Poll: Is the games for the wii progressively getting worse or better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silent_step

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 silent_step
Member since 2009 • 73 Posts
This includes items such as the huge input of shovel ware, and remakes. A pretty high (Metroid, Zelda, Mario, SSBB, Mario Kart) release but...now what?
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

The Wii went from shovelware, to mini games, to rail shooters. Hopefully racing games are next because the Wii is severely lacking in that genre :P.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
It was getting worse, it seems to be getting slightly better, by the end of this year it shoud be average, but there are hardly any new Nintendo games this year...thats annoying.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I think the games are getting better, unfortunately, my wallet is getting thiner :-( Shovelware is not going to stop, at first I was able to follow up each game, now they release so many that is hard to be aware of many of the titles. Also, there are some players really absent from the platform and this can be because they are just not up to commit (e.g. Ubisoft is only bringing casual or games developed by other companies) or they actually don't think they have a proper market in the Wii for their main franchises (Soulcalibur, Tom Clancy's series, Burnout) So, I really hope that, as time passes, we see more quality efforts from those names that had been absent, but this will happen only if they see the proper support
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
If you are questioning the software library, of course it is getting better. More and more devs are increasing emphasis on the Wii. While this will generate more 'shovelware' it also improves the chances of good titles. The ratio (shovelware to high ranked) isn't what is important rather just the later. Now if you are talking about how the games play in comparision to other systems? that is a total SW topic and I won't bother with the comparisions.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

my measurement for games getting better is simply the number of good games released, rather than matching each game to the other. in this method, id say that the wii's library has been fairly even. nintendo put out a bunch of quality first party games in the earlier parts of the wii life cycle, but theyve since gone on a lull.however, there has been a recent surge of 3rd party support (im glad to see that on a nintendo console again) to pick up the slack. assuming the 3rd party support keeps up, id say theres a pretty optimistic future for the wii since nintendo is bound to release some more of its big franchises (zelda, anyone?).

silent_step

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silent_step
[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]If you are questioning the software library, of course it is getting better. More and more devs are increasing emphasis on the Wii. While this will generate more 'shovelware' it also improves the chances of good titles. The ratio (shovelware to high ranked) isn't what is important rather just the later. Now if you are talking about how the games play in comparision to other systems? that is a total SW topic and I won't bother with the comparisions. [/QUOTE Purely wii by itself. Personally, I haven't found a game to touch for over six months, I'm kind of sad but kind of dead on the inside as well...oh zelda how you had played me when you came out...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
It was getting worse, it seems to be getting slightly better, by the end of this year it shoud be average, but there are hardly any new Nintendo games this year...thats annoying.stike22
Well Nintendo could rush their games out, but then they would be shovelware. Nintendo always takes forever with development, as a long time Nintendo fan, you learn patience. The Wii is alot like the PS2, you have wade through the crap to find the gems. The only reason you didn't hear the same kind of talk that you hear about the Wii for the PS2 is because they had alot more quality 3rd party games, but much fewer 1st party titles, and of course there wasn't all this casual vs hardcore nonsense. In short. The games aren't getting better or worst, there are just a lot of good titles like MP3, NMH or Madworld in a sea of bad titles.
flarebrass13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flarebrass13
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

