played muramassa?... is it good?... should it be purchased?...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slotheater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 slotheater
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts
seriously debating picking up this game despite the mediocre score?... odin sphere was outstanding...
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
If you enjoyed Odin Sphere,I'm pretty sure you'll like this one also. Anyway,I'll wait until the price drops,wich shouldn't be so long
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
thats what im learning to do with 3rd party games
slotheater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slotheater
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts
lol but it looks so fun
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
lol but it looks so funslotheater
if you want the game, then get it. dont let us change your mind if thats how you feel. ive never played it.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

It's fun. It is a bit on the repetitive side, though. There's not much more to it than killing enemies, bosses and upgrade your character with xp and swords.

izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts

I picked it up yesterday and i am loving it. The combat lacks depth because it's simple and repetitive but if you play on the hard mode (Shura) you need to defend and evade more. Even though the combat is repetitive, it's still fun to just hack n slash and admire the backgrounds at the same time. I haven't play odin sphere but I'll be getting it soon.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Lack of depth and repetitive...hmmm I'll wait for a price drop just to admire the backgrounds.
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
i seem to be all over these Muramasa threads, but anyways....i really enjoy this game. the battle mechanics are repetitive, but i still find myself looking through the screens for more fights. it takes no time to level up and it is rewarding to upgrade your swords. i like that the two characters upgrade swords individually and jointly after a certain amount of game time lapses. i wish i could equip more than just one of the accessories at a time (you can accumulate a large amount). levels are beautiful, gameplay is fun, bosses are unique and awesome, story is forgettable.....glad i picked this one up.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
the game is great the most beautiful stages out of any 2d game this year on any system and its fun it would been fun if a little more was added in but between the fun combat,cooking,forgeing, and exploring the game is nearly perfect thats why on gameranking the score is 8.7
Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

The game is beautiful,that's for sure...It doesn't lack depth on hard mode(because as the name suggests,you need to dodge and defend far more often),and the story is pretty fun...

I don't agree with gamespot's review as I believe it docked way too many points on too few things...That is my opinion and GS has theirs..

I.for one,have finished the game once with one of the 2 possible storylines,and am trying to get all the 6 endings now...I was really surprised with how good this game was,so i would definitely reccomend it.

oleface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 oleface
Member since 2004 • 435 Posts

The game is beautiful,that's for sure...It doesn't lack depth on hard mode(because as the name suggests,you need to dodge and defend far more often),and the story is pretty fun...

I don't agree with gamespot's review as I believe it docked way too many points on too few things...That is my opinion and GS has theirs..

I.for one,have finished the game once with one of the 2 possible storylines,and am trying to get all the 6 endings now...I was really surprised with how good this game was,so i would definitely reccomend it.

krato_sephiroth

i agree! but its a gamethe would not probaly sell because we wii owners only wantgamesfrom the nintendo team and will lose another good third party!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
seriously debating picking up this game despite the mediocre score?... odin sphere was outstanding...slotheater
mediocre? where? people are getting too picky with scores... under the 7.5 it clearly says "good". and GS review is not law, much less the numbers they give to describe a game. read more reviews.
everlong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 everlong12
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

I will tell you right now, I love the game and critics are paid too much. Honestly the best critic is you. If its your style of game, love the visuals and maybe have a trusted friend to back up some of the hype I would go for it. I'm not gonna tell you to buy it or not but trust your gamer instinct. Critics are just people who get paid to do what I'm doing right now, giving my opinion (that will be 5000 dollars) kidding.

My critique would be visually stunning, easy but fun game controls, classic side scroll adventure and an amazing story. Buy this, but like I said its really up to you.