#OperationPlatinum - Let's prove 3rd parties wrong!

#1 Posted by hanman9 (374 posts) -

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d4fk5P8G_ao

And an update:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKvm8f2og8

I love this idea... Spread the word, share with other forums on other sites, even in system wars ( i would create a topic there aswell but i need >500 posts, so if someone else could that would be great)...

This may be one of the only chances Wii U owners have in proving these turd parties that we DO buy mature rated games, just NOT crappy X360 ports with no dlc etc. months after the other console releases at full price!

#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (38081 posts) -

You're a fool, a spamming fool

The reason third party games aren't on the Wii U is because it's a weak system with a weak online infrastructure.

No one wants inferior games with less features.

#3 Posted by Jaysonguy (38081 posts) -

By the way, let me break down this Mensa level argument.....

"HEY EVERYONE BUY GAMES YOU DON'T WANT SO DEVS WILL MAYBE MAKE GAMES YOU WANT"

Idiots

#4 Posted by roboccs (7404 posts) -

Petitions never work... And don't tell me operationrainfall is the reason the 3 RPGs were released on wii because I'll never believe it.

#5 Edited by mariokart97 (868 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

By the way, let me break down this Mensa level argument.....

"HEY EVERYONE BUY GAMES YOU DON'T WANT SO DEVS WILL MAYBE MAKE GAMES YOU WANT"

Idiots

Jaysonguy you're just a troll who floats around the Nintendo forum despite not being a Nintendo fan. Clearly.

And you never responded on the other thread. Remember, the one where you said the main advantage of PS4 and Xbox One is that they "can run engines that won't run anywhere else". Funny, PC bro. Destroys the entire concept of these next-gen twins.

And then you said they have "entertainment apps". So let me break down the reality so you can see things for how they really are:

PC- Graphics, PC can run engines that PS4 and Xbox One and Wii U cannot. Don't even try to argue that. I'll bring in some PC elitists if you really wanna go down that road.

Nintendo- Unique exclusives produced by Nintendo's internal subsidiaries. Don't argue that either because everyone knows that if there is one thing that Nintendo does right is produce quality software.

PS4/Xbox One- "Entertainment apps" all in one package. Wooo entertainment apps that could be purchased separately so the next gen twins offer nothing new to the world.

Ya know, cause I wanna play a game and also watch Netflix on the same screen. Cause I'll be paying attention to both? Haha I can't even, that's just pathetic. Come back with some real next gen visuals like we were promised. Haha can't even do 1080p 60fps.....

#6 Posted by mariokart97 (868 posts) -

"You mean besides games that you can't play anywhere else with engines that don't run anywhere else and tons of entertainment apps that increase the overall value?

I'll wait for you to reply as you have your Hulu Plus chug on the Wii U"

-Jaysonguy

It's pretty pathetic that your console twins would rather make GAMING consoles "entertainment platforms".

It's one thing to have something like say Netflix, and another to just ignore the fact that they're meant to PLAY GAMES. Even 360/PS3 were better about it.

#7 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4887 posts) -

Just tell your friends about Bayonetta 2 instead of a spreading a useless petition about the game. Those who are interested will buy it. Those who aren't interested shouldn't.

The only good thing about petitions is the fact they become annoyingly overexposed and end up bringing attention to the game, whether or not that was their initial goal. However, Bayonetta 2 already has a lot of attention considering the amount of praise and hate it has gotten for being a Wii U exclusive and the fact it has gotten its own spotlight for the past two E3s. Operation Platinum won't change anything. Whether it sells well entirely depends on how serious Nintendo is to advertise it and how many Wii U owners are interested.

#8 Posted by JordanElek (18126 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

"HEY EVERYONE BUY GAMES YOU DON'T WANT SO DEVS WILL MAYBE MAKE GAMES YOU WANT"

This is basically all that needs to be said. I omitted the direct insults, but really, it's hard to talk about this without at least implying that people who laud this thing haven't thought it through.

#9 Edited by hanman9 (374 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: First of all, im not spamming... Just doing my bit to help with the cause.