Well there seem to be a lot of good games coming out this year despite everyone constantly bickering about it. Third party support looks awesome so far this year and it looks to keep getting better.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stike22
Or Nintendo could buy some teams and work them like dogs...that would be nice...honesty last new nintendo game was Brawl...that was like 5 months ago, telling me they can't make a single game within a year...PS2 really isn't much like the Wii, Wii is king of Shovelware, PS2 was king of third party. Besides I have already completed all of Wii's really good games, the third party games are crap and last about a day or two...PS2 games at least took a week...what annoys me most is that time isn't an excuse for Nintendo, you have games like RESI 5 being made quicker then a Nintendo games bloody joke. Don't give a crap about Hardcore vs casuals but I wish casuals would have better standards for games, games today are to dead if you enjoy the games now then why aren't you playing them now instead of arguing with a hardcore? MP3 was out ages ago and it wasn't as good as the others, Madworld is pointless unless you only have a Wii, honestly my Wii's been sitting there for ages, only game played in this entire year is Brawl...all they need to do is remake or make a sequel to some of the old games on Gamecube or N64...thats all, instead they have wasted around 2yrs doing hardly anything but Shovel and about 2 good games...I really am desperate for a decent game, been waiting for Starfox for god knows how long, but it seems like Nintendo can only release on good game a year. And I have no interest in games I complete in a day, I have far too many games like that now, want one that actually lasts but I have clocked them all so Wii's dead for me until a decent game comes out. I plan on getting Metroid Prime 1 for Wii that will keep me happy for a time, after that its looking like another nice wait until the new Zelda comes out or something.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stike22
Or I could get some VC...I really don't like playing 2D games on the consoles today but pretty much only choice left. Besides theres about a hundred games I want...and then my guess is my Wii won't have any blocks left and I will start complaining about that...just can't be satisfied. THANK SHIGERU FOR WII HAVING VC ANYWAY!
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I think by the summer people will have a much more sunnier outlook on the Wii's future. Besides it can't get much worse :P

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stike22

I think by the summer people will have a much more sunnier outlook on the Wii's future. Besides it can't get much worse :P

firefox59
Lol...same...some games I have wanted to play for a long time. Arc Rise Monster Hunt 3 Conduit saw this in 2007 had a physics trailer as well, taken its time to come out. Where the hek is Pikmin 3...wasn't that supposed to be out like the beginning of this year...then Pikmin 1 came out instead...I don't think I am actually gonna get it but where is Pikmin 3? where are new Nintendo games? where the hek is Starfox? F-Zero? bunch of others that I can't be bothered to write because this will turn into a list. When they do come out though I will be very happy...unless they are all flops, in that case I think its time to write a hard physical letter to Nintendo in the form of a brick through there HQs left window...the one near Shigeru's office. Lol.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Way worse. I haven't gotten a new game for the Wii since Mario Kart (What was that? Like 4 months ago?).

Seems like Nintendo has been working too much on the DSi, and the new software.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stike22
[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Way worse. I haven't gotten a new game for the Wii since Mario Kart (What was that? Like 4 months ago?).

Seems like Nintendo has been working too much on the DSi, and the new software.

You poor *****, (like 7months) hahaha! you have actually made me feel good about my self now thanks. No only joking sorry to hear that mate, god its dead zone, well hears to us getting some good games eventually.
skullboy950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skullboy950
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

I personally think the lineup is getting worse, there is a lot more shovelware and a lot less good games than there was 2 years ago.

skullboy950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skullboy950
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

Also,the shovelware on the Wii is more comparable to the Atari 2600's shovelware than it is to thethe PS2's.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

If you want my two cents, the Wii's lineup from year to year since 2007 has gotten worse in my opinion. That's not to say that 2008 or 2009 were/will be bad years, respectively, but the start Nintendo jumped out to have left more to be desired in the following years. This year, without a high profile Nintendo game to lead the charge thus far, there hasn't been a single definite must-have game for the system yet. At least by this point last year, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Fit were all in that discussion. The third party lineup has improved slightly, but there's still a lot more bad than good there, as well. That being said, when you get peoples' hopes up with a lineup like Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, and Metroid Prime 3, just to name a few, in one year, it's going to be tough to top it later on. :P

silent_step

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silent_step
So true... Zelda really did take me for a spin... I'm going to sigh to myself now...
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I'd say it's overall the same, at least to me. The only difference is that the games coming out lately are 3rd party, and not 1st.

Tis a little mix up this year, because we have a nice list of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party coming out this year....but it all depends on if they are actually good games or not. And I'm not reffering to ports either...they are all garbage besides MP 1/2

I'm rooting for the under dogs though; Cursed Mountain, Rune Factory, and a few others. I'm really interested in that game by Hudson (if it is for the Wii). I think it's called "the Calling". That looked pretty neat.

hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Or Nintendo could buy some teams and work them like dogs...that would be nice...honesty last new nintendo game was Brawl...that was like 5 months ago, telling me they can't make a single game within a year...PS2 really isn't much like the Wii, Wii is king of Shovelware, PS2 was king of third party. Besides I have already completed all of Wii's really good games, the third party games are crap and last about a day or two...PS2 games at least took a week...what annoys me most is that time isn't an excuse for Nintendo, you have games like RESI 5 being made quicker then a Nintendo games bloody joke. Don't give a crap about Hardcore vs casuals but I wish casuals would have better standards for games, games today are to dead if you enjoy the games now then why aren't you playing them now instead of arguing with a hardcore? MP3 was out ages ago and it wasn't as good as the others, Madworld is pointless unless you only have a Wii, honestly my Wii's been sitting there for ages, only game played in this entire year is Brawl...all they need to do is remake or make a sequel to some of the old games on Gamecube or N64...thats all, instead they have wasted around 2yrs doing hardly anything but Shovel and about 2 good games...I really am desperate for a decent game, been waiting for Starfox for god knows how long, but it seems like Nintendo can only release on good game a year. And I have no interest in games I complete in a day, I have far too many games like that now, want one that actually lasts but I have clocked them all so Wii's dead for me until a decent game comes out. I plan on getting Metroid Prime 1 for Wii that will keep me happy for a time, after that its looking like another nice wait until the new Zelda comes out or something.stike22

PS2 still have a lot of more sholveware and flops than Wii...

rockerking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 rockerking9
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

I believe they are getting worse. They need to make some Tom Clancy or other fun games like that. The sports games are difinitely getting worse. I just had a birthday and got a lot of money, but now I don't have anything to spend it on besides Nintendo DS games.

obleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 obleon
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts

much worse last good games where super smash and mario kart for me :S

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Or Nintendo could buy some teams and work them like dogs...that would be nice...honesty last new nintendo game was Brawl...that was like 5 months ago, telling me they can't make a single game within a year

are you forgetting Mario Kart, wii fit, wario land shake it, animal crossing CF, wii music, mario super sluggers, and the wii makes?

...PS2 really isn't much like the Wii, Wii is king of Shovelware, PS2 was king of third party. Besides I have already completed all of Wii's really good games, the third party games are crap and last about a day or two...

Maybe you should do some research, and find th egood third party games

PS2 games at least took a week...what annoys me most is that time isn't an excuse for Nintendo, you have games like RESI 5 being made quicker then a Nintendo games bloody joke

Resident evil 5 took over 2 years to be made. Some nintendo games take longer than that, but most of their games take the same time or less.

. Don't give a crap about Hardcore vs casuals but I wish casuals would have better standards for games, games today are to dead if you enjoy the games now then why aren't you playing them now instead of arguing with a hardcore?

The use of the word harcore, not in "quotation marks" :shock:

MP3 was out ages ago and it wasn't as good as the others, Madworld is pointless unless you only have a Wii, honestly my Wii's been sitting there for ages, only game played in this entire year is Brawl

Well theres your problem. Maybe you should go and get another game.

...all they need to do is remake or make a sequel to some of the old games on Gamecube or N64...thats all,

Done

instead they have wasted around 2yrs doing hardly anything but Shovel and about 2 good games

So MP3, Brawl, Galaxy, Mario Kart, Animal crossing, punch out, sin and punishment 2, and other games that are in development/ games that have been released in the last 2 years, means that nintendo is hardly doing anything?

...I really am desperate for a decent game, been waiting for Starfox for god knows how long, but it seems like Nintendo can only release on good game a year.

I refer you to what i said above, i am pretty sure that they release more than 1 good game a year.

And I have no interest in games I complete in a day,

Then don't buy those games

I have far too many games like that now,

hmmm, which ones exactly?

want one that actually lasts but I have clocked them all so Wii's dead for me until a decent game comes out.

Do some research to find games that you will like

I plan on getting Metroid Prime 1 for Wii that will keep me happy for a time, after that its looking like another nice wait until the new Zelda comes out or something.

Maybe the wii isnt for you, and you should not have bought it. You should have figured out which games you like, and which system has those best games. So it is all your fault that you are dissappointed with the wii

stike22

Slippy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Slippy7
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts

about the same for me...2008 was a good year and it's kind'ave stepping down a little bit so not as good as 2008 but about the same overall

silent_step

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silent_step

[QUOTE="stike22"]Or Nintendo could buy some teams and work them like dogs...that would be nice...honesty last new nintendo game was Brawl...that was like 5 months ago, telling me they can't make a single game within a year

are you forgetting Mario Kart, wii fit, wario land shake it, animal crossing CF, wii music, mario super sluggers, and the wii makes?

