No excitement over possiblities of DS-Tegra?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Why is no one talking about this? I guess i missed the threads.

Its rumored that the next nintendo handheld, likely a new Dual Screen device, will feature Nvidia Tegra 2 inside of it

Lets look at Tegra APX 250, the lowest in terms of specs version of Tegra chips, and the oldest one: 600Mhz CPU (better than PSP/GCN but a bit lower than Wii), capable of 720p video, HDMI output. Tegra APX 2600 has 700Mhz CPU putting it on par with Wii, with 166Mhz DDR memory, and then finally the TEGRA 650, the one inside the Zune HD, features an 800Mhz CPU (better than the Wii) and 200Mhz DDR memory and 1080p video

Basically, for people who don't understand computer specs, the Tegra chip in the Zune HD, the current top of the line model, is as powerful as the Nintendo Wii.

It is ideal for smartphones, and things connected to 3G networks (hmm, Nintendo mulling over adding 3G to devices?)

Now the rumors from Digital Foundry say a new Tegra 2 chip will surpass these specs and be the specific chip inside the next DS

Can you guys imagine something as powerful as the Wii, or the iPhone, in a Nintendo handheld?

I for one hope these rumors are true. Apparently, Nvidia just got the contract to put this in the handheld, so i'd say its still a ways off

I'd imagine if its true, they're designing the hardware with its innards already planned, ya know screens, buttons, cameras, etc.

Anyone excited? Do you think this is true do you hope its true?

If you don't want to speculate, then uhhh, don't post? I know its early, and possibly not true. So iff you think its not true, why?

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I'd like to add, i imagine a lot of DSi features will make it into this thing

Two cameras of higher MP, bigger screens, SDHC slot, better WiFi (hopefully N)

and of course DSiware will continue on to it

infact, i wouldn't be shocked if this thing was called DSi-(insert something) and not DS-(insert something)

Perhaps DSi evolved?

Additionally, i imagine whatever nex gen handheld comes out will have and use the very same game card slot in a similar situation as how GB/GBC games worked in a GBA slot

so that the DS games still fit into this consoles slot, and so do DSi games, and so will DS(whatever its called) games in the same slot

Probably the slot will support a higher amount of flash memory. I believe the current limit the DS slot reads is 2GBs (not Gigabits) but nintendo never uses over 256MB, i know it reads 2GBs coz, well certain ppl who like changing their consoles have unlocked this just like they unlocked the Wii's 2GB max SD slot to read up to 32GB SDHC cards long before nintendo updated it) It may read higher than this, i dunno just what i've heard

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Not really excited over something that isn't confirmed.
javajunkie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 javajunkie80
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts

I won't get excited about this until it's confirmed and the battery life estimates arereleased.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
sure, if only it was real. before we get excited over the possibilities of something, said thing must exist.
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#6 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

sure, if only it was real. before we get excited over the possibilities of something, said thing must exist.BrunoBRS

Pretty much this. No need getting hyped for something that hasn't been announced.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]sure, if only it was real. before we get excited over the possibilities of something, said thing must exist.Luigi12901

Pretty much this. No need getting hyped for something that hasn't been announced.

I'm with Bruno as well
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

[QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]sure, if only it was real. before we get excited over the possibilities of something, said thing must exist.TriniPlayer

I'm with Bruno as well

And I am with you on that :P.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

I'm with Bruno as well

Ya count me in. While I would like this to at one point exist...I'm not getting hyped untill I hear it does.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"] I'm with Bruno as wellWill47

Ya count me in. While I would like this to at one point exist...I'm not getting hyped untill I hear it does.

yay people are following me *creates twitter account* GO! :P
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts

[QUOTE="Will47"][QUOTE="ACL0V3R"]

BrunoBRS

Bruno, we're friends and all and I may follow you to the gates of hell, but I will never follow you to twitter.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Will47"] Ya count me in. While I would like this to at one point exist...I'm not getting hyped untill I hear it does.Will47

Bruno, we're friends and all and I may follow you to the gates of hell, but I will never follow you to twitter.

:lol: to the gates of hell? whoa that's quite a love declaration :lol: don't worry, i don't even have a twitter for you minions-- i mean friends to follow :P
X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

I'll be excited if and when I hear a concrete announcement. There's no point in being excited over some rumor.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#14 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

[QUOTE="Will47"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] yay people are following me *creates twitter account* GO! :PBrunoBRS

:lol: to the gates of hell? whoa that's quite a love declaration :lol: don't worry, i don't even have a twitter for you minions-- i mean friends to follow :P

Wait, you guys mean to say that Twitter isn't the gates of.....oh never mind. :lol:

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Will47"] Bruno, we're friends and all and I may follow you to the gates of hell, but I will never follow you to twitter.

Luigi12901

Wait, you guys mean to say that Twitter isn't the gates of.....oh never mind. :lol:

nah, twitter is way worse. it's past the 9th circle :P