Second.... Did you even watch the video? What you said is correct in a sense that no one wants inferior games with less features, the online infrastucture still needs a bit of work... Agreed. But what you said about the system is false. You know as well as i do that Wii U can produce some great looking games provided the effort has been put in. But your comment is precisely what i would expect to hear from a trone (troll/drone)...

If third parties put the effort in, I would definately buy their games... Activision made an effort to start with... A good example is COD BLOPS 2 which had good use of gamepad with multiple controller options and a decent online experience (far less 12 year old 'mature' gamers screaming abuse btw. The problem was the install base wasn't there, with Wii U getting off to a slow start, and most ppl bought it on PS360. Then COD Ghosts turned out to be a lacklustre unoptimised port, because they seen no point in the extra effort.

As time went on, other third parties started slacking off aswell, such as Ubisoft, losing patience with its slow momentum, with little effort or care in porting to Wii U, resulting in crappy ports which were late, lacking in the features the other systems got such as online, dlc and even fully priced against the cheaper, earlier released versions for PS360. I won't be surprised if Watch Dogs gets swept under the rug... And if it is released, i still won't be buying it out of principle.

Ubisoft shafted Wii U owners from the start with Rayman Legends, but that title proved in itself that even though it got delayed so that they could make a better return, Wii U owners bought the most copies... Because it was developed with the WiU's exclusive features in mind. Quality sells... They proved it themselves. It probably would've sold even more on Wii U had they teleased it first when scheduled THEN ported to PS360. But instead they decided to release it around the holiday when3D world was getting released followed by DKC:TF.

But now it's our fault when their shitty ports get bumped by us because we don't take kindly to their BS lies.

This is when i as a gamer give up on these third parties.... When they give up on us as consumers.

They should just say... "Hey Wii U owners, Nintendo once had a stronghold on us as companies back in the 80's... Now it's OUR turn, but the difference this time is... The consumers get fucked... Not us, not Nintendo (coz they can manage on their own btw) but you...the consumer. If you wanna play our games, you have to own another system on top of the one you already own. And by the way, we'll manipulate the gaming media aswell by buying positive reviews for our rushed to deadline incomplete (on the surface), 'AAA' games, then unlock the other half as dlc a few months later.... Then annually throw out the same game for the next 5 years."

How does that grab you?

Me... I'll stick to quailty titles made with the console's strengths in mind. And i'm pretty sure every supporter of the movement feels the same way.

#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (38081 posts) -

@hanman9 said:

@Jaysonguy: First of all, im not spamming... Just doing my bit to help with the cause.

Second.... Did you even watch the video? What you said is correct in a sense that no one wants inferior games with less features, the online infrastucture still needs a bit of work... Agreed. But what you said about the system is false. You know as well as i do that Wii U can produce some great looking games provided the effort has been put in. But your comment is precisely what i would expect to hear from a trone (troll/drone)...

If third parties put the effort in, I would definately buy their games... Activision made an effort to start with... A good example is COD BLOPS 2 which had good use of gamepad with multiple controller options and a decent online experience (far less 12 year old 'mature' gamers screaming abuse btw. The problem was the install base wasn't there, with Wii U getting off to a slow start, and most ppl bought it on PS360. Then COD Ghosts turned out to be a lacklustre unoptimised port, because they seen no point in the extra effort.

As time went on, other third parties started slacking off aswell, such as Ubisoft, losing patience with its slow momentum, with little effort or care in porting to Wii U, resulting in crappy ports which were late, lacking in the features the other systems got such as online, dlc and even fully priced against the cheaper, earlier released versions for PS360. I won't be surprised if Watch Dogs gets swept under the rug... And if it is released, i still won't be buying it out of principle.

Ubisoft shafted Wii U owners from the start with Rayman Legends, but that title proved in itself that even though it got delayed so that they could make a better return, Wii U owners bought the most copies... Because it was developed with the WiU's exclusive features in mind. Quality sells... They proved it themselves. It probably would've sold even more on Wii U had they teleased it first when scheduled THEN ported to PS360. But instead they decided to release it around the holiday when3D world was getting released followed by DKC:TF.

But now it's our fault when their shitty ports get bumped by us because we don't take kindly to their BS lies.

