This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Do you guys think with the recent news of the Oblivion engine (gamebyro or something like that) being made to work on Wii do you think a elder scrolls port is in the works?

Probably not, i've played it alot already but i wouldn't mind another take,... but

do you think a third party would have an easier time making 360 to Wii ports ( and not making them so terribly too) if they used this engine?

And if so would you like to see Ninty do something like Sony is doing with Epic and the unreal 3 and adopting the engine generally for most third parties to use and first party?

Can you imagine Zelda looking as good as oblivion?

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

Do you guys think with the recent news of the Oblivion engine (gamebyro or something like that) being made to work on Wii do you think a elder scrolls port is in the works?

Probably not, i've played it alot already but i wouldn't mind another take,... but

do you think a third party would have an easier time making 360 to Wii ports ( and not making them so terribly too) if they used this engine?

And if so would you like to see Ninty do something like Sony is doing with Epic and the unreal 3 and adopting the engine generally for most third parties to use and first party?

darth-pyschosis

it wont bethsea already said oblivion would never work on the wii. they would have to water down the gameplay and graphics way to much.

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts
I don't think so. As for the last comment, I like Zelda's artstyle. I guess I'm not too found of shaders. Just looks...odd. Realism would look odd in Zelda, also.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

dinofan01

it wont bethsea already said oblivion would never work on the wii. they would have to water down the gameplay and graphics way to much.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25917841

Ahh hemm. (clears throat)

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dinofan01
[QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

darth-pyschosis

its just an engine the wii wouldnt be able to handle all those side quest, the size of the world, the npcs, or the graphics. its just an engine.

LastLaugh90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LastLaugh90
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts
Oblivion may not work, but morrowind would be sweet on the wii
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

dinofan01

its just an engine the wii wouldnt be able to handle all those side quest, the size of the world, the npcs, or the graphics. its just an engine.

So why if it couldn't fit that big of a world is Spore already announced for Wii? It will have 4 billion planets.

And oblivion is on a standard DVD (360 version) take away the HD programming and you have plenty of room to work with I imagine.

and the wii knows about side quests. hello ZELDA!!!!!

graphics would probably look really nice just downscaled to 480p.

360 games still look better than alot of wii games in 480i so why couldn't it look great?

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dinofan01
[QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

darth-pyschosis

So why if it couldn't fit that big of a world is Spore already announced for Wii? It will have 4 billion planets.

And oblivion is on a standard DVD (360 version) take away the HD programming and you have plenty of room to work with I imagine.

360 games still look better than alot of wii games in 480i so why couldn't it look great?

you have know idea what your talking about. zeldas side quest doesnt even compare to oblivion. the graphics would not look good. only a system like the 360 and ps3 can handle it. and this isnt just me saying it bethseda already said it before

LastLaugh90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LastLaugh90
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

dinofan01

you have know idea what your talking about. zeldas side quest doesnt even compare to oblivion. the graphics would not look good. only a system like the 360 and ps3 can handle it. and this isnt just me saying it bethseda already said it before

yeah i agree. I also doubt spore for the wii will be ne bit as huge and expansive as the PC version. Sporeis also announced for the DS,,,

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

dinofan01

i meant the zelda thing like saying oblivion couldn't have done it without having seen zelda done it before, they are different.

look you're looking at a early 360 game in elder scrolls.

i think its entirely do-able on the Wii so long its downscaled resolution-wise, take out the HD programming to add room for the gameplay (side quests, frame rate, etc.)

bethesda said it couldn't handle it yet its been proven. by the people who've made the engine. the physics, etc.

i'm not saying an elder scrolls port is in the works or will ever be i'm asking whether or not people would like to see Ninty adopt an engine so that third parties may have an easier time working with their console.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dinofan01
[QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

darth-pyschosis

i meant the zelda thing like saying oblivion couldn't have done it without having seen zelda done it before, they are different.

i think its entirely do-able on the Wii so long its downscaled resolution-wise, take out the HD programming to add room for the gameplay (side quests, frame rate, etc.)

bethesda said it couldn't handle it yet its been proven. by the people who've made the engine. the physics, etc.

i'm not saying an elder scrolls port is in the works or will ever be i'm asking whether or not people would like to see Ninty adopt an engine so that third parties may have an easier time working with their console.

once again i say its an engine. that doesnt mean a game on that engine can work on every system. and i have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to zelda. what does a foundation have to do with the wiis power

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

dinofan01

once again i say its an engine. that doesnt mean a game on that engine can work on every system. and i have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to zelda. what does a foundation have to do with the wiis power

its the exact same engine as in the xbox 360 elder scrolls 4 oblivion version that they just tooled for the Wii. I put up the link.

that means an early 360 game's engine works on the Wii.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dinofan01
[QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

darth-pyschosis

its the exact same engine as in the xbox 360 elder scrolls 4 oblivion version that they just tooled for the Wii. I put up the link.

