Ok, this is getting annoying

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Knoxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Knoxer
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts
Why does changing every name for each game such a huge hassle? You do it for almost every PC game out there! And hardly anyone complains about it. So why are you guys crying about it for the Wii? Because Xbox ans PS3 get their own names? Oh boo hoo! Look stop whining about it and get used to it. If you have friends in one game and wanna play in another than ask them for their name in that game... if it's anything like a forum than people can't use the same name twice, or it just goes by friend code.

But please think of the children, and stop complaining!
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
What are you talking about?
Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
It just gets repetative typing in code after code.....a Gamertag like Xbox Live would work a lot better.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Why does changing every name for each game such a huge hassle? You do it for almost every PC game out there! And hardly anyone complains about it. So why are you guys crying about it for the Wii? Because Xbox ans PS3 get their own names? Oh boo hoo! Look stop whining about it and get used to it. If you have friends in one game and wanna play in another than ask them for their name in that game... if it's anything like a forum than people can't use the same name twice, or it just goes by friend code.

Knoxer

I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Other people seem to though.
Superlink517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Superlink517
Member since 2004 • 1849 Posts
I honestly don't care. If I'm playing a stranger, then I'm playing a stranger; it doesn't really matter if I have their code or I play them randomly. If I'm playing a friend, then I really don't have any trouble swapping codes.
_christoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _christoph
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

i think they should just ask you for you age and if you are under 13 then you have to use friend codes if you are older than you should be able to play with others on a server.

sure somepeople could lie about their age but nintendo cant say they didnt try to stop the 40 year old pedo from talking with the 11 year old boy.

thats why they use fc so that there is no risk of inappropriate behaviour shown to little kids. if you ask me i think nintendo thinks all their customers are 6 years old.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

i think they should just ask you for you age and if you are under 13 then you have to use friend codes if you are older than you should be able to play with others on a server.

sure somepeople could lie about their age but nintendo cant say they didnt try to stop the 40 year old pedo from talking with the 11 year old boy.

_christoph

Nice. :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 9344891
Member since 2005 • 133 Posts

This could change and be more avatar based with a systwm up date. If not most of my live play is with random strangers so what is the huge deal

kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts

the big deal is having to register friend codes

i dont care if i know your name while playing online though its nice to know it but if i have to go online get friend codes and add them then im annoyed

though itd be nice if there was an online game out first for me to complain about lol

Knoxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Knoxer
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts

If you are talking about online.THERE ARE NO NAMES FFS, ITS ALL CODES.. NO UNIFIED GAMER TAGS... AT ALL, 12(or so) DIDGET CODES FOR EVERY GAME TO PLAY ONLINE. LOTS OF HASSLE FOR A DAMN CONSOLE, NO ONE COMPLAINS ON PC CAUSE OF THE KEYBOARD... STFU NOOB

If you're that lazy why are you playing a Wii? It still does not matter, most likely they will have a name system somehow...
Avatar image for YusukeUnleashed
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YusukeUnleashed
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts
I don't think that we should assume that its going to be a huge hassle. Its possible that nintendo will make it easier with a new channel or something like that. I'm probably being optimistic but ill give nintendo the benefit of the doubt.
zombey1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 zombey1333
Member since 2005 • 415 Posts

Man, oh, man, it's so complicated entering in a few numbers. Next thing you know you'll be expected to do other frivolous activities, like tieing  your shoes instead of velcro.

Joking aside, if it's a big enough deal, try expressing your concerns to Nintendo, not a random game-based forum that they're more than likely not even glancing towards.

KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts
I don't mind unique names for each game, although numbers are much harder to remember....
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
[QUOTE="Knoxer"]Why does changing every name for each game such a huge hassle? You do it for almost every PC game out there! And hardly anyone complains about it. So why are you guys crying about it for the Wii? Because Xbox ans PS3 get their own names? Oh boo hoo! Look stop whining about it and get used to it. If you have friends in one game and wanna play in another than ask them for their name in that game... if it's anything like a forum than people can't use the same name twice, or it just goes by friend code.

Duckman5

agreed
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
putting them in once for a game is fine by me, what would be annoying is having to put it in each time you played
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

[QUOTE="Knoxer"]Why does changing every name for each game such a huge hassle? You do it for almost every PC game out there! And hardly anyone complains about it. So why are you guys crying about it for the Wii? Because Xbox ans PS3 get their own names? Oh boo hoo! Look stop whining about it and get used to it. If you have friends in one game and wanna play in another than ask them for their name in that game... if it's anything like a forum than people can't use the same name twice, or it just goes by friend code.

Duckman5

Me too and it is getting annoying. I have to DO somehting b4 i can play online OMG...yea it's tidious but it's honestly not that bad...

Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

putting them in once for a game is fine by me, what would be annoying is having to put it in each time you playedkidrock17xp

Thats what i was thinking but i figure even if you do it's only numbers. Once you get the hang of typing with the remote its not that bad and i'm sure they'll have a keyboard eventually...

MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts

Knoxer
??? PC games have a browser that lets you see tons of servers where joining a different game is at the press of a button. xbox/ps3 have an account system and a game browser.

face it. the wii friend code system is crap. you have to go through a pain-in-the-ass process of adding a long, drawn-out code, and in order for you to even play that person, they have to add you. i dont see why nintendo couldnt have just had a game browser like normal games these days do.

think about the children?? what about them, im sure the friend code system is way to damn complex for 'children' to even understand.