One thing so far missing in SMG, and missing from past 3D Mario games...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
his Fireball.

anyone kinda upset about that?  his fireball attack was a mainstay in most, if not all, all the 2D Mario games... but since he went 3D... has been missing.  the only thee fireball appearance i have seen in Mario games since the last 2D Mario game on SNES has been his fireball special in MKDD, in New Super Mario Bros (while a Mario game that has 3D graphics, is still only played in a 2D plane like past 2D Mario games), and Super Smash Bros (original and Melee; but this series is not Mario focused as the other two).

with SMG coming... i kinda hope that the Mario Fireball shows up for its triumphant return.  being able to shoor fireballs 1) in a 3D world and 2) with the Wiimote would have to pwn.  what do you guys think?
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
I agree for that and I'll add the invincibility power with the star. I think both have been missed since Super Mario World. 
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
wasn't the star in Mario 64? i'm pretty sure that atleast the Mario 64 DS had the star.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I really never noticed untill now and I do agree we need them back.
nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts
his Fireball.

anyone kinda upset about that?  his fireball attack was a mainstay in most, if not all, all the 2D Mario games... but since he went 3D... has been missing.  the only thee fireball appearance i have seen in Mario games since the last 2D Mario game on SNES has been his fireball special in MKDD, in New Super Mario Bros (while a Mario game that has 3D graphics, is still only played in a 2D plane like past 2D Mario games), and Super Smash Bros (original and Melee; but this series is not Mario focused as the other two).

with SMG coming... i kinda hope that the Mario Fireball shows up for its triumphant return.  being able to shoor fireballs 1) in a 3D world and 2) with the Wiimote would have to pwn.  what do you guys think?
c0mplex
I'm not really upset about it, i'm happy with how the previouse games turned out, but i agree that fire mario on the wii could be really sweet.
holgersson1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 holgersson1988
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts
Yeah I've thought of that quite a lot, hope they return.
Thul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thul
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts
I want Yoshi back too.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

I want Yoshi back too.Thul

Well it's not like he's been missing, you could ride him in Sunshine.

katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 katamari
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts
I never realised that until now!! Can't believe I didn't notice!¡!¡ I agree with you. BRING BACK THE FIREBALL!!!!!!
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I'd rather they just create a new franchise to take over 3D platforming and leave Mario to 2D. Aside from the character model, there's nothing really tying the 3D games to Mario.
weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

SSBM had fireball...but it would be cool to integrate the fireball w/ SMG, maybe some kinda FPS scheme that acually works....what if they use a lock on feature like on Metroid

Nah, that wont happen...