No More Donkey Kong Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I read that Rare owns the rights to donkey kong and since MS bought Rare that means they can't make any more donkey kong games on the Wii. Is that true because I see donkey kong in a few games on the Wii already.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

I read that Rare owns the rights to donkey kong and since MS bought Rare that means they can't make any more donkey kong games on the Wii. Is that true because I see donkey kong in a few games on the Wii already.

ColdP1zza

Rare doesn't own the rights to Donkey Kong, Nintendo does. Rare won't be making any more Donkey Kong games unless they ever split from Microsoft.

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
I really don't want Rare to make anymore Donkey Kong games. It slowly started to go downhill with DKC 3..then DKC 64 (even though I liked this one, can't compete with the 2D ones though) The only way it'd be awesome is if they made a DKC 4, and made it side scrolling. But it can't happen.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
lol where ever you read that, they have no clue, Nintendo owns the right to the Donkey Kong IP and all things affliated with it, why do you think Donkey Kong has been in every Smash Brothers and Diddy was in Brawl? Think about that for a sec. Then there is also all the DK games that have been released since the Nintendo/Rare split. Its simple common sense really.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

ColdP1zza
nintendo owns all DK rights, Rare owns none.Nintendo can make DK games without rare. Rare cant do DK games without asking nintendo permission.Crystal clear?hope so.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
I really don't want Rare to make anymore Donkey Kong games. It slowly started to go downhill with DKC 3..then DKC 64 (even though I liked this one, can't compete with the 2D ones though) The only way it'd be awesome is if they made a DKC 4, and made it side scrolling. But it can't happen.DevilBorg
rare did Diddy Kong racing for the Nintendo DS after it was bought by MS .It can happen but they cant do it too often or Ms will slap their buttcheeks.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

ColdP1zza
You answered your own question...
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
[QUOTE="DevilBorg"]I really don't want Rare to make anymore Donkey Kong games. It slowly started to go downhill with DKC 3..then DKC 64 (even though I liked this one, can't compete with the 2D ones though) The only way it'd be awesome is if they made a DKC 4, and made it side scrolling. But it can't happen.intro94
rare did Diddy Kong racing for the Nintendo DS after it was bought by MS .It can happen but they cant do it too often or Ms will slap their buttcheeks.

Uuuuhhhhh no. They made the DS game because Microsoft isn't in the handheld business, therefore it doesn't affect them or their sales. They CANNOT make a Wii game, no matter what. It's about as likely as Gears of War coming to the PS3.
Avatar image for littleyoungster
littleyoungster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 littleyoungster
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
I never really liked donkey kong games so i dont really care(no offense donkey kong fans)
VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 VeryGnawty
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
Rare owns the rights to Donkey Kong Country, but Nintendo still owns the rights to the character Donkey Kong, so it won't happen.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Rare owns the rights to Donkey Kong Country, but Nintendo still owns the rights to the character Donkey Kong, so it won't happen.VeryGnawty

No. Donkey Kong Country is part of the Donkey Kong franchise. Nintendo owns it. If Nintendo didn't own it, it would not be on the virtual console.

CrashMan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrashMan09
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts

lol where ever you read that, they have no clue, Nintendo owns the right to the Donkey Kong IP and all things affliated with it, why do you think Donkey Kong has been in every Smash Brothers and Diddy was in Brawl? Think about that for a sec. Then there is also all the DK games that have been released since the Nintendo/Rare split. Its simple common sense really. Sepewrath

LOL - aren't you and I always the ones chiming in with the common sense with all these DK topics? I really should start ignoring any thread titles that include the words "Donkey Kong," since there are more people who honestly believe Rare owns the rights to Donkey Kong than anyone could ever hope to educate.

izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts

Hopefully, we will see a DK game on the Wii.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
Nintendo own the rights to the name and previous games, i do believe, but as far as making a new game that would actually be a DK country 4, i think that that falls into some risky business, like starfox.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]lol where ever you read that, they have no clue, Nintendo owns the right to the Donkey Kong IP and all things affliated with it, why do you think Donkey Kong has been in every Smash Brothers and Diddy was in Brawl? Think about that for a sec. Then there is also all the DK games that have been released since the Nintendo/Rare split. Its simple common sense really. CrashMan09

LOL - aren't you and I always the ones chiming in with the common sense with all these DK topics? I really should start ignoring any thread titles that include the words "Donkey Kong," since there are more people who honestly believe Rare owns the rights to Donkey Kong than anyone could ever hope to educate.

I'm with you, after all the corrections many people still seem to have no clue about DK, even if it being as obvious as night following day, that Nintendo owns all things DK, so many people still don't know. I give up lol.
petros753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 petros753
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

Did you read it from my thread? :)

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilBorg"]I really don't want Rare to make anymore Donkey Kong games. It slowly started to go downhill with DKC 3..then DKC 64 (even though I liked this one, can't compete with the 2D ones though) The only way it'd be awesome is if they made a DKC 4, and made it side scrolling. But it can't happen.intro94

Well maybe then Rare will do it, depends on what kind of girl they are,....

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#18 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

I doubt we will see another DK platformer period. So it doesn't matter who has the rights.