This is when i as a gamer give up on these third parties.... When they give up on us as consumers.

They should just say... "Hey Wii U owners, Nintendo once had a stronghold on us as companies back in the 80's... Now it's OUR turn, but the difference this time is... The consumers get fucked... Not us, not Nintendo (coz they can manage on their own btw) but you...the consumer. If you wanna play our games, you have to own another system on top of the one you already own. And by the way, we'll manipulate the gaming media aswell by buying positive reviews for our rushed to deadline incomplete (on the surface), 'AAA' games, then unlock the other half as dlc a few months later.... Then annually throw out the same game for the next 5 years."

How does that grab you?

Me... I'll stick to quailty titles made with the console's strengths in mind. And i'm pretty sure every supporter of the movement feels the same way.

You're clueless

1. It is spam

2. The Wii U is weaker than the other consoles, by a large margin.

3. Rayman Legends didn't sell best on the Wii U

You want devs to put the effort in. You want devs to create games for the powerful consoles then take extra time to tone down the games so they can run on weaker hardware. So you're willing to pay more money for all of that? Because if you think people should work harder and not get any kind of return then you're insane.

Also it's laughable that you think the Wii U versions would ever be worth it.

"Hmmm, what do I want? Do I want to be able to pick my loadout from my touchpad or do I want to have 48 people in my multiplayer game?"

#11 Posted by hanman9 (374 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: 1. As a Wii U gamer im supporting something that MAY ALSO benefit YOU as a Wii U owner, but call it what you like pal.

2. Tell me where i said otherwise... Because i don't recall disagreeing with you on that account... I merely stated it can put out "great looking games provided the effort has been put in."

3.And yes it did:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-rayman-legends-outsells-origins-week-one-by-20-per-cent-in-uk-chart

And your last comment is just plain stupid mate.... Of course i want devs to put the effort in, they tone down games fine for PS360 without a fuss. As i explained in my long post.... I'm willing to put my hard earned cash on the table for a product that's been worked hard on by devs to make it of the quality i expect as a consumer.... I'm sure every avid gamer, whether Wii U owners or not feel the same way...

I bought a Wii U because it provides something different... Something most third parties can't be arsed with.... Just Lazy and uninspired, poor products mostly.

However, I think they could be worth it, if just tried somewhat... Maybe then Wii U owners would find it worthwhile to buy their products. But i've had enough of the PR BS... "Business decision" due to such a low install base (more than XBone tho) not powerful enough (but more powerful than PS360) and Wii U owners don't buy third party games... (Even though Wii U owners have a very high attach rate eg. http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/19/shovel-knight-developer-claims-wii-u-has-very-high-game-attach-rate/)

Proof again that quality sells.... In this case an indie game.

So I've said my piece, ....And yeah... You are a trone as i suspected from your original response and im done here.

#12 Edited by Jaysonguy (38081 posts) -

@hanman9 said:

@Jaysonguy: 1. As a Wii U gamer im supporting something that MAY ALSO benefit YOU as a Wii U owner, but call it what you like pal.

2. Tell me where i said otherwise... Because i don't recall disagreeing with you on that account... I merely stated it can put out "great looking games provided the effort has been put in."

3.And yes it did:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-rayman-legends-outsells-origins-week-one-by-20-per-cent-in-uk-chart

And your last comment is just plain stupid mate.... Of course i want devs to put the effort in, they tone down games fine for PS360 without a fuss. As i explained in my long post.... I'm willing to put my hard earned cash on the table for a product that's been worked hard on by devs to make it of the quality i expect as a consumer.... I'm sure every avid gamer, whether Wii U owners or not feel the same way...

I bought a Wii U because it provides something different... Something most third parties can't be arsed with.... Just Lazy and uninspired, poor products mostly.

However, I think they could be worth it, if just tried somewhat... Maybe then Wii U owners would find it worthwhile to buy their products. But i've had enough of the PR BS... "Business decision" due to such a low install base (more than XBone tho) not powerful enough (but more powerful than PS360) and Wii U owners don't buy third party games... (Even though Wii U owners have a very high attach rate eg. http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/19/shovel-knight-developer-claims-wii-u-has-very-high-game-attach-rate/)

Proof again that quality sells.... In this case an indie game.

