Price, build quality, need for one, amount of memory, all this plays into me getting one.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 raahsnavj
[QUOTE="whoozwah"]

Nintendoes

I'll have to disagree...

...must exert more effort to refrain...

fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
Yes definatley.
BL1NDS1DE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 BL1NDS1DE
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts
Yeah I've already run out of memory, having to shuffle games onto a 1gig sd card now
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34667 Posts
Not until I need it. I don't know yet if I will get any WiiWare games.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
If Nintendo makes one for the Wii then ill buy 1.
whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
yes, nintendo should have had one from the start..
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
If they did, I think I would.
miles--prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 miles--prower
Member since 2007 • 6658 Posts
yes i well buy it my wii memory is full not 100%:(
Avatar image for deactivated-5a7964634541e
deactivated-5a7964634541e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 deactivated-5a7964634541e
Member since 2007 • 1558 Posts
For me right now it all depends on how WiiWare will work out. If quality games are produced i'll buy them and eventually need and buy a hard drive. If not then no ill probably end up buying a 2 gig memory card and save myself some money
viva_havarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 viva_havarte
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts
I will buy one eventually, but only if it`s not too expensive
smithy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 smithy92
Member since 2005 • 896 Posts

Yes, but I sure hope they make it connect via USB to ANY external hard drive. That way i can buy an enclosure and use a HD I have lieing around or something cheap. Not a proprietary "Nintendo" HD. I won't even settle for a 3rd party. I should be able to hook up my own.raahsnavj

Couln't have said it better.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

I'd rather us SD cards more efficiently.

As of right now, I'm gonna say No. But that's only because I'm cheap, and I'm sure Nintendo would attempt to rip us off.

Avatar image for deactivated-600ef227aa623
deactivated-600ef227aa623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-600ef227aa623
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
i put yes but im not sure.