Oh Sweet Rumours

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d0bc5893bf2
deactivated-57d0bc5893bf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-57d0bc5893bf2
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/08/23/ds-daily-oh-sweet-rumors/

I love the DS Castlevanias to death, but I would like this next title to be more open-ended with an emphasis on character uberization.

I loved the feeling of controlling end-game Soma from Aria of Sorrow, spamming lightning doll and abbadon while flying through areas at maximum speed with black panther.

It would be wonderful for this next iteration to have exponentially greater customization options, with the main character changing his appearance according to his equipped armors. Leveling should be more in-depth than simply farming EXP until all of your stats increase at some pre-determined rate.

The combat as well, needs a bit of an overhaul. Hack n' slash is all good and well... for the first four hours, but towards the end of any of these castleroids, combat seems little more than button-mashing with virtually zero regard for strategy or tactics. Any action title really needs to allow for some amount of skill to overcome any deficiency in level or equips (I'm envisioning two-dimensional DMC combat mechanics). Basically, I want more than one single standard attack, and one powered up mana attack per weapon. The magic skills are nice, but not enough, and cumbersome to switch between. Even single-button canned-combos would be a nice change of pace for me.

As for the castle itself? Make it MASSIVE with areas divided more by difficulty than locale with additional monsters that unlock after completing certain tasks or gaining X amount of levels. The castles thus far are fantastic, but become painfully repetitive to traverse when nearing the endgame.

I would also like less Medusa heads in the clocktower.

Posted at 4:30PM on Aug 23rd 2007 by JP

AznTakumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 AznTakumi
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts
I didn't really see a problem with the game. It was perfect to me. =D
rosacea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rosacea
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
for me, the new castlevania games have been way too shallow. i just ever got into them as much a i did with the old school ones. and stupid spells in whatever game it was were damn annoying. more custonisation would be great though. i love when characters change appearance, which is so rare these days :(
Avatar image for deactivated-57d0bc5893bf2
deactivated-57d0bc5893bf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-57d0bc5893bf2
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
yes too many useless spells
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts