Perfect Game for the Wii...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts

I think a game that "simulated" the life of a medieval soldier would rock IMO.

You started off as a simple peseant with your sword and normal shield and you would get called to fight in sieges in something like medieval total war but you control a single soldier and would have to obey your generals.

But as you progressed in the game you would advance in rank and able to get better armor, swords, shields even be able to go in solo missions as an spy or an assassin.

And In between missions you could visit your home city and interact with people and get married.

But there's want thing, I wouldn't like magic in the game as this is supposed to be a "simulation" game.

EDIT: I forgot the motion controls! Obviusly the would imply using the wiimote as the sword and the nunchuk as the shield but now I can't think of any use of the buttons

feel free to post your opinions

Did you like my idea?

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
Sounds like a solid foundation for a game. I feel that there aren't enough games that are set in that period of time, so it would probably be pretty cool.
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 luisen123
bump
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
the idea sounds cool... if given to the right person, it could work. but...unfortunately the Wii is saturated with less than par games
antiredcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 antiredcap
Member since 2007 • 1757 Posts
I like your idea very much! Pity the 3rd dev companies cant come up with any decent ideas!!!
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

I think its really cool. But in order to be good it would rely heavily who does this game.

Also it would ahve to be extremely long and try stay away from petty jobs to be "filler."

Also if its possible to have a multiplayer which involves fencing, jousting and all those one on one fights that knights fought in.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
This is the type of game Retro Studios could make seeing as they're *sadly* taking a break from Metroid.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

This is the type of game Retro Studios could make seeing as they're *sadly* taking a break from Metroid.Erebyssial

thats a good thing. I think there should only be one main Zelda/ Mario/ Metroid game each generation. Meaning that these games are meant to be developed for and focused on for years.

I hope retro is making a brand new and original game, something akin to what the TS is suggesting would be great.

I suggested a caveman game before that was heavily involved in that kind of atmostphere where you advance in primitive technology, grow food, hunt food, defend your village from sub human monkeys/other villages/dinosaurs, and you try and make your village grow.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

As long as the game has some kind of motion controls beyond the "motion instead of a button press" (like in Zelda), then it would be great. Like 1:1 sword movement would be great. Otherwise I think something of that scale would be better off on a more powerful machine like 360 or PS3.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
... *Resists temptation of argueing about games being better on a console just because it's "more powerful"* ...
sage215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 sage215
Member since 2005 • 143 Posts

Zone of the Enders remake for the nintendo WII.

Black for Nintendo Wii with online play.

Chrono series.

Time Crisis (excluding the new one)

Fight Night

Armored Core

Berserk (Sega Dreamcast game)

Shinobi

Socom (OR something like it at least)

Star Wars Battlefront

Simulation Racing Game Like Gran Turismo because I love cars and because Im a grease monkey on Honda-tech.com

Avatar image for fireemblemgamer
fireemblemgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fireemblemgamer
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
excellent idea. it would be really cool if it was first person perspective and the quests allowed you to choose your weapon of choice, and if you wanted to be mounted. That would be really cool.
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 luisen123

Zone of the Enders remake for the nintendo WII.

Black for Nintendo Wii with online play.

Chrono series.

Time Crisis (excluding the new one)

Fight Night

Armored Core

Berserk (Sega Dreamcast game)

Shinobi

Socom (OR something like it at least)

Star Wars Battlefront

Simulation Racing Game Like Gran Turismo because I love cars and because Im a grease monkey on Honda-tech.com

sage215

did you read my post?

actionquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 actionquake
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
I like the idea of starting out as a lowly soldier who has to follow orders. It would be cool if your advancement occured non-linearly depending on how well you played, you could spend the whole campaign as a low level soldier or you could progress up the ranks to become a knight, then a general. One play through you might experience a battle as a foot soldier, the next time through as a general.