NO Wii's For Christmas!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigjj92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bigjj92
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

I have been looking for a wii for this Holiday season, but every store is sold out.

then i started looking online and i came across this website www.craigslist.org.

its a website that people put up ads for local sells of anything. well i bought my

wii there and im glad i found that website. i hope the website can help you.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
wii is impossiable to find unless you do somthing extream to find one. odds are there will be no wii for x mas . unles you pay someone 450$ on cragslist.
ghostjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ghostjr
Member since 2006 • 234 Posts
Or unless you were smart and bought one really early for Christmas. I mean like in September.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
It's insane how in demand these consoles are. I got lucky and got one last year for Christmas. My dad went to Wal-Mart at 5 in the morning and waited for their next shipment to come in. He got one of only three available and we had a great Christmas.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts
Nintendo is stamping out Wiis as fast as they can, but demand exceeds supply by a large amount. Stores are getting them, but they don't last long on shelves. You have to put in a lot of effort, or get lucky, to find one at retail price.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
For those that can't find a Wii, I have a violin for sale.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

It's insane how in demand these consoles are. I got lucky and got one last year for Christmas. My dad went to Wal-Mart at 5 in the morning and waited for their next shipment to come in. He got one of only three available and we had a great Christmas.PlasmaBeam44

Your Dad owns! :D lol.

If you have waited this long your only real choice is buy an over pirced bundle or pay twice the price its worth on ebay, personally I would go with the bundles.

tonyex55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tonyex55
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

really there are a crap ton here....i'll sell mine

iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
Its crazy how hard they are to get. I got mine for Christmas last year and my mom had to get it under the table so no one else in the store could see that she got one at GameStop. My neighbor also got one last year but her Dad went to target and went there at 5:00 in the morning and got the last one out of 30. I hope everyone that wants a Wii can find one at a decent price because it is a great console.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts
My buddy works at Toys R Us. He said he got in 50 last sunday, they all sold minutes after the store opened. :lol: He says he hates xmas now due to the sales.
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
yeah, the funny thing about that is they did a pole on the most wanted items for christmas, and it was an LCD tv, ps3, wii, and the 360. i dont see how that makes sense cause the wii never last more than a day, and even though ps3's sales r going up... u can still walk in and get one
Game_Druggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Game_Druggy
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
I knew that thurr was goig to be a huge rush, i preordered mine in on august, then i got it on launch
BlueFrawg22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlueFrawg22
Member since 2006 • 658 Posts
I used craigslist.com to get my wii, I traded it for a psp and a couple games!
sknyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sknyme
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

yeah, the funny thing about that is they did a pole on the most wanted items for christmas, and it was an LCD tv, ps3, wii, and the 360. i dont see how that makes sense cause the wii never last more than a day, and even though ps3's sales r going up... u can still walk in and get onemrjam0

Only reason for people getting a PS3 is because the Wii's are sold out. My wife bought me a Wii for my birthday in late November and now there aren't any anywhere! Good luck to all and a Merry X-mas!!

CrispyTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrispyTheMan
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I am so lucky!!!!!!!!!

Me and my parents went to Toys'R'Us just to get some x-mas gifts and they had a van outsidedelivering Wii's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: My mum decided that we should get one because we won't have a miracle like this all the time!So we waited in line and got the last one, but I have to wait untilx-mas to play it. I won't get a suprise this Christmas but at least I will get a Wii! Oh yea and I cracked up when I saw a nice old Granny walk out with 3 lol!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I think Gamestop is allowing you to reserve one for January. Not sure if it was this week or next week?
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

For those that can't find a Wii, I have a violin for sale.raahsnavj

Is it a small one?

mexicongamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mexicongamer
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
horray for i got my today after waking up a 7 in the morning to go their did that for like 3 days then today some lady was like their going to have some today so everyone got hyped for it so as soon as the doors open some people were like my kid go to have one they ran in but i bet them all:D(thank god for soccer practice) so as i soon i hit the game section notin everyone got pissed at that lady. so i dedicde to stay as i had nothin planed so stay to wait for the next shipment that took like 6 hours of walking around and stocking some lady that worked their and handles shipments and as soon as the shipment came in i was the first one
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
good for u. my girlfriend got me a wii last christmas. so i was one of the early lucky wii owners
Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 Video_Tycoon
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
The supply and demand of the Wii is outrageous. Over 10m have been sold and there is still the hugest demand. :P Fanboys/girls can go away now.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

I think Gamestop is allowing you to reserve one for January. Not sure if it was this week or next week?LINKloco

starts in the 21'st...