So I've said my piece, ....And yeah... You are a trone as i suspected from your original response and im done here.

1. Spam is spam

2. I can't be bothered to argue that point, let's call it a stalemate

3. That's one week sales in the UK. Do you have a weaker region you could show me? Do you have the third week Antarctica sales numbers? Overall (including regions that matter) Rayman sold best on the Sony platform.

As far as good money and all that you made a bad investment. No matter what devs do they can't make the Wii U versions compare to what is there elsewhere. You're asking companies to make inferior products, that's wrong.

I don't know why you like things that aren't as good but that's your right. My big problem is when you spam with an idiotic idea and want others to throw their money away.

#14 Posted by bunchanumbers (2783 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@mariokart97 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

By the way, let me break down this Mensa level argument.....

"HEY EVERYONE BUY GAMES YOU DON'T WANT SO DEVS WILL MAYBE MAKE GAMES YOU WANT"

Idiots

Jaysonguy you're just a troll who floats around the Nintendo forum despite not being a Nintendo fan. Clearly.

Whenever there is a WiiU thread, you can expect JasonTroll to come in and shit all over it with his stupid nonsense. Even responding to his idiocy should be avoided.

He is the resident Nintendo hater. Whatever the post is he will show up and spew anti nintendo propaganda. He'll tell you that you're a sucker if you buy the refurbished Wii U. He'll tell you the games suck. He'll tell you the console is weak. It'll never end. I don't even know why he is here but you'll hear it no matter what.

As for 3rd party developers they will make a game on a Casio watch if it sells 2 million copies. No one cares to admit it but if Zombi U sold over 2m copies they would be making a sequel. Same with tons of other games. They'd be lining up to make games for Wii U if their game was guaranteed 2 million sales. Look at Bravely Default. 1 million sales and its the surprise megahit.

#15 Edited by lamprey263 (25619 posts) -

I just plan on getting Bayonetta 2 because if it's anything as enjoyable as the first then I'm going to be one satisfied gamer... and hey, getting the first Bayonetta game with it for free will just make it even better. We don't need to create social media hype to support this, being organically and vocally joyful about our experience with the game will be all the word of mouth this game will need. Just don't celebrate in silence.

#16 Posted by thehig1 (3352 posts) -

It's just not worth the expense and effort, there's not as many wii u consoles out there as ps4 and xbox one.

Then the massive hardware difference, lower specs and potentially having to create something to make the wii u pad useful.

It's a lot if effort for little payback

#17 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (8173 posts) -

There was already a thread about this. I would give you a link, but I can't find it in the forum. Maybe it was deleted.

Anyway, I'm already planning on getting Bayonetta for Wii U. It looks like a fantastic game and I want to support the developer for all the hard work they put into it. If 3rd parties bring the games I want to Wii U, I'll buy them.

#18 Edited by KBFloYd (14751 posts) -

im buying bayonetta 2 but only because it looks good to me.

if this game didnt interest me like wonderful 101 then i still wouldnt buy it.

its not our fault 3rd party isnt there people. its nintendos fault.

#19 Posted by Jaysonguy (38081 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

its not our fault 3rd party isnt there people. its nintendos fault.

We agree.....scary lol

#20 Posted by mariokart97 (868 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

@hanman9 said:

@Jaysonguy: First of all, im not spamming... Just doing my bit to help with the cause.

Second.... Did you even watch the video? What you said is correct in a sense that no one wants inferior games with less features, the online infrastucture still needs a bit of work... Agreed. But what you said about the system is false. You know as well as i do that Wii U can produce some great looking games provided the effort has been put in. But your comment is precisely what i would expect to hear from a trone (troll/drone)...

If third parties put the effort in, I would definately buy their games... Activision made an effort to start with... A good example is COD BLOPS 2 which had good use of gamepad with multiple controller options and a decent online experience (far less 12 year old 'mature' gamers screaming abuse btw. The problem was the install base wasn't there, with Wii U getting off to a slow start, and most ppl bought it on PS360. Then COD Ghosts turned out to be a lacklustre unoptimised port, because they seen no point in the extra effort.

