Nothing is happening with the psp..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iginlawasup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 iginlawasup
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

So I was thinking about getting a ds for christmas because nothing new is happening with the psp in terms of games, all that exiting is Littlebigplanet will come out and Im not counting on that being 9.0+. So I was looking at the ds and I saw Bowsers inside story Pokemon heartgold or something and I have played Emerald and Firered and enjoyed them so should I get a DS? If so should I get the dsi because of the technology advancement or the ds lite because it will be cheaper and this year because my family may be getting a mac so it will be a little bit of a cheap christmas this year.

Dracula888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dracula888
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

ds' are way better than psps. they just have a lot of better games (not that it doesnt have a **** ton of *****y games). get a ds lite, i dont see any reason to have the dsi to be honest with u. get shin agamis devil survivor, fire emblem, one of the castlevanias, or the upcoming kingdom hearts

iginlawasup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 iginlawasup
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

ds' are way better than psps. they just have a lot of better games (not that it doesnt have a **** ton of *****y games). get a ds lite, i dont see any reason to have the dsi to be honest with u. get shin agamis devil survivor, fire emblem, one of the castlevanias, or the upcoming kingdom hearts

Dracula888

Well Psp is good but it just needs more games. And also I really want to get back to playing pokemon. But Ijust found out that here in Canada its 140 dollars. I hope it drops in price more.

Dracula888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dracula888

pokemon platinum is fun, i personally think pokemon is too easy of an rpg, but get platinum it was fun

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Get a DS but this belongs in SW

the DS finished off the PSP last year, the amount of good games from DS to PSP is ugly, its like 90 to 30 in the last two years on metacritic in terms of A/AA/AAA

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
I'll admit that the PSP is actually having some solid games coming out like a new Metal Gear Solid but I'd go with the DS because the PSP is for hardcore gamers only.
appletsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 appletsauce
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

Sure, go for a DS. After the initial shock of spending a lot at one time wears down, you can focus on getting good, cheap games, like the ones mentioned in the recommendation thread.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Dracula888

Um...no. The DS' are not way better than PSPs.

By the way, the PSP has Castlevania Dracula Chronicles X which has Symphony of the Night, which is better than any DS Castlevania game, it has Jeanne D`Arc which is much better than the DS' Fire Emblem (I know, I have both and Jeanne D`Arc is much better). And the PSP is getting a Persona game and a much better version of Kingdom Hearts called Birth by Sleep.

So no...the DS is not way better than the PSP. They are about equal, but which one is better goes more by which system fits someone's taste.

giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 giga_yeti
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

[QUOTE="Dracula888"]

ASK_Story

By the way, the PSP has Castlevania Dracula Chronicles X which has Symphony of the Night, which is better than any DS Castlevania game, it has Jeanne D`Arc which is much better than the DS' Fire Emblem (I know, I have both and Jeanne D`Arc is much better). And the PSP is getting a Persona game and a much better version of Kingdom Hearts called Birth by Sleep.

So no...the DS is not way better than the PSP. They are about equal, but which one is better goes more by which system fits someone's taste.

wow...4 games ds has dozens of good games that are out and plenty more coming.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

[QUOTE="Dracula888"]

giga_yeti

wow...4 games ds has dozens of good games that are out and plenty more coming.

I was just comparing the same type of games the previous poster was recommending. And the PSP has plenty of games. I can name one or two games alone and those blow away a dozen DS games combined.

Don't get me wrong, I love the DS. I have both the DSLite and DSi. But it irks me when DS fanboys take the system wars route and bash the PSP when they never even had one or considered to play its games.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ASK_Story

The only thing the DS has that I prefer are the Dragon Quest games and maybe New Super Mario Bros.. That's really about it. If it wasn't for those, I'd probably claim the PSP is my preferred handheld.

That's why I feel both is about equal. I can't believe why saying both are great would upset DS owners. What's wrong with loving both and enjoying both systems for the great games they offer?

And look at my sig in the now playing list. Obviously, I enjoy and love both. But also, look at the variety of games. You can't play games like Soul Calibur Broken Destiny or Dissidia Final Fantasy on the DS. That's a fact. The DS can't handle games like that. But although the PSP can handle all those Dragon Quest remakes, it's not on the PSP, so that's where the DS comes in. Also, New Super Mario Bros. and some other Nintendo first party games are great.

So in my opinion DS = PSP.

That shouldn't cause a system wars debate but it should be reasonable and encourage even the mose core Nintendo/DS fanboy or anyone looking for a good handheld to give a PSP a try as well.