...PS2 really isn't much like the Wii, Wii is king of Shovelware, PS2 was king of third party. Besides I have already completed all of Wii's really good games, the third party games are crap and last about a day or two...

Maybe you should do some research, and find th egood third party games

PS2 games at least took a week...what annoys me most is that time isn't an excuse for Nintendo, you have games like RESI 5 being made quicker then a Nintendo games bloody joke

Resident evil 5 took over 2 years to be made. Some nintendo games take longer than that, but most of their games take the same time or less.

. Don't give a crap about Hardcore vs casuals but I wish casuals would have better standards for games, games today are to dead if you enjoy the games now then why aren't you playing them now instead of arguing with a hardcore?

The use of the word harcore, not in "quotation marks" :shock:

MP3 was out ages ago and it wasn't as good as the others, Madworld is pointless unless you only have a Wii, honestly my Wii's been sitting there for ages, only game played in this entire year is Brawl

Well theres your problem. Maybe you should go and get another game.

...all they need to do is remake or make a sequel to some of the old games on Gamecube or N64...thats all,

Done

instead they have wasted around 2yrs doing hardly anything but Shovel and about 2 good games

So MP3, Brawl, Galaxy, Mario Kart, Animal crossing, punch out, sin and punishment 2, and other games that are in development/ games that have been released in the last 2 years, means that nintendo is hardly doing anything?

...I really am desperate for a decent game, been waiting for Starfox for god knows how long, but it seems like Nintendo can only release on good game a year.

I refer you to what i said above, i am pretty sure that they release more than 1 good game a year.

And I have no interest in games I complete in a day,

Then don't buy those games

I have far too many games like that now,

hmmm, which ones exactly?

want one that actually lasts but I have clocked them all so Wii's dead for me until a decent game comes out.

Do some research to find games that you will like

I plan on getting Metroid Prime 1 for Wii that will keep me happy for a time, after that its looking like another nice wait until the new Zelda comes out or something.

Maybe the wii isnt for you, and you should not have bought it. You should have figured out which games you like, and which system has those best games. So it is all your fault that you are dissappointed with the wii

alexh_99

You create a good arguments to counter people. But that's just it...this topic is to gather ideas on what people think about the wiis progression, and the problem is, in their opinion there isn't anything they want out their for the wii. And since they paid for the wii, they have an equal opinion about what direction it is heading in. Especially with the line up it shared at the beginning. High hopes deflated by the gravity of mediocrity, or maybe just elongated hope... In any case, each of these people are right in their own way because they are who they are.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alexh_99
[QUOTE="silent_step"] You create a good arguments to counter people. But that's just it...this topic is to gather ideas on what people think about the wiis progression, and the problem is, in their opinion there isn't anything they want out their for the wii. And since they paid for the wii, they have an equal opinion about what direction it is heading in. Especially with the line up it shared at the beginning. High hopes deflated by the gravity of mediocrity, or maybe just elongated hope... In any case, each of these people are right in their own way because they are who they are.

Yes everyone does have there own opinion, but if he is complaining that the wii has no good games (besides brawl). Then he should not have got a wii in the first place. He should have looked at other options, and figured out which system would have been the best. and there are a ton of third party software out there. I am pretty sure at least one other game would please him if he just looked instead of complained
rolfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rolfboy
Member since 2006 • 1137 Posts
As far as 2008 was concerned, it had 3 big titles (one of them being outdated and another one being casual) and No More Heroes, De Blob, and World of Goo, and City Folk if it counts for anything. This year seems to be the opposite, many games that are pretty good, but no big titles (unless you count the Conduit). But between... House of the Dead OK Deadly Creatures Rune Factory Frontier Marble Saga Kororinpa Excitebots Punch-out Wii Madworld Final Fantasy: Echos of Time Sin & Punishment 2 Cursed Mountain Wii Sports Resort Little King's Story Muramasa: The Demon Blade Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicals The Conduit... and more, 2009 looks to be MUCH more balanced, and better overall than 2008.
Avatar image for crushinator3000
crushinator3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 crushinator3000
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I just wish there were more fighters and GOOD basketball games

silent_step

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silent_step
[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="silent_step"] You create a good arguments to counter people. But that's just it...this topic is to gather ideas on what people think about the wiis progression, and the problem is, in their opinion there isn't anything they want out their for the wii. And since they paid for the wii, they have an equal opinion about what direction it is heading in. Especially with the line up it shared at the beginning. High hopes deflated by the gravity of mediocrity, or maybe just elongated hope... In any case, each of these people are right in their own way because they are who they are.

