Opinions on Dance Dance Wii... (poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts
I see this game sitting at a local Wal-Mart and I've been curious as to how it is. I know I'll be turning off the wiimote functions, but is it a good game otherwise? I'll probably buy both 1 and 2 for the 2 player functionality. I don't have any intention of getting a playstation, so that aside are the games themselves pretty good song selection wise and game wise? The GS review was a little off-putting. 5.5 is pretty low... But is the gameplay similar enough to the other games in the series that it at least makes up for the obviously lazy port job? If somebody could give some insight, it'd be appreciated.
JRYAN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 JRYAN34
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
I have always enjoyed the Dance Dance series both on the 360 and the Wii. It is the type of game where you play it a lot and then gradually stop playing it, but overall I personally think it is a buy. You dont really play it constantly all day or anything, but for an hour or so a day and you wont get sick of it.
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

I love the DDR series on the PS2. It's especially fun when there's two people competing.

It's good exercise, too. An hour of DDR on the Light setting can burn 400 calories!

I find that it's good to have 3 or 4 games in the series, because the track listing can get boring after the 50th play though.

As far as the Wii title goes... as long as the track list appeals to you and the dance pads work, you'll like this game. True, the graphics weren't greatly improved, but to be honest, they're not all that great on the PS2 either. You'll be focusing on the arrows more than the backgrounds, anyway.

DDR: Hottest Party 1

DDR: Hottest Party 2

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I'm pretty interested in this title as I started with DDR Mario Mix and now wanted something for the Wii. Thanks for the comments!
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

I'm pretty interested in this title as I started with DDR Mario Mix and now wanted something for the Wii. Thanks for the comments!enrique_marrodz

I love Mario Mix! But yes, if you like DDR, then you should enjoy the Wii games. DDR hasn't changed much through the years, so if you enjoy the overall formula, then I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

I got hooked on DDR from the wii version and own both HP 1 & 2 and Mario Mix. I also occasionally play supernova on the ps2 but I enjoy the wii versions better. My biggest complaint is that there are only 51 songs on each hottest party release and over 70 songs on the other console versions.

Out of the games I have I probably enjoy HP2 more simply because I enjoy the song list. I also do workout mode with hands turned on because it counts more calories. I turn hands off when I'm going for AAA's because I find it easier