please help, cursor jumps when hits edge of screen :S

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DriftRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DriftRS
Member since 2004 • 3491 Posts

hi guys, really need some help here. When I aim the wiimote of screen, just as it hits the edge of one side it jumps in about 3cm back onto the screen, like it re-calibrated the position, it then lets me aim of the screen with the new calibration. But then if I aim of the other side of the screen, it does the same thing. On the main menu it isn't a big deal, but I just rented red steal, and the cursor keeps jumping when I aim to the edge of the screen to turn. It's VERY annoying, does anyone know anything about this? It could be a wierd setting in the wii setttings somewhere :S

jibjab003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jibjab003
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

hi guys, really need some help here. When I aim the wiimote of screen, just as it hits the edge of one side it jumps in about 3cm back onto the screen, like it re-calibrated the position, it then lets me aim of the screen with the new calibration. But then if I aim of the other side of the screen, it does the same thing. On the main menu it isn't a big deal, but I just rented red steal, and the cursor keeps jumping when I aim to the edge of the screen to turn. It's VERY annoying, does anyone know anything about this? It could be a wierd setting in the wii setttings somewhere :S

DriftRS

theres a setting on the wii settings that alows you to colaberate ur wiimote with ur tv so try to find that menu and do it/

hope that helped (sorry if there spelling mistakes, tired waiting for SSBB site to update) 

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
It does that if you go too far off the screen, or you move it too fast off of the screen, since it's not pinpoint like a light gun or anything, it's gonna do that.  Just try not to venture your gun arm too far.  I know what you mean too, I was angry cause I kept dying :(. 
ThePerspective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ThePerspective
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Do you have any bright light sources to the right and left of the TV?  You should go through your Wii main settings menu and check the sensitivity.  You may be registering additional reference sites with lamps or candles in the room, which may cuase the remote to "re-center" based on these other light sources.
HULKMANIA_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HULKMANIA_001
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts
i also have a similar problem...my wii mote on the main screen shakes alot! even at a still position...this also happens wen trying to type on that virtual keyboard its very frustrating! good thing it didnt do this in ZELDA:TP aiming with the bow was rather smooth....any one know why it does this?
Fighter_of_Foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Fighter_of_Foo
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
You're probably too close.
benben04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 benben04
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts
if you get too far away from the sensor bar the cursor will start to shake and skid alot. Move closer to stop the shaking, although this problem seems to be worse on the home screen than in games.