Dracula888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dracula888

jeanne d'arc is fun, but is in no way shape or form better than fire emblem

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ASK_Story

Dracula888
You never played Jeanne D`Arc, obviously.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darth-pyschosis

I'll admit that the PSP is actually having some solid games coming out like a new Metal Gear Solid but I'd go with the DS because the PSP is for hardcore gamers only.flowersjf

psp for hardcore gamers? lol no. DS has the most and best games for people who game a lot, aka hardcore gamers

Dracula888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dracula888

actually i owned it and beat it, u havent played fire emblem obviously

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Dracula888"]

ASK_Story

You never played Jeanne D`Arc, obviously.

what is this i hear? two differing opinions?

SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

Dracula888

So many things wrong with this post. First off, it's Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, not shin agamis. Secondly, PSP being better than DS is entirely subjective. Each have equally fun exclusives. Yes, while it is true for most of this gen the DS has had a much stronger software lineup, the PSP is most certainly making a comeback with what looks like a strong AA-AAA lineup for the holidays. If you were genuinely interested in a PSP but turned off by the lack of software, I suggest you reassess your decision and take a look at the PSPs upcoming line up, it looks to have alot of killer app titles. Nonetheless, the DS is a great system with some very memorable RPGs, you can't really go wrong with either.

Light_yagami09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Light_yagami09
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
anyone here can help me with final fantasy 3 ds mognet?
Dracula888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dracula888

[QUOTE="Dracula888"]

SimoSays2541

So many things wrong with this post. First off, it's Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, not shin agamis. Secondly, PSP being better than DS is entirely subjective. Each have equally fun exclusives. Yes, while it is true for most of this gen the DS has had a much stronger software lineup, the PSP is most certainly making a comeback with what looks like a strong AA-AAA lineup for the holidays. If you were genuinely interested in a PSP but turned off by the lack of software, I suggest you reassess your decision and take a look at the PSPs upcoming line up, it looks to have alot of killer app titles. Nonetheless, the DS is a great system with some very memorable RPGs, you can't really go wrong with either.

a) no s*** its an opinion, thats why we are typing on a message boards, and b) yes i did spell shin megami tensei completely wrong but thats because i dont give a damn, and c) there was nothing else wrong with the post so dont say "there are so many things wrong with this post"

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story

actually i owned it and beat it, u havent played fire emblem obviously

Dracula888
To each his own. I have Fire Emblem. I like it but it's a letdown because the GBA versions were stronger entries. That's why I'm comparing Jeanne D`Arc to Fire Emblem on the DS, not the entire series.
Dracula888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dracula888

ill agree, the gba ones were better, and joanne is a strong title

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ASK_Story

If you ask me, PSPs are, just not fun. I played with my cousin's PSP once, and I really didn't like it. I say get a DS. XD

For one, I love the Nintendo Wi-Fi, and the software selection. =) (And the touch screen of course)

And even the game action. It's really fun.

Lilyanne46
That's the thing, why dismiss the PSP by playing it once? Also, you have to play more than just your cousin's games. It's like saying, I played Killzone 2's demo and didn't like it, so the PS3 sucks. Get the Wii instead. That makes no sense, right?
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

The only thing the DS has that I prefer are the Dragon Quest games and maybe New Super Mario Bros.. That's really about it. If it wasn't for those, I'd probably claim the PSP is my preferred handheld.

That's why I feel both is about equal. I can't believe why saying both are great would upset DS owners. What's wrong with loving both and enjoying both systems for the great games they offer?

And look at my sig in the now playing list. Obviously, I enjoy and love both. But also, look at the variety of games. You can't play games like Soul Calibur Broken Destiny or Dissidia Final Fantasy on the DS. That's a fact. The DS can't handle games like that. But although the PSP can handle all those Dragon Quest remakes, it's not on the PSP, so that's where the DS comes in. Also, New Super Mario Bros. and some other Nintendo first party games are great.

So in my opinion DS = PSP.

That shouldn't cause a system wars debate but it should be reasonable and encourage even the mose core Nintendo/DS fanboy or anyone looking for a good handheld to give a PSP a try as well.

ASK_Story
As an ex PSP user I would have to agree with you. I'd still be playing that if the disc lens wasn't so crappy.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="flowersjf"]I'll admit that the PSP is actually having some solid games coming out like a new Metal Gear Solid but I'd go with the DS because the PSP is for hardcore gamers only.darth-pyschosis

psp for hardcore gamers? lol no. DS has the most and best games for people who game a lot, aka hardcore gamers

DS is better for casuals and it does have hardcore games. But as a owner of both systems, the PSP is definitely more hardcore.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Lilyanne46"]

If you ask me, PSPs are, just not fun. I played with my cousin's PSP once, and I really didn't like it. I say get a DS. XD

For one, I love the Nintendo Wi-Fi, and the software selection. =) (And the touch screen of course)

And even the game action. It's really fun.