no it doesnt know what your talking about before you say anything

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="dinofan01"][QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

dinofan01

no it doesnt know what your talking about before you say anything

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Stop quoting each other! Anyway this engine means shorter dev times for those who use it.
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
Oblivion may not work, but morrowind would be sweet on the wiiLastLaugh90
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
Just so everyone knows, Oblivion is possible on the Wii. Although if the game was released, I doubt I'd buy it as I have Oblivion, Elder Scrolls and Knights of the 9 on PC.
fleig_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fleig_man
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts
i still don't think we have seen the true power of the wii. maybe this engine would help. oh and i do believe Oblivion is possible on the wii
Goron_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Goron_Link
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

i still don't think we have seen the true power of the wii. maybe this engine would help. oh and i do believe Oblivion is possible on the wiifleig_man

True we haven't seen the true power until maybe SMG or SSBB

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="fleig_man"]i still don't think we have seen the true power of the wii. maybe this engine would help. oh and i do believe Oblivion is possible on the wiiGoron_Link

True we haven't seen the true power until maybe SMG or SSBB

No, we haven't seen the true power of the Wii until sometime in late 2009

Avatar image for Hitsugaya_gamer
Hitsugaya_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hitsugaya_gamer
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
3 months ago I was in doubt in what console should i pick. Why? Nintendo wii has good games i knew but I wanted oblivion at all costs. If they release a game like that for the wii it will be awesome.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#23 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

i still don't think we have seen the true power of the wii. maybe this engine would help. oh and i do believe Oblivion is possible on the wiifleig_man

True, but there will always be bigots that'll constantly say dumb things about the Wii (ie. being kiddy, graphics last-gen, etc.). IMO the graphic engine of the Wii is only getting tapped, and it could possibly be HD compatible, however frame rates aren't optimized yet to handle it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="fleig_man"]i still don't think we have seen the true power of the wii. maybe this engine would help. oh and i do believe Oblivion is possible on the wiihiphops_savior

True, but there will always be bigots that'll constantly say dumb things about the Wii (ie. being kiddy, graphics last-gen, etc.). IMO the graphic engine of the Wii is only getting tapped, and it could possibly be HD compatible, however frame rates aren't optimized yet to handle it.

It's already HD compatible with component cables and an output of 480p

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

The big news yet another developer stepping up to back the Wii and bringing it's engine with it. Oblivion has been played by everyone who wants to do so and won't attract the new casual market. Bethesda has something else up it's sleeves.

Stop arguing over Oblivion being ported and get hyped for the apps to come!

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
No because the company that developed the game engine is not responsible for making Oblivion. Bethesda just licensed the game engine, that the only link they have to this story. So anyone who things oblivion will come to wii because the game engine has been optimized for wii is running down a dead end.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
Some of you guys are ****ing idiots! SIDE QUESTS ARE JUST EXTRA INFORMATION STORED ON THE DVD! jeez. The ammount of information stored externally has nothing to do with the systems power.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#28 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
i doubt that oblivion would come out for the wii. the engine was also used to make Civ 4 and maybe a few other games though. mabye it's being used in Civ Revolution?
ZeroWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZeroWil
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts

While I would LOVE to see Elder Scrolls on the Wii, I doubt it'll ever happen. I think the Wii controls would be perfect (that is, if you only play in the first person perspective) swinging the Wiimote to attack, raising the nunchuck for a shield, etc.

Oh well.

Voodooline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Voodooline
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

I don't think so. As for the last comment, I like Zelda's artstyle. I guess I'm not too found of shaders. Just looks...odd. Realism would look odd in Zelda, also.dieworm

Zelda graphics dont need to be touched. It wouldnt be the same zelda. Also GRAPHICS dont make the game, the game play does. Owning a 360 at 1 time, i know what graphics can be. But the wii doesnt go off graphics it goes off its gameplay.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts

While I would LOVE to see Elder Scrolls on the Wii, I doubt it'll ever happen. I think the Wii controls would be perfect (that is, if you only play in the first person perspective) swinging the Wiimote to attack, raising the nunchuck for a shield, etc.

Oh well.

ZeroWil

I personally don't think Oblivion would be that great on the Wii. Sure, it seems that way, but we really don't know the true sensing ability of the Wiimote. It can aim and click. We don't know if it can read comlex movements to the amount of precision required in Oblivion. We'll have to see how Samurai Warriors: Katana turns out. I think it will either open the swordfighting floodgates or shut and lock them for good. Pray for the former.

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts
We wont know the true power of Wii until Factor 5 shows us. :P RS3 looks like a 360 game. :P
SuprLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SuprLuigi
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
Nerd Fight!
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Nintendo already has a superior engines for the Wii why modify something that is not worth working with.
Templar_Sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Templar_Sword
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
My concern is that they would do a quick port of Elder Scrollsto the Wii in order to cash in, while neglecting to optimize the gamefor theWii's controls and graphical potential (whatever that maybe).
dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
It is going to be a very watered down engine. Oblivion is most likely out of the question at least med to high settings.