Yes everyone does have there own opinion, but if he is complaining that the wii has no good games (besides brawl). Then he should not have got a wii in the first place. He should have looked at other options, and figured out which system would have been the best. and there are a ton of third party software out there. I am pretty sure at least one other game would please him if he just looked instead of complained

True. I bought a wii just for the Zelda game when it first came out...I just assumed at that time it would have a pretty good release like gamecube sort of did. But how could anyone forsee Nintendos alteration in their marketing scheme which broaden their scopes so much? I'm not complaining but I think I'm worthy to that entitlement of deflated hope for such a bright and overpriced ebay item of a system.
ratm247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 ratm247
Member since 2005 • 303 Posts

the wii hasnt had a seriously good game released for it for almost a year now. they had mario kart, smash bros, galaxies, etc and now nothing. as well, everything i was looking forward to is bombing on reveiws everywhere, like tenchu, dead rising, onechambara. shake it, world at war, and madworld are like the only ok loking wii games that dont involve a fake guitar.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#32 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I have no games I want for 2009 for the Wii so far.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alexh_99

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="silent_step"] You create a good arguments to counter people. But that's just it...this topic is to gather ideas on what people think about the wiis progression, and the problem is, in their opinion there isn't anything they want out their for the wii. And since they paid for the wii, they have an equal opinion about what direction it is heading in. Especially with the line up it shared at the beginning. High hopes deflated by the gravity of mediocrity, or maybe just elongated hope... In any case, each of these people are right in their own way because they are who they are. silent_step

True. I bought a wii just for the Zelda game when it first came out...I just assumed at that time it would have a pretty good release like gamecube sort of did. But how could anyone forsee Nintendos alteration in their marketing scheme which broaden their scopes so much? I'm not complaining but I think I'm worthy to that entitlement of deflated hope for such a bright and overpriced ebay item of a system.

The wii so far has had amazing releases. The big 3 (Galaxy, brawl, and MP3), and many others.

When you chose to buy a next gen system, you have to see what games are coming out for each one. Yes you are correct, not many people would have seen the wii being a huge hit, and bringing new people into gaming. But you still know what nintendo will offer.

You knew there was brawl, Mp3, galaxy, zelda. And you could assume that mario kart, super paper mario, star fox, pikmin, animal crossing, and others would come. If your not interested in those games, then you bought the wrong system. So there is no need to complain because it is your faul that you bought the wrong system for yourself.

I know your not complaining, im gearing this more toward the original poster that i quoted.

silent_step

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silent_step
I was happy for those returners...I guess what everyone is saying about the lack of third party developers was true after all... hmm... In any case, I don't regret getting a wii but I'm curious if I should sell it or not. I had enjoyed the experience but it makes for an awkward paper weight. So either sell it or pray to the third party developer gods...
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#35 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
Oh, it has gotten worse. I could rant about this all day, but I'll try and keep it short. When I first started working at GameStop, in August 2007 when people didn't seem to realize that the Wii existed there weren't that many crap casual games on it. But after Christmas 2007 I noticed many more Deal or No Deal, Jenga, Imagine, Hasbro Family Game Night etc. type games coming out. Now there are about 7 good games along side a lot of BAD casual stuff stocking the shelves.
wetwilli64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wetwilli64
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

lol

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#37 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ok first off its not like you paid 600 ,,

so right now you got your money worth ,, and then some,

lets not forget, wii had a perfect or near perfect 07 , -06 was ok , , better then gc i can assure you that,

and 08 wasnt really that bad i mean come on we got 1 game a month from nintendo that year,

as any nint fan ,, or video gamer in general we should know nintendo makes most of the great games on each of their systems out side vb, laugh at it,