Lilyanne46

That's the thing, why dismiss the PSP by playing it once? Also, you have to play more than just your cousin's games. It's like saying, I played Killzone 2's demo and didn't like it, so the PS3 sucks. Get the Wii instead. That makes no sense, right?

I played it once, but I did play every single one of his PSP games, and videos in the duration. I meant to say that though. :P

You're right though. I'm just stating an opinion though, if I may do that. :D

True story. I didn't like the DS when I played the demos at the stores. But I kept playing every demo I can find. Then I played Mario Kart at Wal-Mart and liked it. So I got the DS for Christmas with Mario Kart of course. That's why I believe people shouldn't just dismiss a system without giving it any chance. It's really just fanboyism, not saying that you are or anything, but just saying the reason for this kind of thing going on. It was the same with the PSP. At first, the games did suck and the line-up was weak, except for maybe Lumines. But I didn't want to buy a $200 system just for Lumines. Until the PSP slowly started getting titles like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Jeanne D`Arc, and than Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII. Than the PSP was catching my interest and I love it now. But I also love the DS. I think it's best to give props to each system for the good they have, and to honestly criticize them for anything that it can improve.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ASK_Story

Hardcore gaming? I only use my REALLY old game consoles for those. I got a new system, to take a break from hardcore games. =|

Lilyanne46
Hardcore is also a very subjective term. What's hardcore to some may be nothing to others. So just because I say the PSP feels more hardcore, doesn't mean I'm right. It's all based on one's taste.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ASK_Story
Just to add another thought. For example, I love fighting games, and I love the idea of having a portable handheld version of my favorites. But the DS is not a good system for these games. That's where the PSP comes in and I can enjoy games like Tekken DR, SoulCalibur Broken Destiny, and SF Alpha 3 Max. Like I said, each system has its goods and bads. For example, the PSP lacks JRPGs. So that's why I love the DS as well because of the JRPGs like Dragon Quest IV, V, and IX.
SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

[QUOTE="SimoSays2541"]

[QUOTE="Dracula888"]

Dracula888

a) no s*** its an opinion, thats why we are typing on a message boards, and b) yes i did spell shin megami tensei completely wrong but thats because i dont give a damn, and c) there was nothing else wrong with the post so dont say "there are so many things wrong with this post"

Spelling something wrong because you don't care is pointless and make you look like you have no clue what you are talking about. What else is wrong with your post? Numerous grammar errors and you didn't even list good exclusives for the DS. Kingdom Hearts DS is outclassed by Birth By Sleep, great Castlevania titles can also be found on the PSP, and the PSP is also home to wonderful SRPG's (Disgaea 2 and FFT: WoTL anyone?) so Fire Emblem doesn't hold much wait. But I digress. TC, if you like Mario games (New Super Mario Bros.), innovative puzzlers (Professor Layton, Scribblenauts), unique RPGs (Knights in the Nightmare, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor/Strange Journey) and classics like Pokemon, the DS is for you. If you tend to like ports and installments from popular Playstation franchises (Daxter, FF7 Crisis Core, Motorstorm, Killzone, LBP, GT), more competitive online play (Socom series), and better graphics(Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny)the PSP is for you.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ASK_Story

I did give it a chance. I thought it looked cool in the commercials. But, it was kinda bland. :(

I am in no way trying to disrespect your opinion, I highly respect everyones' opinion.

I remember I have the original DS. Another reason I like DS, and DS lite is how there is a way to play all my old (37) GBA games. X)

Lilyanne46
I hear you. I have a Lite and a DSi myself. I also have great GBA games I treasure, so that's why I got a Lite. And on another hand, the PSP can download great clas-sics like FFVII, Suikoden, and R-Type Delta. I wish the PSN had more games but it's still a great option to have.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ASK_Story

He didn't tell me you could download stuff on a PSP. XD I'm going to his house to play again. I'm going to test your opinion. ^-^

However, there is sadness for me, when I found out the DSi cannot play GBA games. But I like the other features. I would get one, but I don't have $180 to spend on yet another console. :P

Lilyanne46
You didn't know that? It's one of PSP's great features. I just wish US had a better selection on their PSN store.
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
This isn't the best place to bring up PSP discussion or comparison to the DS. Try System Wars