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
my dad got me one of an area of 34 sores and got the last one
Helixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Helixwolf
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
I've called a lot of stores here in Houston and not one store has a single Wii. I called one Toys R Us store here and the manager told me that the demand is so high for the Wii that they have even had problems with people trying to high-jack the trucks that have the Wii's. I guess I may have to wait to find one until Jan. because I'll be damned if I'm going topay $450 to some individual or go on Ebay.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#24 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
we got our last shipment of Wiis before christmas today. we got 21 and they were gone within a hour. Happens everytime.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
You know if worst comes to worst, you could always get a "Vii" :P. lol.
kaptain_insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 kaptain_insano
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
oh s***! 3 wii's!!!! ahahhahaah! old granny! rofl!

I am so lucky!!!!!!!!!

Me and my parents went to Toys'R'Us just to get some x-mas gifts and they had a van outsidedelivering Wii's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: My mum decided that we should get one because we won't have a miracle like this all the time!So we waited in line and got the last one, but I have to wait untilx-mas to play it. I won't get a suprise this Christmas but at least I will get a Wii! Oh yea and I cracked up when I saw a nice old Granny walk out with 3 lol!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrispyTheMan
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

OUT OF EXTREME LUCK I ACTUALLY GOT A WII IN TOYS R US DURING THE AFTERNOON ON DECEMBER 22 WITHOUT EVEN HAVING TO WAIT ON LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i had walked in to the game section in TRU, around 3 o clock, they were putting out 4 wiis for sale. they were hiding i tbehind the counter to avoid a crash of people. nobody actually noticed the wiis except for me. we bought 2 right there then the other two were bought seconds after we got the receipt. they go fast, but my credit card went faster!!!!8)

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
I got mine last Friday at Futureshop. They got 40 in and I got the last one until the new year!
_pulser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _pulser_
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
Yes, that's a great site. Glad you found a Wii.
evil_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 evil_luigi
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts
just walked into best buy and asked. they had it and i was like, OOOOOOOHHHHH YEAAAAHHH!!!!
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
That's great for you, but I don't see any other people getting a Wii this holiday season unless they get it for $600...
Beasnizzle99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Beasnizzle99
im in ohio and last sunday i went 2 best buy at 530 am and they had over 200 wiis i stood inline till 8 and was #57 then as i was leavin at 830am people were walkin in and buying them .... sucks i stood in line but i guess its better 2 be safe than sorry...Target next 2 bestbuy had a long line as well...they had 100+ as did Toys r us across the street.....i live near akron.
Beasnizzle99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Beasnizzle99

OUT OF EXTREME LUCK I ACTUALLY GOT A WII IN TOYS R US DURING THE AFTERNOON ON DECEMBER 22 WITHOUT EVEN HAVING TO WAIT ON LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as soon as i had walked in to the game section in TRU, around 3 o clock, they were putting out 4 wiis for sale. they were hiding i tbehind the counter to avoid a crash of people. nobody actually noticed the wiis except for me. we bought 2 right there then the other two were bought seconds after we got the receipt. they go fast, but my credit card went faster!!!!8)

ms555

umm.....did u time travel? or did u mean last year?? :)

Durffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Durffen
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
All i can say is thank god for a chair, a blanket, and the door step of target.
Buttmonkey9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Buttmonkey9000
Member since 2005 • 2875 Posts
Yeah - I work in an electronics store and the amount of people i have to turn away because we don't have any Wii's in stock is phenominal.
destroyer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 destroyer360
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
my mom had her, my grandparents, and my other grandmother to go look for one my grandparents found one at target
kapil_uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kapil_uk
Member since 2004 • 1272 Posts

Just call early and camp out for a while, you'll get one.

weeman19_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 weeman19_89
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts

Hi,
Try www.wizardprice.comthey have tuns in stock and me and my m8z have all ordered from them and we all got them, they even offered collection as i was very worried as loads say they are in stock but just take your money and vanish, luckily it has never happened to me but hearing it in the papers is a worry, well ive got a wii, this christmas see if they will delivery but it may be cutting it fine.

Tar