but ya,

and 3rd party support on wii is better then gc,

could care less of the shovel ware, i call em bargin bin titles they fit it more lol

and i found quite of alot of good so called shovel ware, fun wise,

and thats all that matters to me, fun , options etc graphics were the last thing i think about in any shape or form ,

even on ps3 360 , do you think id play guitar hero or banjo kazooie if i were a graphic cant say lol,

graphadict there thats ok for now lol,

if i were that, seriously i dont think i could have fun ,

who plays 100s of fps games and not get bored,

real now dont be oh , their mature ,oh ther hard core,

because obviously not they are just simply called violent video games,

that does not make them any more hard core then super mario galaxy or zack and wiki , , they are just aimed at adults, some are teen s

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Getting better, of course!

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts

lol

wetwilli64

lol. I don't agree with the entire graph but most of it is accurate :P

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

I think wii games are getting better, the variety as well as the content. Last year might not have been a great year in terms of 3rd party support but I think a lot of devolpers are coming to the wii and we've seen the results in the games that are being released this year.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
How on earth could a console get worse? Have any great Wii games been discontinued? Have wiis started to break down? Of course not! There are more good games out now then there were in the past, therefore the Wii is now better.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#42 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I think it's getting a lot better. There's so many games that I'm excited for this year that it's crazy.

eduardomatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 eduardomatus
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

IMO games are getting worse, 3rd party devs found out that making cheap, shallow games or ports are selling well on the wii, look at its library (you dont even have to compare it to anything else) the games hardly achieve an 8 some of the games that do are multiplats where the wii version is the worse, like CoD: WaW wich i bought for wii and im very disapointed to get a bad copy of the ps360 version. Aparently the only one that can make decent games for wii is nintendo and all they do is rehash the same formula of its games over and over, look at mario kart for example or ever worse the wiimakes of old games

the game library is getting worse by the second. When i bought wii(before my ps3 and 360) i had a lot of hope for games like red steel or wii sports or racing games but most of them where so bad i mean look at the launch titles FFS!

So basically my opinion is wiimakes + shovelware + few spaced good 1st party = BAD

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

ok first off its not like you paid 600 ,,

so right now you got your money worth ,, and then some,

lets not forget, wii had a perfect or near perfect 07 , -06 was ok , , better then gc i can assure you that,

and 08 wasnt really that bad i mean come on we got 1 game a month from nintendo that year,

as any nint fan ,, or video gamer in general we should know nintendo makes most of the great games on each of their systems out side vb, laugh at it,

but ya,

and 3rd party support on wii is better then gc,

could care less of the shovel ware, i call em bargin bin titles they fit it more lol

and i found quite of alot of good so called shovel ware, fun wise,

and thats all that matters to me, fun , options etc graphics were the last thing i think about in any shape or form ,

even on ps3 360 , do you think id play guitar hero or banjo kazooie if i were a graphic cant say lol,

graphadict there thats ok for now lol,

if i were that, seriously i dont think i could have fun ,

who plays 100s of fps games and not get bored,

real now dont be oh , their mature ,oh ther hard core,

because obviously not they are just simply called violent video games,

that does not make them any more hard core then super mario galaxy or zack and wiki , , they are just aimed at adults, some are teen s

mariokart64fan
... why can you post posts like that but i cant make an effing paragraph that doesn smush into another paragraph?
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

It's not a progression or a regression, it's a CYCLE.

Nintendo released a whole **** load of great titles within a relativley short period of time, so now we have to wait for more new ones.

If you'll remember the time before the Wii came out was pretty low on Nintendo games, and then we got a whole bunch - its a cycle.

silent_step

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silent_step

So does a console having a cycle absolve it from making its audience wait a year or more for the primary company to make those games that everyone will play?

Every console has a cycle, but that doesn't mean it can still produce good games between the 'cycles'. So let me see here, PS 3 and 360 already released their giant titles (of course there are a few left but generally...) but they still release big titles like Dead Space, Fallout, and others.

I can't necessarily agree that a console can produce less than average games 'overall' because they had released all the titles their first party would publish.

Hell by that reasoning, I should just rent the wii if we are going on a cycle instead of owning one.