As time went on, other third parties started slacking off aswell, such as Ubisoft, losing patience with its slow momentum, with little effort or care in porting to Wii U, resulting in crappy ports which were late, lacking in the features the other systems got such as online, dlc and even fully priced against the cheaper, earlier released versions for PS360. I won't be surprised if Watch Dogs gets swept under the rug... And if it is released, i still won't be buying it out of principle.

Ubisoft shafted Wii U owners from the start with Rayman Legends, but that title proved in itself that even though it got delayed so that they could make a better return, Wii U owners bought the most copies... Because it was developed with the WiU's exclusive features in mind. Quality sells... They proved it themselves. It probably would've sold even more on Wii U had they teleased it first when scheduled THEN ported to PS360. But instead they decided to release it around the holiday when3D world was getting released followed by DKC:TF.

But now it's our fault when their shitty ports get bumped by us because we don't take kindly to their BS lies.

This is when i as a gamer give up on these third parties.... When they give up on us as consumers.

They should just say... "Hey Wii U owners, Nintendo once had a stronghold on us as companies back in the 80's... Now it's OUR turn, but the difference this time is... The consumers get fucked... Not us, not Nintendo (coz they can manage on their own btw) but you...the consumer. If you wanna play our games, you have to own another system on top of the one you already own. And by the way, we'll manipulate the gaming media aswell by buying positive reviews for our rushed to deadline incomplete (on the surface), 'AAA' games, then unlock the other half as dlc a few months later.... Then annually throw out the same game for the next 5 years."

How does that grab you?

Me... I'll stick to quailty titles made with the console's strengths in mind. And i'm pretty sure every supporter of the movement feels the same way.

You're clueless

1. It is spam

2. The Wii U is weaker than the other consoles, by a large margin.

3. Rayman Legends didn't sell best on the Wii U

You want devs to put the effort in. You want devs to create games for the powerful consoles then take extra time to tone down the games so they can run on weaker hardware. So you're willing to pay more money for all of that? Because if you think people should work harder and not get any kind of return then you're insane.

Also it's laughable that you think the Wii U versions would ever be worth it.

"Hmmm, what do I want? Do I want to be able to pick my loadout from my touchpad or do I want to have 48 people in my multiplayer game?"

It's funny that you never respond to me on any thread that I quote you and prove you wrong.

Remember when you said that the Xbox One and PS4 "run engines that don't run anywhere else". Huh, you remember that?

You're right no one wants multiplats that are inferior. Guess what, all consoles are inferior graphically to the PC. Your little wanna be PC console twins strive for graphics as literally their only appeal, and PC always destroys them. I'll bring in some PC elitists if you wanna go down that road.

And in defense you claim that PS4 and Xbox One "have entertainment apps that increase their overall value". Hahaha that's pathetic bruh. So they provide "entertainment apps" that could be purchased separately and really bring nothing new to the table.

Everyone knows you are some butthurt troll trying to bank on the time that the Wii U is the underdog.

And no, the Wii U does compete graphically.

How many of your PS4 and Xbox One games run at 1080p 60FPS? Huh? Answer me please and tell me how your "next-gen" systems are truly next-gen.

I'll wait for you to respond as you watch Netflix and play COD at the same time.....

#21 Edited by KBFloYd (14751 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

@KBFloYd said:

its not our fault 3rd party isnt there people. its nintendos fault.

We agree.....scary lol

we havnt butted heads in a while :) feels good.

yea man...i blame nintendo. not the consumers. i still plan to be nintendo only as far as consoles go and i will be nintendo fanboy but i can see whos mostly at fault and its them.

they treat 3rd parties like trash...they dont lobby to get dlc on their games like black ops 2 and ghosts...wth nintendo thats a big middle finger to us regrading your 3rd party support.

#22 Posted by mariokart97 (868 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@KBFloYd said:

its not our fault 3rd party isnt there people. its nintendos fault.

We agree.....scary lol

we havnt butted heads in a while :) feels good.

yea man...i blame nintendo. not the consumers. i still plan to be nintendo only as far as consoles go and i will be nintendo fanboy but i can see whos mostly at fault and its them.

they treat 3rd parties like trash...they dont lobby to get dlc on their games like black ops 2 and ghosts...wth nintendo thats a big middle finger to us regrading your 3rd party support.

I know Nintendo is at fault partially too. I'm not that much of a fanboy.

I just wish that people would give Nintendo some credit for atleast still making great games, or the benefit of the doubt or anything other than this doom and gloom surrounding them. yeah they made some mistakes, all companies do. i just know that Nintendo will have learned a lot from the Wii U just like they did with the Gamecube.

Their next home console must be in the works by now and I'm sure they're going about things differently.

#23 Edited by Jaysonguy (38081 posts) -

@mariokart97 said:
@KBFloYd said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@KBFloYd said:

its not our fault 3rd party isnt there people. its nintendos fault.

We agree.....scary lol

we havnt butted heads in a while :) feels good.

yea man...i blame nintendo. not the consumers. i still plan to be nintendo only as far as consoles go and i will be nintendo fanboy but i can see whos mostly at fault and its them.

they treat 3rd parties like trash...they dont lobby to get dlc on their games like black ops 2 and ghosts...wth nintendo thats a big middle finger to us regrading your 3rd party support.

I know Nintendo is at fault partially too. I'm not that much of a fanboy.

I just wish that people would give Nintendo some credit for atleast still making great games, or the benefit of the doubt or anything other than this doom and gloom surrounding them. yeah they made some mistakes, all companies do. i just know that Nintendo will have learned a lot from the Wii U just like they did with the Gamecube.

Their next home console must be in the works by now and I'm sure they're going about things differently.

This problem has been around since the N64, nothing has changed.

It would be one thing if they switched gears and did things differently but they haven't, they've compounded the problem each generation to the point that this generation devs aren't even on the fence. They're just coming right out and saying "no we will not support you"

#24 Posted by mariokart97 (868 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

@mariokart97 said:
@KBFloYd said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@KBFloYd said:

its not our fault 3rd party isnt there people. its nintendos fault.

We agree.....scary lol

we havnt butted heads in a while :) feels good.

yea man...i blame nintendo. not the consumers. i still plan to be nintendo only as far as consoles go and i will be nintendo fanboy but i can see whos mostly at fault and its them.

they treat 3rd parties like trash...they dont lobby to get dlc on their games like black ops 2 and ghosts...wth nintendo thats a big middle finger to us regrading your 3rd party support.

I know Nintendo is at fault partially too. I'm not that much of a fanboy.

I just wish that people would give Nintendo some credit for atleast still making great games, or the benefit of the doubt or anything other than this doom and gloom surrounding them. yeah they made some mistakes, all companies do. i just know that Nintendo will have learned a lot from the Wii U just like they did with the Gamecube.

Their next home console must be in the works by now and I'm sure they're going about things differently.

This problem has been around since the N64, nothing has changed.

It would be one thing if they switched gears and did things differently but they haven't, they've compounded the problem each generation to the point that this generation devs aren't even on the fence. They're just coming right out and saying "no we will not support you"

What about Itagaki at Valhalla? He says it's been great to work with Nintendo. Is he just wrong? Completely and utterly wrong to want to develop Devil's Third on Wii U?

And Yacht Club games the devs for Shovel Knight have also said Nintendo is good.

#25 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4887 posts) -

@mariokart97: Most 3rd party developers who get along with Nintendo are Japanese. Nintendo has had and still has difficulties getting support from many Western developers.

#26 Posted by mariokart97 (868 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@mariokart97: Most 3rd party developers who get along with Nintendo are Japanese. Nintendo has had and still has difficulties getting support from many Western developers.

Well it turns out I prefer Japanese developers...hmm just my preference, so maybe that's why it isn't a big deal to me. I do like western devs but only devs like Rareware have equaled my love for the Japanese development style.

And if Japanese devs get along with Nintendo, why can't western ones do the same??

#27 Edited by superbuuman (3240 posts) -

3rd parties have already been proven right ...go back to The Wonderful 101 - all accounts a Nintendo type of game ...yet it flops so hard - no one barely knows about it. :P Sorry but gotta agree with the white cat on this one. :P